BKN

December 2015 I-129F Filers [edited title]

1,886 posts in this topic

Happy New Years Everyone!

We are also in the same boat.

12/19/2015: Sent I-129F package to Dallas Lockbox

12/23/2015: Officially received and signed for at Dallas Lockbox

12/29/2015: Check cashed

12/29/2015: NOA1 email received (California Service Center (L) )

I'm going to pick up hard copy of NOA1 from my PO box today.

My fiance is citizen of India but he's in Australia on a student visa. So we have picked Sydney consulate for our interview.

We do have one so called red flag.

My Ex-husband came to states via me on CR1 visa. He was still on his two year conditional green card when we got divorced. I met my fiance October 2014. Me and my ex-husband weren't together anymore at this time but legally we were married. We filed for divorce in Feb 2015 and with California law of 6 months, our divorce was finalized in August 2015. A month later in September 2015, I got engaged to my fiance. I took 3 months off from work to spend time in India with him. It was the best time of my life. I came back end of November and he went back to Australia. After getting all the documents together, we sent our petition in December 2015 (Front loaded, with dated photos, airline tickets, letter of affidavit, phone calling records, skype, whatsapp, fb, engagement ceremony pics and invitation). Now just waiting and praying that things go quickly and we can soon be together. (L)

What is the "so call red flag"? I don't see one in your post. Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

What is the "so call red flag"? I don't see one in your post.

The timing of getting engaged one month after the divorce, and my ex-husband was sponsored from India on spousal visa. I have seen post stating short timing could be seen as red flag.

Sukran, on 04 Jan 2016 - 4:15 PM, said:

The timing of getting engaged one month after the divorce, and my ex-husband was sponsored from India on spousal visa. I have seen post stating short timing could be seen as red flag.

I wouldn't worry about it. If asked (and only if asked) explain what took place. Yours is easy to explain away.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My case said it was approved on December 30th 2015 , does that mean my noa2???

Yess, Congrats!!!

11/12/2015 - Sent petition
16/12/2015 - USCIS received petition
18/12/2015 - NOA1 date According to NOA1 hardcopy
21/12/2015 - Received NOA1 email and text
27/12/2015 - Received NOA1 hardcopy
28/01/2016 - NOA2
10/02/2016 - Got NVC case number

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hope yours comes soon!

YAY!!! Congrats

So excited for you and happy for all of us (getting closer) (L)

Finally Together :)I am the Beneficiary

K-1 Visa Journey

December 9th, 2015: I-129F Sent

December 14th, 2015: NOA1 - Hard Copy

January 19th, 2016: NOA2 - Hard Copy

February 2nd, 2016: NVC Received

​February 22nd, 2016: Consulate Received

​March 28th, 2016: Interview Date

April 1st, 2016: Visa Received

​May 16th, 2016: US Entry ---> Houston, TX

May 21st, 2016: Marriage ---> Lexington, MA

AOS Journey

June 10th, 2016: Mailed Package (AOS & EAD & AP via USPS Priority Mail)

​June 14h, 2016: Received delivery notification from UPS

​June 24th, 2016: Check was cashed

​June 27th, 2016: NOA-1 - E-Notification (email & text message) for AOS & AP

​July 1st, 2016: NOA-1 Hard Copy for AOS & AP

​July 7th, 2016: Rejected EAD for missing sign

​July 11th, 2016: Sent EAD application again

July 12th, 2016: Biometrics Invitation

​July 18th, 2016: NOA-1 Hard Copy for EAD

​July 20th, 2016: Biometrics Appointment Done :)

Did you file income tax in 2014? If so, look at line 22 of your 1040 and that is the number they will use.

If that does not meet the poverty levels because of reporting, then do you have W2 or an employee letter that states your income level. If you do, and it meets or exceeds the poverty level then you do not need a co-sponsor.

We just need to show them that your able to support your family on what you earn. The reason we are going through this exercise is that some Embassy's will decline 99% of the co-sponsor's. Some do. I am not family with the Embassy at DR so I can't comment for sure. It's better if you can stand on your own.

Okay, I have in front of me my 1040 from 2014. Line 22 says $34, 281. I also got laid off from my full time job in October that year, and received some unemployment. Does unemployment, new jobs, different wages... do any of those new factors matter? Or are they simply going to just base my information solely off of what my total income for 2014 was ?

I also received my hard copy NOA1 in the mail today, yay!

getmoneymegan, on 04 Jan 2016 - 7:45 PM, said:getmoneymegan, on 04 Jan 2016 - 7:45 PM, said:

Okay, I have in front of me my 1040 from 2014. Line 22 says $34, 281. I also got laid off from my full time job in October that year, and received some unemployment. Does unemployment, new jobs, different wages... do any of those new factors matter? Or are they simply going to just base my information solely off of what my total income for 2014 was ?

I also received my hard copy NOA1 in the mail today, yay!

They will use the 1040 as history to your earning potential and your current earnings in the decision. Unemployment does not count as well as the other items you mentioned. They are concerned for the "here and now". Does your current employment support the two of you based on the poverty level? if so, can you get an employment letter from your current employer(s) with the facts? If yes then you then no need for a co-sponsor.

Keep in mind that the poverty level can change for 2016 but it's not going to be drastic. The most current one will be used at the time of your interview, so you will have to revisit if needed to determine if your ok or not.

Hope this is helping.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

They will use the 1040 as history to your earning potential and your current earnings in the decision. Unemployment does not count as well as the other items you mentioned. They are concerned for the "here and now". Does your current employment support the two of you based on the poverty level? if so, can you get an employment letter from your current employer(s) with the facts? If yes then you then no need for a co-sponsor.

Keep in mind that the poverty level can change for 2016 but it's not going to be drastic. The most current one will be used at the time of your interview, so you will have to revisit if needed to determine if your ok or not.

Hope this is helping.

you are very helpful, I think I should be borderline poverty level sadly for 2015 (finishing unemployment, and finding a new passion), but in the previous 3 years I am above 30,000. I will be above poverty this year if it kills me. Thank you for all of your advice, you have been extremely helpful and I am grateful for you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.