LuzyC

QUIZ: Which U.S. City Is Right For You?

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

BURLINGTON, VERMONT

For a life focused on home and quality of life with a breathtaking backdrop, you should live here: Burlington, Vermont. Burlington is an ideal big-city alternative. Atop a hill overlooking Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains, Burlington's classic New England charm has attracted a collegiate energy, thriving art culture, coffee houses and world-class food. Small businesses have become big businesses for some of its entrepreneurs. The town maintains its educational traditional with four college campuses and a sophisticated, old university feel. Burlington's year-round outdoor recreation is one reason why the city has been named one of the healthiest cities in the country. The town's vitality and standard of living earn it the recognition of being family friendly.

Hmmm....never been, might be worth checking this out. :)

Edited by KarenCee

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Lawrence, Kansas

Because you require a high standard of living with unexpected luxuries, you should live here: Lawrence, Kansas. Lawrence is truly a college town with a vitality and diversity uniquely its own. From outdoor sculpture exhibits on downtown street corners to engaging performances, you'll find new opportunities to immerse yourself in the arts. Take a look around and find out why Lawrence has been named the most culturally rich American city under 100,000 people. More than 50 local parks and Clinton Lake state park provide fun outings for the whole family. Boaters, golfers, hikers, birdwatchers - even frisbee golfers - have access to an infinite amount of recreational opportunities.

Well I'll be damned since I am moving to Dodge City, hope they have the construction on Wyatt Earp done soon.

How many of you have chosen the State if not the city itself that they are in or going to.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
Because you require a high standard of living with unexpected luxuries, you should live here: Lawrence, Kansas. Lawrence is truly a college town with a vitality and diversity uniquely its own. From outdoor sculpture exhibits on downtown street corners to engaging performances, you'll find new opportunities to immerse yourself in the arts. Take a look around and find out why Lawrence has been named the most culturally rich American city under 100,000 people. More than 50 local parks and Clinton Lake state park provide fun outings for the whole family. Boaters, golfers, hikers, birdwatchers - even frisbee golfers - have access to an infinite amount of recreational opportunities.

I never heard of this place and I finally moved to Philadelphia last night.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-18

NVC Received : 2006-10-20

NVC Left : 2006-10-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2006-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-02

Packet 4 Received : 2006-12-07

Interview Date : 2007-01-31

Visa Received : 2007-02-03

US Entry : 2007-03-06

Marriage : 2007-03-30

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
Oh. Dear. God.

Lawrence, Kansas

Because you require a high standard of living with unexpected luxuries, you should live here: Lawrence, Kansas. Lawrence is truly a college town with a vitality and diversity uniquely its own. From outdoor sculpture exhibits on downtown street corners to engaging performances, you'll find new opportunities to immerse yourself in the arts. Take a look around and find out why Lawrence has been named the most culturally rich American city under 100,000 people. More than 50 local parks and Clinton Lake state park provide fun outings for the whole family. Boaters, golfers, hikers, birdwatchers - even frisbee golfers - have access to an infinite amount of recreational opportunities

rotfl.gif

eta: and you get 3 free tornados a year :thumbs:

Oh, joy!

Isn't Kansas as flat as a pancake? The one thing I can't live without are mountains in the vicinity. At the very least, a hill or two!

the western part is flat, in the eastern part we have hills.

refer to the pic below of my backyard. it has hills in the background.

backyard30nov04.jpg

Those are not what I would call hills and I got Kansas too. Well I don't think I'll pack my bags again just yet. I'm used to the Scottish mountains.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-18

NVC Received : 2006-10-20

NVC Left : 2006-10-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2006-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-02

Packet 4 Received : 2006-12-07

Interview Date : 2007-01-31

Visa Received : 2007-02-03

US Entry : 2007-03-06

Marriage : 2007-03-30

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Austin, Texas

Because you value work life and after-hours entertainment, you should live here: Austin, Texas. Austin has been named one of the "Best Places for Business and Career," with residents including professors, politicians, musicians and those who work for major technology corporations. But Austin is about work and play. The city has more live music venues per capita than any other city, earning it the slogan "The Live Music Capital of the World." According to studies at University of Texas, Sixth Street is the place to find nighttime amusements for graduates of all ages with hopping bars and rocking bands. The city's work/life balance and warm climate makes Austin a great place to raise a family. The Colorado River runs through Austin, giving reprieve to hot summers. The surrounding hill country is a great place to play during the mild winters.

Oh. Dear. God.

Lawrence, Kansas

Because you require a high standard of living with unexpected luxuries, you should live here: Lawrence, Kansas. Lawrence is truly a college town with a vitality and diversity uniquely its own. From outdoor sculpture exhibits on downtown street corners to engaging performances, you'll find new opportunities to immerse yourself in the arts. Take a look around and find out why Lawrence has been named the most culturally rich American city under 100,000 people. More than 50 local parks and Clinton Lake state park provide fun outings for the whole family. Boaters, golfers, hikers, birdwatchers - even frisbee golfers - have access to an infinite amount of recreational opportunities

The only people I know who know lawrence Kansas came as immigrant Ph.D students. It's suppose to be a wonderful diverse place. How it got in the middle of kansas is a different question. :lol:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Those are not what I would call hills and I got Kansas too. Well I don't think I'll pack my bags again just yet. I'm used to the Scottish mountains.

lol scottish mountains are a bit higher. :thumbs:

The only people I know who know lawrence Kansas came as immigrant Ph.D students. It's suppose to be a wonderful diverse place. How it got in the middle of kansas is a different question. :lol:

hardly in the middle of kansas.........it's on the eastern side.

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
BURLINGTON, VERMONT

For a life focused on home and quality of life with a breathtaking backdrop, you should live here: Burlington, Vermont. Burlington is an ideal big-city alternative. Atop a hill overlooking Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains, Burlington's classic New England charm has attracted a collegiate energy, thriving art culture, coffee houses and world-class food. Small businesses have become big businesses for some of its entrepreneurs. The town maintains its educational traditional with four college campuses and a sophisticated, old university feel. Burlington's year-round outdoor recreation is one reason why the city has been named one of the healthiest cities in the country. The town's vitality and standard of living earn it the recognition of being family friendly.

Hmmm....never been, might be worth checking this out. :)

That was what *I* was hoping to get! My Mom lives in Waterbury, VT, about a half hour from Burlington and Derek and I think it's a great town. I hestitate to call it a city because it's fairly small, but it certainly has a great atmosphere and does seem bigger than it really is. Better yet, the Ben and Jerry's Factory is a short drive away. Mmmm, factory tour. (It's actually in Waterbury which makes visits to my Mom that much better. :lol:) Also good is that Burlington is only about 2 hours from Montreal where Derek's family are. Hopefully we will end up there eventually.

Those are not what I would call hills and I got Kansas too.

Yeah, I am afraid I wouldn't call those hills either, although I do love the snow! 'Fraid Kansas is also lacking an ocean, and since I was born on an island, I don't think I could be too far from water. Burlington at least has Lake Champlain - and Champ, the monster! :lol:

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

run along and stop being so literal.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

only when you're a bit more factual ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Lawrence, Kansas here as well. :blink:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

New york city

With your passion for nightlife, theater and a city lifestyle, you should live here: New York City. Considered the cultural capital of the United States, New York City is home to a wide variety of languages, food, museums, art galleries and performance venues. It's also an international center for business, finance and fashion. Famous for its sights and architecture, it's one of the most visited cities in the world. Almost eight million people call NYC home; as a result, real estate is pricey, so most people opt to rent. With diverse neighborhoods and an efficient public transportation system, everything in this electrifying city is within reach.

which doesnt suprise me since i was born and raised in chicago, which is similair to new york

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

With your desire to socialize in a warm-weather cosmopolitan city, you should live here: Miami, Florida. The vibrant colors and sexy energy of Miami are found in everything from the natural environment, architecture, people and food. Miami is considered a world city influenced by its cultural and linguistic ties to Latin Americans and Caribbean islanders. Hot days turn into hot nights with the tropical club and music scene. The beaches, subtropical climate and large single population make for plenty of fitness and outdoor activities in this vibrant city. Miami is also home to seven universities and a national park.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

only when you're a bit more factual ;)

Leave me alone. Don't you think calling me a bi$ch in the otehr thread was enough?

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting