Sweet28

K2 (follow to join) ACCOMPANY BY IMMEDIATE FAMILY?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi fellow vj's, i just want to ask for some opinions,tips, ideas, inputs or whatever you can give. i came here as K1 visa folder and will get married this January, i came here last month Oct 16 2015. My son is under K2 follow to join (3yrs old) which is my plan to get him by May 2016 but it seems to long for me to wait for him to come, cuz i really miss him so much.im a hands on mother for 3 yrs,this is our first time separated so long and cant handle crying every night

,so yeah i changed my mind to get him by February or March. Question is, is it possible that my brother can accompany him from medical, embassy and even accompany him to come here in States? and by the way my brother doesn't have a visa yet. so i guess he will apply for tourist visa.right? Thank you so much..

Edited by Sweet28

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Your brother will have to apply for a visitor visa and overcoming the presumption of immigration with strong ties to home.

Your child immigrating to the US is irrelevant in consideration of a visitor visa for your brother. Your child immigrating and needing someone to fly with him is not considered in granting a visitor visa to your brother.

If your brother gets his visitor visa, he can come to the US with your son.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

hi fellow vj's, i just want to ask for some opinions,tips, ideas, inputs or whatever you can give. i came here as K1 visa folder and will get married this January, i came here last month Oct 16 2015.

Make sure your marriage date in January is within 90 days after Oct 16.

My son is under K2 follow to join (3yrs old) which is my plan to get him by May 2016 but it seems to long for me to wait for him to come, cuz i really miss him so much.im a hands on mother for 3 yrs,this is our first time separated so long and cant handle crying every night

,so yeah i changed my mind to get him by February or March.

Sure email the Embassy and make his interview appointment and schedule his medical.

Question is, is it possible that my brother can accompany him from medical, embassy

Yes and Yes

and even accompany him to come here in States?

Will need a visa.

and by the way my brother doesn't have a visa yet. so i guess he will apply for tourist visa.right?

Yes, but he may be denied.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

so it means he will apply first visitor visa?yes he has strong ties in PI he work as a govt employee for almost 12 years, he also married with 2 kids. only my brother can accompany my sons since i dont have yet my advance parole or AOS and my parents are old enough to travel with son. My fiance is planning to invite my brother for my wedding this January 2016 to represent as my family to witness the wedding, but i talk to him instead of coming this wedding i rather let him accompany my son to come cuz he only be given 1 month vacation leave from his work. please need help here what the best to do...thanks alot..

Timeline

hi fellow vj's, i just want to ask for some opinions,tips, ideas, inputs or whatever you can give. i came here as K1 visa folder and will get married this January, i came here last month Oct 16 2015. My son is under K2 follow to join (3yrs old) which is my plan to get him by May 2016 but it seems to long for me to wait for him to come, cuz i really miss him so much.im a hands on mother for 3 yrs,this is our first time separated so long and cant handle crying every night

,so yeah i changed my mind to get him by February or March. Question is, is it possible that my brother can accompany him from medical, embassy and even accompany him to come here in States? and by the way my brother doesn't have a visa yet. so i guess he will apply for tourist visa.right? Thank you so much..

This is based on our personal experience:

When we received the interview date of my children, my younger sister went ahead and applied for a B2 visa, she scheduled her interview 3 weeks after my children's interview to be sure that they're approved ones my younger sister had her interview. My younger sister has a child and a public school teacher for over 10 years, had an previous international travel - not in the US tho.

In preparation for my younger sister's interview, my husband ( who was the petitioner of my children ) made a letter addressed to the Consul at the USEM, explaining why there is nobody whom we can trust the safety of our children in traveling to the US. Together with the letter we sent her an employment letter, our latest IncomeTax return, and most recent paystub to prove that we have income. The letter that we made provided the case number of our minor children just incase they decide to check the veracity of our claim.

During her interview, the consul read the letter we made and check the proof of income we sent together with the letter. She was asked if she is working and what was her work ( they did n't ask to see any proof of employment - but she was prepared anyways ). She was asked the ages of our minor children and why the 2 children can't travel by themselves - tho it was already explained in the letter. Her answer is the same as the reason we stated in the letter. She got approved and was issued a 10 year B2 visa.

When it was time to travel, she was asked by the Philippine immigration officer a letter from her employer ( Authority to Travel - if I am not mistaken) which she got. She stayed here in the US and visited families in some other states without a problem. Her stay was only 1 month since that was the allowed vacation time for her. Travel date was just July of this year 2015 - Goodluck!

Edited by Dean_De

Timeline

This is based on our personal experience:

When we received the interview date of my children, my younger sister went ahead and applied for a B2 visa, she scheduled her interview 3 weeks after my children's interview to be sure that they're approved ones my younger sister had her interview. My younger sister has a child and a public school teacher for over 10 years, had an previous international travel - not in the US tho.

In preparation for my younger sister's interview, my husband ( who was the petitioner of my children ) made a letter addressed to the Consul at the USEM, explaining why there is nobody whom we can trust the safety of our children in traveling to the US. Together with the letter we sent her an employment letter, our latest IncomeTax return, and most recent paystub to prove that we have income. The letter that we made provided the case number of our minor children just incase they decide to check the veracity of our claim.

During her interview, the consul read the letter we made and check the proof of income we sent together with the letter. She was asked if she is working and what was her work ( they did n't ask to see any proof of employment - but she was prepared anyways ). She was asked the ages of our minor children and why the 2 children can't travel by themselves - tho it was already explained in the letter. Her answer is the same as the reason we stated in the letter. She got approved and was issued a 10 year B2 visa.

When it was time to travel, she was asked by the Philippine immigration officer a letter from her employer ( Authority to Travel - if I am not mistaken) which she got. She stayed here in the US and visited families in some other states without a problem. Her stay was only 1 month since that was the allowed vacation time for her. Travel date was just July of this year 2015 - Goodluck!

Thank you dean_de.. This is a big help for me... Thanks alot. God bless you

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes to the medical and interview (and registering at CFO). A "maybe" to traveling to the states, getting a tourist visa is not easy in the Philippines. You will need to get a SPA for your brother regarding your son.

Philippines forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Yes to the medical and interview (and registering at CFO). A "maybe" to traveling to the states, getting a tourist visa is not easy in the Philippines. You will need to get a SPA for your brother regarding your son.

Philippines forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

what does SPA means?thnx

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

what does SPA means?thnx

Special Power of Attorney - you will need this for CFO

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2834:rar-pdos-press-release&catid=108:cfo-press-release&Itemid=839

Children 12 years old and below are exempted from attending the PDOS. They must, however, be registered, even if by proxy. The following additional documents are required if the proxy is not the legal/natural/adoptive parent of the registrant.

1. Original and photocopy of one (1) valid identification card with photograph of the proxy
  2. Special Power of Attorney authenticated by Diplomatic Post if parent/s/ or guardian/s are based overseas; or a duly notarized authorization letter executed by parent/s or guardian/s while in the Philippines.
  3. Other documents that may be required by the registration officers.

You will also need a written consent letter for the travel clearance.

Plus you will need a travel clearance http://www.dswd.gov.ph/faqs/travel-clearance-for-minors/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~inquiry is embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Special Power of Attorney - you will need this for CFO

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2834:rar-pdos-press-release&catid=108:cfo-press-release&Itemid=839

Children 12 years old and below are exempted from attending the PDOS. They must, however, be registered, even if by proxy. The following additional documents are required if the proxy is not the legal/natural/adoptive parent of the registrant.

1. Original and photocopy of one (1) valid identification card with photograph of the proxy
  2. Special Power of Attorney authenticated by Diplomatic Post if parent/s/ or guardian/s are based overseas; or a duly notarized authorization letter executed by parent/s or guardian/s while in the Philippines.
  3. Other documents that may be required by the registration officers.

You will also need a written consent letter for the travel clearance.

Plus you will need a travel clearance http://www.dswd.gov.ph/faqs/travel-clearance-for-minors/

Hank is right, you also need Special Power of Attorney ( SPA ) for CFO and for the Travel Clearance, consent to travel ( you and the biological father of the child if his name appears on the Birth Certificate - this was asked when we applied for the travel clearance). And also an authorization letter addressed to the CFO authorizing your brother to register you child with the CFO.

Edited by Dean_De

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.