blessing247

Evidence of Bonafide Relationship - NIGERIAN K1 SUCCESS STORIES

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There's no way the CO can be convinced, they go by what they see, there's a way to screenshot with the date..

I use an iPhone and it only shows the date, not year. :( How did you do your screenshot??

When I email the chat to myself using the "email chat" feature in WhatsApp, the entire conversation thread is displayed in "Notepad" form. This excerpt shows the FULL DATE including the year. Would this be sufficient, although it's in a Word Processing form?

I appreciate any suggestions....

Was approved this morning at Lagos. 7am interview, finished at 11:30am. Turned in my payment slip, appointment letter, medical, police report, i134. Asked two questions. When did you meet your fiance and do you have any pictures I can see? Congratulations! Welcome to America. Most K1 were asked to come back with a co-sponsor. Anyway I am so happy and I thank God.

Timeline

Congratulations but pls don't buy your ticket until your visa is at hand. They told my fiance to pick up his visa after 10 working days, but alas he just got it on Monday. Though, we risked buying the ticket last wk Friday bcos the ticket fare is increasing every secs, but he didn't get his passport back until Monday. Everybody's case is different, and everything in life is a risk, but you can never tell. I'll suggest that when it's 10 working days, just track it with ur passport number, and if it says no current update, that means it's been taken from the embassy and sent out to the DHL office you picked, but if it says it's ready for pickup, then you are good to go, best wishes and congrats once again....

So how many days after the interview did he pick up? My fear is that the ticket fares are increasing by the second. I think I have ample time till Jan 6. Don't you think? Please where and how do I track my passport. I thought I has to check on CEAC for my status to change to 'issued' then i know its ready for pick up.

Timeline

It took 3 more days for it to be picked, yes the ticket fare is increasing, but if you'll still be coming in Jan, then you have enough time, but there's no certainty in a reduced ticket purchase . I risked mine bcos he only has days left in naija, bcos d ticket fare is too much in dec/Jan. You can track ur passport update from http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.asp, then enter your passport number, click on track my passport for the update. I don't think the ceac website updates dat, even after he's picked up his passport, the ceac update still says issued since then and nothing more!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

My then boyfriend now husband dated long distance for three years before he visited in 2014. We met back in college so it wasn't a first time meeting though. We filed our K1 application in July 2014 with our whatsapp chat records. Yahoo IM, copies of cards and letters we exchanged while dating, screen shot of skype chat and video call, facebook chat (2011-2014) ticket and passport stamp when he visited, pictures we took during our engagement party and during the rest of his visit. We tried to frontload everything to prove that we had an existing relationship. We didn't hold back anything, better to be safe than sorry.

Because we had only one visit, we agreed that he will be there for my interview although in Lagos you're not allowed to come with your fiance or spouse. Anyway, he stood outside the embassy waiting for me.

Prior to my interview day, we had already printed out the rest of our conversation from the day we filed till the time he left the airport. Printed the pictures we took when we went to visit some of his family members (second visit) my sister and her kids and just random pictures of us together. These were the supporting documents I took with me to the interview. We didn't use an album just a photo envelope was enough.

When I got to the interview room, saw all those people there and felt the pressure, I became nervous. But I decided to distract myself by guessing which file could be mine. Lol Turned out my guess was right. Our file was the thickest in all the files the lady brought out. When she called my number, her first comment was about how big our file was. Lol I felt a bit relaxed because we joked about my file. I gave her my financial documents and other stuff I had.

Finally when my number appeared on the screen for the interview proper, the lady there also commented on how much we had frontloaded. I told her that we didn't want to take any chances. She took some minutes to go through the file before I even swore an oath. She asked me few questions, when we met, how we met, how he asked me out, etc. Then asked me how come we had one visit, I told her that my fiance was outside the embassy waiting for me so it's not really one visit. Also mentioned how I applied for a non immigrant visa to see him but was denied. I had his passport with me but she didn't ask for it. She looked at the pictures we took the few days ago and finally told me that my visa was approved. Phew!

It was long but worth it. We mailed the whatsapp chat then printed it out on word. They didn't say anything about it so.

Sorry for my epistle. Hehe

cMqwm5.png

Timeline

Thanks for sharing and congrats!

My then boyfriend now husband dated long distance for three years before he visited in 2014. We met back in college so it wasn't a first time meeting though. We filed our K1 application in July 2014 with our whatsapp chat records. Yahoo IM, copies of cards and letters we exchanged while dating, screen shot of skype chat and video call, facebook chat (2011-2014) ticket and passport stamp when he visited, pictures we took during our engagement party and during the rest of his visit. We tried to frontload everything to prove that we had an existing relationship. We didn't hold back anything, better to be safe than sorry.
Because we had only one visit, we agreed that he will be there for my interview although in Lagos you're not allowed to come with your fiance or spouse. Anyway, he stood outside the embassy waiting for me.
Prior to my interview day, we had already printed out the rest of our conversation from the day we filed till the time he left the airport. Printed the pictures we took when we went to visit some of his family members (second visit) my sister and her kids and just random pictures of us together. These were the supporting documents I took with me to the interview. We didn't use an album just a photo envelope was enough.
When I got to the interview room, saw all those people there and felt the pressure, I became nervous. But I decided to distract myself by guessing which file could be mine. Lol Turned out my guess was right. Our file was the thickest in all the files the lady brought out. When she called my number, her first comment was about how big our file was. Lol I felt a bit relaxed because we joked about my file. I gave her my financial documents and other stuff I had.
Finally when my number appeared on the screen for the interview proper, the lady there also commented on how much we had frontloaded. I told her that we didn't want to take any chances. She took some minutes to go through the file before I even swore an oath. She asked me few questions, when we met, how we met, how he asked me out, etc. Then asked me how come we had one visit, I told her that my fiance was outside the embassy waiting for me so it's not really one visit. Also mentioned how I applied for a non immigrant visa to see him but was denied. I had his passport with me but she didn't ask for it. She looked at the pictures we took the few days ago and finally told me that my visa was approved. Phew!
It was long but worth it. We mailed the whatsapp chat then printed it out on word. They didn't say anything about it so.

Timeline

I forgot to ask. Was your "engagement party" pics of an actual traditional Nigerian engagement? I was told that if the embassy sees evidence of such an occasion they automatically deny the visa due to their assumption that the couple is already married.

I forgot to ask. Was your "engagement party" pics of an actual traditional Nigerian engagement? I was told that if the embassy sees evidence of such an occasion they automatically deny the visa due to their assumption that the couple is already married.

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.