lolo2358

Anyone filed in Los Angeles recently?

9 posts in this topic

Hi!

I've recently sent my application to the Los Angeles service center. It was received by them on Feb 13th and the check was cashed in on Feb 25th. I am yet to receive the NOA. I'm wondering if I'm gonna get my biometric appointment/GC on time before i travel. My green card expires on April 21 and I'm traveling abroad on April 16th.. :wacko:

Has anyone recently filed in Southern California? Thanks for sharing your experience!

Laurence and Charlie

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi!

I've recently sent my application to the Los Angeles service center. It was received by them on Feb 13th and the check was cashed in on Feb 25th. I am yet to receive the NOA. I'm wondering if I'm gonna get my biometric appointment/GC on time before i travel. My green card expires on April 21 and I'm traveling abroad on April 16th.. :wacko:

Has anyone recently filed in Southern California? Thanks for sharing your experience!

You should be getting your NOA this week or next week. My wife's NOA came in three weeks. If in doubt, call USCIS.

The bio appt letter will be sent a week after your NOA. I think your bio appt would be before April 16th.

Edited by alohaspirit

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I filed in LA recently too....

I sent my package out on Feb 3rd and they received the package and cashed the checks on Feb 7th....

I got my NOA on Feb 27th and Biometrics appointment letter came on Feb 28th... My BIO appointment is on March 13th...

I think you should get your NOA and Bio appointment before you leave... If for any reason you can't make the BIO appointment you do have the option of rescheduling it...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

CSC is pretty fast. Check our time line below. Good luck.

12/18/2006 Sent I-751 to CSC with $275 enclosed

12/23/2006 CIS returned the app with note that fee was only $205

12/26/2006 Sent I-751 again with $205 enclosed

01/10/2007 NOA with 1 year extension

01/11/2007 Received notice of biometric appointment

01/23/2007 Biometrics taken

02/24/2007 Email from CIS that card production has been ordered

03/01/2007 Green Card arrived in the mail.

Bob & Mon

Bob & Mon

I am confused. Looking at the CSC processing time information page it says they are only processing 751 forms received back in august. anyone know why that says one thing but people are seeing it faster (which is not a bad thing)

CSC is pretty fast. Check our time line below. Good luck.

12/18/2006 Sent I-751 to CSC with $275 enclosed

12/23/2006 CIS returned the app with note that fee was only $205

12/26/2006 Sent I-751 again with $205 enclosed

01/10/2007 NOA with 1 year extension

01/11/2007 Received notice of biometric appointment

01/23/2007 Biometrics taken

02/24/2007 Email from CIS that card production has been ordered

03/01/2007 Green Card arrived in the mail.

Bob & Mon

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The CSC seems to be pretty quick when it comes to the I-751.... :thumbs:

looks like it takes about 3 or 4 months from start to finish....

thanks for your input guys!!

I actually got the NOA today :dance:

Hopefully I will be able to have the biometrics in the next week weeks.

i got mine the next day so you probably will get it any day now....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

The CSC seems to be pretty quick when it comes to the I-751.... :thumbs:

looks like it takes about 3 or 4 months from start to finish....

thanks for your input guys!!

I actually got the NOA today :dance:

Hopefully I will be able to have the biometrics in the next week weeks.

i got mine the next day so you probably will get it any day now....

You were right! just got my Bio letter today.. so relieved! Appointment on 23rd of March. :dance:

Laurence and Charlie

• 3 weeks later...

An update on my Biometrics appointment.

I had my appointment in LA yesterday. I got there at 2pm and was out by 3pm. Nice and friendly staff.

Hopefully the GC will be in the mail soon! :)

Good luck to everyone filing!

Laurence and Charlie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.