1,321 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

No, nothing from Knightsbridge. They aren't going to give you a refund. They are going to tell you they did what they were told. The issue isn't exactly that the Knightsbridge doctor did anything negligent in your whole medical. Now, I know that's what the RFE says... but the wording on the form is standard issue, and seems to rely on the officer reviewing your AOS to actually know the different between the full I-693 and the I-693 supplement rules regarding the vaccination portion for K1s. People are even getting these RFEs for when, for whatever reason, the medical is lost out of your file.

Now, Knightsbridge admittedly did not do some of the older DS3025s correctly regarding the tick box (they still aren't checking the box on the new form, but are giving a second sheet which you can call/email and request). You, me, and Chas did not have the box ticked. Many others also had the box not ticked and got a pass fine, and some did not. In this case it may be because the officer is either clueless to the rules, or they are, for whatever reason unwilling to use their best judgment for fear of getting in trouble.

In Chas' case they stated something similar to your RFE I believe, but he discovered the real reason for the RFE was actually because of the box not being ticked - and even though K1s do not require a new medical, they wanted one anyway and the USCIS will never admit their wrongness. Once you have the RFE worded that way, you have to comply. In my case, I believe that the officer may have known about the K1 rules, but would not give us a pass on the tickbox.. so in that case, our RFE was unusually worded for the vaccination supplement only.

Could it be that the Knightsbridge doctor really didn't fill out the whole medical correctly? I guess.. but if that's the case you wouldn't have received a K1. A K1 doesn't need shots to get the visa remember, so the box not being ticked at that stage doesn't matter too much. The K1 needs the shots for the AOS... and that's where Knightsbridge screwed people.

Could it be that the USCIS has lost your entire medical or did they lose your DS3025 portion and refused to go looking around for it? Also possible. Our civil surgeon seemed to feel this, and she's seen these RFEs hundreds of times in her career.

Because you have an RFE with this wording, it would be prudent to investigate with an Infopass or work with your congressperson/senator to determine what they actually want. Knightsbridge will be a lost cause. Otherwise, it probably doesn't matter.. you're going to have to comply with the RFE. Sounds like you're going to get a waiver, so once you send it in, your GC should be on the way within weeks. We complied and responded with highlighted I-693 instructions and a strongly worded letter.

It's true what you said regarding the medical actually being filled out incorrectly and me not having been given the K1 to begin with. You are probably right there that it is either that they've lost my ds0325 or that the officer reviewing the case is clueless or that the non-ticked box is causing the issue. Mine only worries me because unlike Chas, it says my medical overseas was issued incorrectly and asks me to submit a NEW UPDATED i-693, that wording slightly differs from Chas' RFE.

Even if I was to get second page from Knightsbridge I don't think it would be much use because it seems they want the medical completely re-done.

I have made an info pass appointment at my local USCIS for Thursday next week so let's see what they are able to tell me!

I think it's very possible they have lost it because they have also asked me to submit form G325A (which I submitted with the i-485) so this has definitely been lost. They also asked for evidence of the bona fides of the marriage and this RFE came from California (I'm in Florida) so I think my interview will probably indeed be waived (some good news at least).

Very, very disappointed with USCIS at the moment.

---------------------

POE - 02/01/2016

Marriage - 02/29/2016

AOS Sent - 03/11/2016

NOA 1 - 03/14/2016

Biometrics - 04/15/2016

EAD Approved - 05/23/2016

EAD Received - 05/27/2016

Applied SSN - 06/17/2016

SSN Received - 07/09/2016

i-845 GC RFE - 07/14/2016 (4 months after submission)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Case approved and Card already mailed! Thank you so much, the interview was very easy, long time relationship and we are having a baby soon! Bye bye

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

monkiwiland, on 14 Jul 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:snapback.png

Looks like USCIS just did their monthly processing times update! Question on that...is that the date that they are processing applications UP TO during the current batch? Or the beginning date for the current batch? (San Diego says November 2nd and our date is November 5th so i'm quite antsy at the moment!)

mdcatelli

I don't have an answer for you, but as a fellow San Diegan I am interested in this as well! A month and a half behind you in processing and getting quite impatient about it.

I have an answer guys. So technically speaking, what the update says is that as of May 31, 2016 they were processing November 2nd, 2015. Which means that they should technically be processing January right now. They are not. BUT - what this also means is that if your processing date is AFTER November 2nd, you cannot make any kind of inquiry at all. If you call USCIS they will tell you they have no further information to give and will do absolutely nothing to help you.
So monkiwiland - you and I will have to wait another month until we can put an inquiry in. Once they update their page again in August, and if it's past November 5th, then we can make a formal inquiry.
I am the same November 5th processing date as you btw. I'll be sure to let you know if I hear anything before august - but I HIGHLY doubt it.

Case approved and Card already mailed! Thank you so much, the interview was very easy, long time relationship and we are having a baby soon! Bye bye

Congrats!

11/24/2015 - Mailed I-130, I-485, and I-765
11/26/2015 - Delivered

11/27/2015 - AOS Package accepted and routed to National Benefits Center
12/03/2015 - eNotices received

12/04/2015 - checks cashed

12/07/2015 - got NOAs in the mail

12/18/2015 - got biometrics appointment in the mail

12/29/2015 - biometrics done

02/09/2016 - EAD approved

02/17/2016 - got EAD in the mail

05/31/2016 - got a text and an email notification that the interview was scheduled for June 30.

06/30/2016 - interview; green card approved; case status moved to "new card is being produced"

07/07/2016 - got the green card in the mail

03/31/2018 - mailed I-751 to California Service Center

04/02/2018 - package delivered

04/09/2018 - check cashed and got NOA in the mail

05/11/2018 - got a letter saying that USCIS is going to use my old biometrics

08/16/2018 - got 18 month extension letter

03/04/2019 - case transferred to Nebraska Service Center

04/29/2019 - new card being produced notification

05/04/2019 - got 10-year green card in the mail

10/02/2019 - submitted N400 online

10/05/2019 - got biometrics notification

10/25/2019 - biometrics done

12/12/2019 - got interview letter in the mail; interview scheduled for January 16

01/16/2020 - interview; application approved

01/29/2020 - got oath ceremony notification 

03/18/2020 - oath ceremony descheduled due to COVID-19 closures

06/11/2020 - oath ceremony! Got my citizenship!

It's true what you said regarding the medical actually being filled out incorrectly and me not having been given the K1 to begin with. You are probably right there that it is either that they've lost my ds0325 or that the officer reviewing the case is clueless or that the non-ticked box is causing the issue. Mine only worries me because unlike Chas, it says my medical overseas was issued incorrectly and asks me to submit a NEW UPDATED i-693, that wording slightly differs from Chas' RFE.

Even if I was to get second page from Knightsbridge I don't think it would be much use because it seems they want the medical completely re-done.

I have made an info pass appointment at my local USCIS for Thursday next week so let's see what they are able to tell me!

I think it's very possible they have lost it because they have also asked me to submit form G325A (which I submitted with the i-485) so this has definitely been lost. They also asked for evidence of the bona fides of the marriage and this RFE came from California (I'm in Florida) so I think my interview will probably indeed be waived (some good news at least).

Very, very disappointed with USCIS at the moment.

Something is going on with some USCIS offices and the K1 medicals, my suspicion is that many officers do not understand their own rules. You cannot be issued a K1 visa UNLESS you have a valid medical. And as long as it, and the AOS, is filed within one year of that medical, K1's DO NOT need to have another medical done. This is in the USCIS' own words and documentation. The vaccination worksheet is another matter entirely, and that stupid blanket waiver check box that many Visa doctors refused to tick for K1's has come back to haunt many of us. London's doctors (Knightsbridge) are now issuing a second sheet with the DS-3025 that states K1's DO meet immigration requirements. That's too late for us who have already filed for AOS though.

Latest update on my case, is that I had the full medical redone (even though they should have only asked for the vaccination worksheet), and it was submitted to USCIS with the RFE. I waited two weeks after USPS confirmed it was delivered and signed for, and had no updates. After three weeks with no updates or acknowledgements that they'd even received it, my congressman's office contacted USCIS to get an update. This was the response from USCIS:

"Thank you for your inquiry on **/**/2016 on behalf of your constituent, *** *****, concerning his I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

We have received ******* response to our request for evidence. The way Newark is working on the interview waiver cases is they first go through a review process. This is where someone checks to make sure all the documents are in the file and requests any necessary documents. Then once all documents are current, the files are sent to await assignment to an Adjudications Officer. That is currently where *******'s case is.

Once the case is assigned to an officer, it will be reviewed for the final time and ******** will be notified of any actions or decisions by mail. Our records show ******** has a valid work authorization and valid travel document until 01/**/2017. He may continue to work and travel while his I-485 application is pending. In the unlikely event his I-485 is still pending on 10/**/2017 ******** should submit new forms to renew his work and travel authorization. This can be done free of charge.

Please have ******** continue to keep his address accurate with us. We appreciate his continued patience."

Sounds like the usual bluffing from the USCIS. The RFE stated that they only needed the medical to make a final decision. The response above suggests that they haven't even assigned my case to an officer yet. I've been issued 2 x RFE's since last November, responded to both, yet my online status remains unchanged since November 27th 2015. Neither RFE has been acknowledged received online, or in any official documentation.

Nothing more I can do other than sit and wait now, and hope someone at USCIS gets their finger out of their butt and actually work on my case and make a decision. I have so little faith in USCIS, and will be making a very formal complaint to the USCIS Ombudsman when this is over, especially as it appears the USCIS have not followed their own rules with regards to requesting full medicals/ I-693's for K1's.

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Oh Chas, I am so sorry. This is outrageous! :ranting:

I was hoping that everything was all approved for you by now. :(

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congrats! Colombian here too. We just got our interview today, approved on the spot. they did not even look at anything we brought, just the passports and a few questions, he said I see your marriage is real and congrats.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All,

Las Vegas filer here.

I filed my AOS (from a K1) and EAD on 5th November, had my biometrics done in Las Vegas on 25th November and got my EAD approved 19th January.

I am starting to get a little worried about my AOS (especially after reading some of the posts in this topic about problems with Knightsbridge :( )

My current status on the USCIS website for my AOS hasn't changed since the 5th November (which says they have accepted my fingerprint fee)

According to the website that lists the processing times, Las Vegas is already working on ones from 21st November, but my when I call the USCIS number, it says my application is still in Lee Summit, Missouri (also known as the National Benefits Center).

I opened a service request on June 16th, which is still not assigned to anyone and when I ring and speak to USCIS, all they offered was to open another service request, but they warned that this would put me to the back of the queue so I decided to keep with the original.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Does anyone has any suggestions?

Hi All,

Las Vegas filer here.

I filed my AOS (from a K1) and EAD on 5th November, had my biometrics done in Las Vegas on 25th November and got my EAD approved 19th January.

I am starting to get a little worried about my AOS (especially after reading some of the posts in this topic about problems with Knightsbridge :( )

My current status on the USCIS website for my AOS hasn't changed since the 5th November (which says they have accepted my fingerprint fee)

According to the website that lists the processing times, Las Vegas is already working on ones from 21st November, but my when I call the USCIS number, it says my application is still in Lee Summit, Missouri (also known as the National Benefits Center).

I opened a service request on June 16th, which is still not assigned to anyone and when I ring and speak to USCIS, all they offered was to open another service request, but they warned that this would put me to the back of the queue so I decided to keep with the original.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Does anyone has any suggestions?

My thoughts is that you could likely have a waiver, your case could actually be at some other office other than the NBC or where you live. I would get your congressperson involved to track it down. You seem to be in that 'sweet spot' of Nov-Dec cases that seemed to get shuffled somewhere to limbo-land. Besides that, how was your DS3025 from Knightsbridge filled out.. just curious? Tickbox or no tickbox? Just wondering if there is any set pattern here..

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My thoughts is that you could likely have a waiver, your case could actually be at some other office other than the NBC or where you live. I would get your congressperson involved to track it down. You seem to be in that 'sweet spot' of Nov-Dec cases that seemed to get shuffled somewhere to limbo-land. Besides that, how was your DS3025 from Knightsbridge filled out.. just curious? Tickbox or no tickbox? Just wondering if there is any set pattern here..

If it is a waiver, I'm happy to wait a little while longer for them to process it, just wish they could tell me that!

I'll double check when I get home about the tickbox.

I can say that I was missing a couple of boosters from my vaccinations, so I went to my local doctor, got them for free, got all my medical records printed out (not for free!) and then went to see a Civil Surgeon over here who completed the paperwork that I sent to USCIS (I'll check that again when I get home).

Thanks for the advice about congressperson. I'll see about getting in touch with them.

If it is a waiver, I'm happy to wait a little while longer for them to process it, just wish they could tell me that!

I'll double check when I get home about the tickbox.

I can say that I was missing a couple of boosters from my vaccinations, so I went to my local doctor, got them for free, got all my medical records printed out (not for free!) and then went to see a Civil Surgeon over here who completed the paperwork that I sent to USCIS (I'll check that again when I get home).

Thanks for the advice about congressperson. I'll see about getting in touch with them.

Ah, if you had it all redone by a US civil surgeon, then the DS3025 shouldn't be an issue, as you would have sent them the I-693 vaccine sheet.

Does anyone know if there is a template for contacting your congressperson?

Typically they will have a form on their website or you may be able to call them. You may also have to sign or fax in a release form. For instance you might also have luck with a senator as well.

Oh Chas, I am so sorry. This is outrageous! :ranting:

I was hoping that everything was all approved for you by now. :(

Thanks Yuna, I agree. They give me just three weeks to get a medical sorted and sent to them, then they continue to drag their heels once they got it (they've had it almost 4 weeks now). And they still haven't updated my online case status.

I was hoping it would be a matter of days after they received the RFE that they would make a decision. Obviously not...

I've just got to sit tight and continue waiting :clock:

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

The lack of consistency from different field offices when applying rules and regulations to K1's is what I believe is bad. I also feel that half the problem is that USCIS officers are not familiar with their own procedures for K1's.

K1 visas are not issued by the US Embassies UNLESS a valid medical has been performed by the authorised Embassy doctors, and that medical meets all requirements. Also, I cannot see how the medical can be 'lost', which is a serious breach of data protection laws - think how much private and confidential information is contained within that form.

Therefore I believe that the issue is not the medical being lost, it's more that the USCIS field offices are not familiar with their own rules when it comes to K1 visas applying for permanent residency.

Personally I'd get your local congressman involved. At the very least, you'll get some answers as to where your case is at as they have to answer to congressman enquiries. Don't even bother with the USCIS help line, they are utterly useless. I tried them for three months, they either "did not have access to that kind of information" or gave me incorrect information. When I called for about the 5th time and they couldn't confirm where my case actually was, that's when I got my congressman involved. At least through them my case was located and some information of its current status was acquired.

Good luck!

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

The lack of consistency from different field offices when applying rules and regulations to K1's is what I believe is bad. I also feel that half the problem is that USCIS officers are not familiar with their own procedures for K1's.

K1 visas are not issued by the US Embassies UNLESS a valid medical has been performed by the authorised Embassy doctors, and that medical meets all requirements. Also, I cannot see how the medical can be 'lost', which is a serious breach of data protection laws - think how much private and confidential information is contained within that form.

Therefore I believe that the issue is not the medical being lost, it's more that the USCIS field offices are not familiar with their own rules when it comes to K1 visas applying for permanent residency.

Personally I'd get your local congressman involved. At the very least, you'll get some answers as to where your case is at as they have to answer to congressman enquiries. Don't even bother with the USCIS help line, they are utterly useless. I tried them for three months, they either "did not have access to that kind of information" or gave me incorrect information. When I called for about the 5th time and they couldn't confirm where my case actually was, that's when I got my congressman involved. At least through them my case was located and some information of its current status was acquired.

Good luck!

Thanks Chas, I think I will contact the local congressman. The reason why I was pending towards lost is because they have also asked me to submit form G325A which I definitely 100% sent with the AOS so I know that at least that form has definitely been lost or left behind during the service centre transfers. I just went to have my second medical today so I'll be sending the RFE back soon! But given your situation I am not holding onto the hope of a quick approval.

I have given up on their customer helpline because they just read from a script rather than genuinely try to answer your questions. Can't wait to not have to deal with them anymore!

---------------------

POE - 02/01/2016

Marriage - 02/29/2016

AOS Sent - 03/11/2016

NOA 1 - 03/14/2016

Biometrics - 04/15/2016

EAD Approved - 05/23/2016

EAD Received - 05/27/2016

Applied SSN - 06/17/2016

SSN Received - 07/09/2016

i-845 GC RFE - 07/14/2016 (4 months after submission)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.