C&I

December 2015 filers

252 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 1/26/2017 at 1:45 PM, aliyaan said:

I had my interview yesterday in Houston. scheduled time was 12, but were called in 30 mints late. whole interview took 10 minutes. She made us sworn and asked to show my IDs.i was asked for my date of birth and after 5 minutes she asked for new medical.

all the time she was on her computer typing something.

at last she said here is your approval. in few weeks you will get you 10 years green card.

it was worth to wait 13 months. i applied in 20015 Dec and at the time of interview we were 28 days over 2 year of marriage hence i was granted with 10 years GC.

Congrats!

On 2/11/2017 at 10:53 AM, tucker8439 said:

We had our interview Feb 1 for myself and our two kids. Appointments were 7:15 , 8:00 and 8:45. We were all called in about 7:45,our agent was very nice. She asked for all the original docs . We took an oath and she proceeded to ask us a list of questions - same list from the I485 doc. She asked us for our new medicals as ours had expired - so glad we remembered to get them redone. Do NOT think you won't need a new medical if yours expires during the wait process - they have to have it. We were there maybe 25 minutes - because there were three of us. She told us we were approved and to expect our cards in two - three weeks. We had our letters verifying our permanent residency 4 days later and our cards came the next day!!  Very impressed with the whole process - We had no issues at all - just a long wait because we're in Houston.

So happy and relieved !! 

Congrats!

• 11 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Hey, I'm back!

Some people here who are at the ROC stage too? I can't believe we have to go through this again...

I sent my I-751 package end of January, my GC expires in Aprils already!

12.03.2015 - Sent AOS package to USCIS Chicago

12.06.2015 - Package delivered

12.14.2015 - Text received from USCIS; case received

12.17.2015 - NOAs received on my birthday! :)

01.07.2016 - Appointment for biometrics

01.11.2016 - Form I-485 ready to be scheduled for interview

02.17.2016 - EAD/AP approved

02.24.2016 - EAD/AP arrived today

03.18.2016 - Notice for interview scheduled April 20, 2016

04.20.2016 - Green Card Interview

04.26.2016 - Green Card received

End of this journey!

01.2018 - Sent I-751 - 10-year Green Card package

04.25.2019 - I-751 approved 

#prayingformyGC

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/9/2018 at 1:02 PM, C&I said:

Hey, I'm back!

Some people here who are at the ROC stage too? I can't believe we have to go through this again...

I sent my I-751 package end of January, my GC expires in Aprils already!

Well congrats to you on that part 🎉🎉. My husband still havent made it here yet. We are still on the fight with the embassy smh. Thing feels like its not going to never end. But the pray and faith thiswill end soon.

Timeline
20 hours ago, Ms.F.Brown said:

Well congrats to you on that part 🎉🎉. My husband still havent made it here yet. We are still on the fight with the embassy smh. Thing feels like its not going to never end. But the pray and faith thiswill end soon.

I don't recall your situation. Where is your husband?

End of this journey!

#prayingformyGC

Timeline
20 hours ago, Bugg said:

Congratulations on the next step. My GC expires towards the end of October. Working on gathering all the documents before filing the I-751 and N-400. 

Thank you!

What's N-400?

I felt like organizing the file for ROC was SO MUCH more simple than the first one for the GC application! LOL

End of this journey!

#prayingformyGC

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, C&I said:

Thank you!

What's N-400?

I felt like organizing the file for ROC was SO MUCH more simple than the first one for the GC application! LOL

The N-400 form is the application for naturalization. And yes, the I-751 seems to be a more simple petition. The problem is getting all of our documents from different institutions such as finances, IRA's, 401K's, and such. 

• 5 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

How is everyone doing with their I-751? We have over 900 pages so far including anything from leases, to joint tax returns, bank accounts, credit cards, trips together, joint car loan, bills, legal mail, photos, joint IRA's and 401K's to name a few. Somehow it doesn't feel like it's enough with the way this administration is going about immigration. I'm to the point I may refuse my acceptance into the Master's program. 😔

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good Evening Everyone. 

I hope all of you are doing great and all has been well too. 

Yes, it's that time. On Monday Nov 5 we start the 90 day clock to remove my Wife's and Stepson's condition on their Green Card.  So I'm back with a question. 

On the I-795 instructions and uscis website it states the filling fee is $595 and then $85 per person Biometric filing fee.  I also read the instructions that state to list any dependents on one form.

So, is that correct that I only have to pay the $595 filling fee and it covers both my wife and son?  Some how I can't believe that's right. Given how this country's leadership has changed. (Let's just leave it at that, please) I have serious misgivings and don't trust the accuracy of the website nor the printed instructions. 

Can someone please help me confirm if the fee amount is truly $595 and it covers both.

Thank you all!

AA10 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.