1,321 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is anyone still waiting for their I485 approval? Especially in southern california?

Also- has anyone had a situation, whereby they initially had the notice change to 'waiting to schedule an interview' to direct approval without the interview process?

I'm in San Diego and have had no news since my biometrics on December 9th. Getting a bit frustrated and feeling forgotten by the system.

I am also waiting. The current status on my I485 is case ready to be schedule for interview since Jan 20. My NOA is Nov 24, 2015. Since I received my EAD in March, no news. So let's hang in there! According to their normal processing times, the interview should happen sometime in May. Let's see!

Timeline

Where are you located minnie?
Are you checking your local office's processing time? Because according to local office in San Diego, I should have had mine scheduled already...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello guys...is anyone in texas still waiting for i485 approval? I am stuck at biometrics.

Hey clemesse I'm still waiting too in Dallas, Texas since Nov 2015, apparently its going to take a while...maybe 12-13 months so the idea is just forget about it and focus on moving on, hope you've got your EAD/AP combo card so you can work etc..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey clemesse I'm still waiting too in Dallas, Texas since Nov 2015, apparently its going to take a while...maybe 12-13 months so the idea is just forget about it and focus on moving on, hope you've got your EAD/AP combo card so you can work etc..

yeah, I have my EAD already, I didn't file for AP, I didn't know i485 would take such a long time. Texas is just too slow .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Waiting since biometrics on December 21, 2015! However on April 1 we received a RFE that we recently replied to. So while its annoying that we received a RFE, it gives me hope that they are currently working through our application.

Sending strength to everyone still waiting!!!

Naturalization Timeline
02/08/2022 - N-400 submitted online

02/09/2022 - status update (your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS)

02/09/2022 - letter received in online inbox - biometrics being reused, no appointment required

08/01/2022 - interview notice received

09/20/2022 - interview scheduled

APPROVED!

09/21/2022 - Oath Ceremony

09/21/2022 - Applied for passport book & card and registered to vote

10/29/2022 - received passport book (not expedited)

11/03/2022 - received passport card

Where are you located minnie?

Are you checking your local office's processing time? Because according to local office in San Diego, I should have had mine scheduled already...

Miami. Now they are processing the filings from Sept, 2015 so I still have a long way. But I already have my EAD/AP so, for now, I will just wait.

Timeline

It has been officially over 5 months since we submitted our AOS packet. We received a RFE for an I-693 which we replied to. For the past week I have been trying to submit a case inquiry since we have been waiting so long. It keeps telling me that we are within normal processing times. Our local office is Tampa, but we had to send our RFE reply to Los Angeles. So we are thinking we were transferred, but we were never notified of the transfer. So I don't know which local office processing time to follow.

Has anyone from November 2015 been able to successfully submit a case inquiry?

Thanks!

Naturalization Timeline

02/09/2022 - letter received in online inbox - biometrics being reused, no appointment required

APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

It has been officially over 5 months since we submitted our AOS packet. We received a RFE for an I-693 which we replied to. For the past week I have been trying to submit a case inquiry since we have been waiting so long. It keeps telling me that we are within normal processing times. Our local office is Tampa, but we had to send our RFE reply to Los Angeles. So we are thinking we were transferred, but we were never notified of the transfer. So I don't know which local office processing time to follow.

Thanks!

When I did case inquiry, it ends up with the reply "case is within normal processing time". On 4/4, i got IV conformation for MidMay. it took 6 months to get update on my case (No RFE). My i485 receipt date is Nov-3, I believe you will see some movement in your file soon.

F2A - AOS Journey

10/24/2015 - AOS Sent via USPS EMS

10/27/2015 - i485, i131 & i765 Case Accepted

11/03/2015 - (Receipt # received in eMail - SMS for all three)

11/23/2015 - Biometric Done

01/14/2016 - EAD/AP approved, New Card Produced...

01/22/2016 - EAD/AP Card Received

04/04/2016 - Case updated for Interview, Interview in MidMay @ Tampa,FL

05/13/2016 - Interview (Approved, IO told about receiving paperwork in a week)

06/06/2016 - Service Request for Case taking longer time (As no update on case after 3 weeks of Interview)

07/07/2016 - Service Request open & respond

07/09/2016 - Card was delivered to me by the post office, Physical card (10 years) & Welcome Letter received - (No update as email, but case status updated on USCIS web)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks!

submitted the service request using filed date of October 01 2015, and it will go through

Yes, I submitted a Case Inquiry on March 9th and got a response back on March 25th stating "case is within normal processing times".

My case is being dealt with by Tampa same as yours (unless yours has indeed been transferred to California), and the USCIS website states that the Tampa office's most recently processed I-485 was filed September 16th. Hard to know if that's true or not, because if you look at the VJ timelines for Tampa, someone who filed for AOS from a K1 on February 10th has already got LPR approval, as have a number of others after September 16th.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslist.php?cfl=0&op1=2&op2=d&op3=&op4=1&op5=5,6,8,9,10,11&op6=&op8=Tampa%20FL&xfr=&vtype=0&interview=

Very frustrating seeing people who filed months after some of us did (and others who filed even earlier) get their green cards, while we are kept waiting and in the dark as to what is happening. My case status still remains unchanged as of November 27th, and they still haven't updated it to even acknowledge receipt of the RFE that was confirmed delivered to them nearly 4 months ago.

How hard is it just to keep people informed and updated USCIS? The waiting and not knowing what, if anything, is going on is the hardest thing of all to deal with :clock:

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

This is how my USCIS account currently stands:

Case History

• 03/2*/2016
    sign_icon.png

On March 2*, 2016, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR*************, was completed.

• 03/2*/2016
    sign_icon.png

On March 2*, 2016, we sent a response to your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR**************.

• 03/2*/2016
    sign_icon.png

On March 2*, 2016, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR1***********, was assigned to an officer for response.

• 11/05/2015
    sign_icon.png

We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.

Then on the other side of the screen to the above it states this:

Next Steps

• logo_icon.jpg
  • We will review your response to our request and mail you our decision.

No idea if the "Next Steps" is acknowledging that they have actually received the RFE, of if they mean they will review the response when they get it. As mentioned above, USCIS still haven't acknowledged receipt of the RFE after all this time.

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Timeline

Is anyone still waiting for their I485 approval? Especially in southern california?

Also- has anyone had a situation, whereby they initially had the notice change to 'waiting to schedule an interview' to direct approval without the interview process?

I'm in San Diego and have had no news since my biometrics on December 9th. Getting a bit frustrated and feeling forgotten by the system.

I'm a month behind you but feeling the same way. Also in San Diego so totally watching your timeline to see what I'm expecting.

08.10.2007- Started talking on IMDb
05.30.2009- Met in person
06.07.2014- Got engaged
K-1 Timeline
04.04.2015: I-129F Mailed
04.09.2015: Electronic NOA1 Received, sent to California Service Center
06.02.2015: NOA2!
06.05.2015 NOA2 Hardcopy
07.07.2015 Consulate Received
07.17.2015 Packet 3 received/submitted
07.17.2015 Packet 4 received
08.21.2015 Medical
08.25.2015 Interview-approved!
10.03.2015: POE ( Calgary International Airport)
11.13.15: Married my love <3

AOS Timeline

12.15.2015: I-485/I-765/I-131 and supporting documents mailed

12.22.2015: USCIS Received

12.24.2015: NOA Date (as found on I797's)

12.27.2015: NOA1 received by text email for all 3

01.02.2016: NOA1 received in mail

01.28.2016: Biometrics in Chula Vista

03.07.2016; Filed service request (Service request number not currently assigned for processing)

03.14.2016: EAD Update, New Card being Produced

03.19.2016: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

Timeline

We were just approved! On the day I post asking a question, we got approved! The email/text came through at 4PM eastern time! Card being produced! That means approved with no interview!!

Naturalization Timeline

APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.