Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

The game begins!

Office of the Presidency
Federal Government of Nigeria
Foreign Financial Matters
Abuja-Nigeria.

Attn: Beneficiary

SCAMMED VICTIMS/INHERITANCE PAYMENT US$2.5million COMPENSATION-REF/PAYMENTS CODE: 01690

We, the Office of the Presidency on Foreign Financial Matters in conjunction with world bank assisted programme in africa were delegated to pay 35 scammed victims/ unpaid contract inheritance beneficiaries which benefactors are from all over the world whom were scammed by Nigerian 419 artists/internet perpetrators and the amount to be compensated to each victim/beneficfiary is US$2.5million only.

Your name was listed among the lucky bebeficiaries and was approved for the first badge of these payments exercise therefore i advise that you get back to us as soon as possible for the immediate payments of your US$2.5million compensations /inheritance funds.

Forthermore, You will receive your compensations / inheritance payments via through UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA PLC (UBA) and the approved payment methods are as follows-

1)PAYMENT BY CASH THROUGH SECURITY COMPANY
2)PAYMENT BY ATM CARD

I shall feed you with further modalities as soon as I hear from you .

Yours faithfully,

Engr.Mustaph Dangote
Chairman of the Committee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

How delicious -- nay, merely edible -- are his modalities?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Gotta give him an A+ for creativity, even though he gets the standard 419-spammer D- for spelling and grammar.

Eighteen years in the US and I still don't understand Velveeta, TV ads for prescription drugs, only getting 2 weeks paid vacation, or why anyone believes anything they see on Fox "News".

*clicks "Follow This Topic" and makes a bucket of popcorn*

:pop:

Eighteen years in the US and I still don't understand Velveeta, TV ads for prescription drugs, only getting 2 weeks paid vacation, or why anyone believes anything they see on Fox "News".

Timeline

My reply to my email anxiously waiting to get the process started:

Attn: <redacted name>

First, i have attached herein a copy of a STATEMENT OF FUND DEPOSIT in your name by the Nigerian Government.
We will issue you a Global Card (ATM CARD) in the next 24hrs and will be delivered to your address within 48hrs but the shipping company that will deliver the ATM Card to you will charge $100 delivery fee and $150 insurance fee making a total of $250 only.

If you can raise the $250 i will make sure that the ATM CARD gets to you within the scheduled persion if the $250 is made available to us between now and the next 48hrs.

I wait for your prompt reply.
Regards
Annie Jones
Customer Services

Attached:

post-177552-0-76084600-1446477023_thumb.jpg

So I replied and ask them to please advise what should I do.

ooo ask him if he can front you 250$ so you can get your global cash card. you can get him right back..soon as those couple millions hit.

I wait for your prompt reply.
Regards
Annie Jones
Customer Services

unassuming annie jones would never lead you astray :luv:

ooo ask him if he can front you 250$ so you can get your global cash card. you can get him right back..soon as those couple millions hit.

unassuming annie jones would never lead you astray :luv:

Especially the Annie Jones in the Nigerian gov'ts customer service dept. She's top notch!

Timeline

So I haven't heard from them yet, my 48 hours are almost up!

My reply was: Yes I am very excited at this opportunity. Kindly advise exact instructions so that this can be cleared.

They need to be expecting a LOT of trips to the western union before they figure out I'm not paying up

Edited by Expat1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Have you done this yet?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

I can remember one time back in 2008 or so I had a friend from work who joined a dating site. He hooked one scammer who needed money for something (a trip to come see him I think) and wanted it through western union. I had some old western union receipts from when my wife and I got married - since we got married over there and I funded a lot of it I had sent a lot of money that way

Anyway we scanned those receipts and created a PDF file that we could tweak. First, we sent her to the western union place with just the reference number, but we used one very close to the one on the receipt but we reversed two digits. When she went down there, she came back mad, so we sent her the scanned one, with a reference to the wrong digit, blamed the wrong digit on her not being able to pick up her money, but we also slightly misspelled the name. She went back and of course that number didn't match any current transfer so they sent her away. When she got back, she emailed again, and we said oops we realized that we misspelled the name and we were very sorry and would just make a new transfer for her.

Then we created another one with the right name, emailed it to her, and told her we got everything right here is the name and number, so she went back down there. Again that number, because it was an old transfer with a different name, didn't mean anything so she had to leave empty handed.

She came back and accused my friend of playing her, then he accused her of picking up the money and pretending she didn't really get it and told her she's untrustworthy and didn't want to hear from her again. Score - Freddy (3), Scammer (0). That was funny. We played her for like two weeks.

Have you done this yet?

i rarely receive money making opportunities in my spam box. unless you count working from home webcam performance art.

Timeline

i rarely receive money making opportunities in my spam box. unless you count working from home webcam performance art.

<perk> Home Webcam Performance? Elaborate?

<perk> Home Webcam Performance? Elaborate?

lol. i'm sure you're familiar. i do know a few people who have made pretty good money in that line of work. none of them utilized the spam approach to gain subscribers however..i wonder how often spammers actually make bank off people.