HappyLaytons

November 2015 l i-29f Filers

4,168 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Called NVC for the first time and they received our case on the 13th! No case number yet though...

I-129F Mailed: 11/16/2015

I-129F Received/NOA1: 11/18/2015

Check Cashed: 11/23/2015

Touched: 11/24/2015

NOA2 Email/Text: 01/04/2016

NOA2 Hard Copy: 01/08/2016

NVC Received Case: 01/13/2016

Received Case Number (FINALLY! Long story...): 03/07/2016

Sent Packet 3 Paperwork: 04/20/2016

Packet 4 Received: 04/20/2016

Medical: 06/09/2016

Interview: 06/29/2016 - Approved!!!

POE (Toronto): 08/03/2016

Married!!!: 08/26/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats!!

Or maybe they do have it :secret:call again tomorrow :rofl:

I called NVC every day (Jan 4th through Jan 7th) and was given the scripted message. On Friday Jan 8th, I was told they just received it and she was entering in to the system right now (lucky me?... maybe). She then told me that it would leave Mon Jan 11th or Tues Jan 12th as they don't keep them very long. On Jan 14th, CEAC was showing "Ready". Hmm, 2 or 3 days to make the trip across the pond?

Did I miss something? I know, it's after the fact now.

2015-11-12 I-129F sent to Dallas lock-box

2015-11-16 Packet received by USCIS Dallas

2015-11-19 NOA1 email notification. Routed to CSC

2015-11-23 NOA1 hard copy: notice date 11/18

2015-12-18 NOA2 Email/Text/USCIS app notification

2015-12-24 NOA2 hard copy

2016-01-08 NVC case number

2016-01-12 Case sent to consulate

2016-01-14 Consulate received case

2016-06-29 Medical part one

2016-07-01 Medical part two (passed)

2016-07-11 Interview at USEM- APPROVED

2016-07-16 Received Visa and Passport

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Called NVC for the first time and they received our case on the 13th! No case number yet though...

Agree with Ted. They should have the number now. 2 days after they received ours from the USCIS the case number was available on the phone. Then it was sent to the Embassy 2 days later. Call again. Ask for assistance. :thumbs:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Timeline

Mr. Great Greenbaum, another question if is possible please.

Good for posterity sake of future generations reading this thread, and for my own well-being.

Aisha does not have a birth certificate. Born at home, and never got one formally issued. In rural Ethiopia it is not an uncommon occurrence, in fact I have found a UN report that addresses this topic with Ethiopia.

Of course, as you know, there is a procedure for addressing this issue. Even for US citizens it is the same procedure.

She had to get:

1) a government stamped letter (affidavit) from the government office that registers births that states that they have no record of the birth;

2) a letter (affidavit) from her mother stating that she is her mother, and confirms her date of birth and location (not required to state she was present during the birth)

3) a letter (affidavit) from a aunt stating she is her aunt, was present during her birth, and confirms her date of birth and location.

*She has no school records, muslims don't have records like Catholics, no doctor records with her name (doctor office is country).

**She also has a national identification card, which is the basis for being a Ethiopian.

So my question: Is this all we should have, or do you think we need more letters from relatives? Have you seen this be an issue? If so what was resolution.

Thank You for your thoughts and wise opinions--- :pop:

Timeline

Hi everyone.

Tyler did you mean 8 hours?

Haha medical is done.

Boy it's a lengthy process.

Blood work, I only needed one vaccination, and I didn't do a urine test but I had a chest xray.

Overall I spent about 5 hours but finally it's over and done.

Sorry I was referring to the time spent with Embassy Officer.

Tyler

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Wow we haven't even called NVC once...because we know we cannot have the interview in FEB due to some job stuff, so most likely we will have to schedule it for March or April. Even if we wanted to have it asap.

Anyways my fiancé just received the letter with our case number and saying they are sending it to my embassy ? I find it funny that when you don't even try things move quickly!

The letter says they will contact ME before we can take any next steps. Let's see how long that takes if we don't do anything, also I wonder how they'll contact me.

Edited by sandminlove

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Timeline

April or May for my fiance and me... same reason.

I concur. Thought it would take much longer. Instead, it was like a lightning round of Jeopardy.

2015-11-12 I-129F sent to Dallas lock-box

2015-11-16 Packet received by USCIS Dallas

2015-11-19 NOA1 email notification. Routed to CSC

2015-11-23 NOA1 hard copy: notice date 11/18

2015-12-18 NOA2 Email/Text/USCIS app notification

2015-12-24 NOA2 hard copy

2016-01-08 NVC case number

2016-01-12 Case sent to consulate

2016-01-14 Consulate received case

2016-06-29 Medical part one

2016-07-01 Medical part two (passed)

2016-07-11 Interview at USEM- APPROVED

2016-07-16 Received Visa and Passport

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Timeline

April or May for my fiance and me... same reason.

I concur. Thought it would take much longer. Instead, it was like a lightning round of Jeopardy.

you do realize there are some of us who are 'hating' on you guys right now? Ears buzzing, feeling any stabbing pains (not acid indigestion).....

:ranting:

Jaime & Aisha, on 21 Jan 2016 - 6:40 PM, said:

Question on this.

Aisha visited Djibouti for 3-4 months for a couple of years. Never lived there, just visited family. Since July 2014 she has not been back.

Previous to 2014 Djibouti and Ethiopia had a 100% visa waiver agreement. Citizens move back and forth at will without documents, or any sort of registration. Only for tourist visits though, not to live. To live requires registration. Same as with the visa wavier between US and EU. Pretty much how it used to be for US citizens going into Mexico for a week, back in the day (I'm dating myself)

She never registered, never was documented in anyway.

I've contacted the Djibouti police through friends there. And they do not issue police certs for non-residents, not even for a "fee".

I know there is a 1 year required for certs ("...has resided for at least one year"), but I am still concerned.

My question, should I be worried that the Embassy will want the record anyway?

If she was not required to have a visa to travel and did not stay more than six months at any one time then no need to declare that she had ever been to that country because both no visa necessary and also she didn't live there for more than six months continuously.

So if the question from the CO is did you ever travel outside your country? Yes

To which country did you travel? Djibouti

Did you ever live there? No

How long was your visit/stay? About 3 months.

Notice my answers are truthful but do not contain a lot of information. Have her keep her answers short and to the point. Don't expand about anything unless asked by the CO.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Ted & Janine, on 21 Jan 2016 - 8:35 PM, said:

Congrats!!

Or maybe they do have it :secret:call again tomorrow :rofl:

I called NVC every day (Jan 4th through Jan 7th) and was given the scripted message. On Friday Jan 8th, I was told they just received it and she was entering in to the system right now (lucky me?... maybe). She then told me that it would leave Mon Jan 11th or Tues Jan 12th as they don't keep them very long. On Jan 14th, CEAC was showing "Ready". Hmm, 2 or 3 days to make the trip across the pond?

Did I miss something? I know, it's after the fact now.

Since there are so many who process through the Philippines they are rather quick with the visa deliveries. Keep your path clear and eye on the prize as you will soon be in each other arms.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Jaime & Aisha, on 21 Jan 2016 - 8:55 PM, said:Jaime & Aisha, on 21 Jan 2016 - 8:55 PM, said:

Mr. Great Greenbaum, another question if is possible please.

Good for posterity sake of future generations reading this thread, and for my own well-being.

Aisha does not have a birth certificate. Born at home, and never got one formally issued. In rural Ethiopia it is not an uncommon occurrence, in fact I have found a UN report that addresses this topic with Ethiopia.

Of course, as you know, there is a procedure for addressing this issue. Even for US citizens it is the same procedure.

She had to get:

1) a government stamped letter (affidavit) from the government office that registers births that states that they have no record of the birth;

2) a letter (affidavit) from her mother stating that she is her mother, and confirms her date of birth and location (not required to state she was present during the birth)

3) a letter (affidavit) from a aunt stating she is her aunt, was present during her birth, and confirms her date of birth and location.

*She has no school records, muslims don't have records like Catholics, no doctor records with her name (doctor office is country).

**She also has a national identification card, which is the basis for being a Ethiopian.

So my question: Is this all we should have, or do you think we need more letters from relatives? Have you seen this be an issue? If so what was resolution.

Thank You for your thoughts and wise opinions--- :pop:

I don't have the knowledge that you are seeking Grasshopper but what I have been able to come up with do diligence is the following. The way I see it, you two have a little more work in securing a BC. If the answer from Ethiopian Government authorities is they can't do anything for her then you can try your hand with the CO with an explanation and as they say let the chips fall where the are. Does her passport indicate a birth date? That possibly can help if it does but I think you still need to be touch with the nearest local city hall to her home.

As always, keep me posted. And now please pass the popcorn and beer. <_<

Registration of birth

A 15 April 2008 article published by PANApress (PANA) states that, at a consultation workshop in Addis-Ababa on the same date and concerning the creation of a national registration system for vital events, the representative of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) in Ethiopia stated that [English version] "Ethiopia was the only African country with no law that demands for the registration of vital events" such as births (PANA 15 Apr. 2008). The website of the United States (US) Bureau of Consular Affairs of the US Department of State states that registration of births is not automatic in Ethiopia, as the procedure is relatively new and it is largely confined to urban areas (US n.d.).

Procedure for issuing birth certificates

Information further to that reprinted below from Response ETH100912.E of 23 January 2006 could not be found among the sources consulted by the Research Directorate.

An applicant wishing to obtain a birth certificate must contact a city hall in Ethiopia (Ethiopia 16 Jan. 2006). The applicant needs to arrange for a family member or friend in Ethiopia to obtain the birth certificate on their behalf from the city hall (ibid.). If the applicant does not have a family member or friend in Ethiopia, the Ethiopian embassy can provide the applicant with the telephone number and mailing address of the appropriate city hall so that the applicant can make direct contact with the city hall (ibid.).

The United States Bureau of Consular Affairs website provides the following information regarding the procedure to obtain an Ethiopian birth certificate:

[birth certificates are] available only to those resident in Ethiopia. Requests for copies of previously issued birth certificates should be addressed to the Office of Region 14 Administration, Vital Statistics Service, Municipality of Addis Ababa, P.O. Box 356, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; or to the equivalent office or any other municipality in which the birth was registered.

For children under ten years of age, a hospital birth certificate, court document confirming parentage, or a baptismal certificate and acknowledgment from one's "kebele" (urban neighborhood association) are sufficient documentation for issuance of a birth certificate. For children between the ages of eleven and thirteen, the above mentioned documents and school records are required for issuance. Any of the above documents and an identity card are satisfactory for issuance of birth certificates for persons over the age of eighteen.

Persons applying for original birth certificates should contact the appropriate municipal authorities and present hospital birth records, which have been authenticated by their "kebele." Because of the nature of the "kebele" system, the birth certificate may be issued by the municipality where the person presently resides rather than where the birth actually took place. (25 Aug. 2005)

This Response was prepared after researching publicly accessible information currently available to the Research Directorate within time constraints. This Response is not, and does not purport to be, conclusive as to the merit of any particular claim for refugee protection. Please find below the list of sources consulted in researching this Information Request.

http://www.refworld.org/docid/4b7cee7ac.html

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

If she was not required to have a visa to travel and did not stay more than six months at any one time then no need to declare that she had ever been to that country because both no visa necessary and also she didn't live there for more than six months continuously.

So if the question from the CO is did you ever travel outside your country? Yes

To which country did you travel? Djibouti

Did you ever live there? No

How long was your visit/stay? About 3 months.

Notice my answers are truthful but do not contain a lot of information. Have her keep her answers short and to the point. Don't expand about anything unless asked by the CO.

Thank you.

You are sounding like my boss. He says the same thing, almost per verbatim when we get audits at are our company. And I followed his advice (same as you stated) for completing the questions in the 129F--short and direct. Answer the question, and if they have any need for further information make them ask: "Notice my answers are truthful but do not contain a lot of information. Have her keep her answers short and to the point. Don't expand about anything unless asked by the CO"

:thumbs::thumbs::star::star::thumbs::thumbs:

He says I talk too much :no: What he doesn't understand is that I say nothing when I talk on purpose. So the auditors want to get out, and never come back -- my strategy. :diablo:

Jaime & Aisha, on 21 Jan 2016 - 11:48 PM, said:

Thank you.

You are sounding like my boss. He says the same thing, almost per verbatim when we get audits at are our company. And I followed his advice (same as you stated) for completing the questions in the 129F--short and direct. Answer the question, and if they have any need for further information make them ask: "Notice my answers are truthful but do not contain a lot of information. Have her keep her answers short and to the point. Don't expand about anything unless asked by the CO"

:thumbs::thumbs::star::star::thumbs::thumbs:

He says I talk too much :no: What he doesn't understand is that I say nothing when I talk on purpose. So the auditors want to get out, and never come back -- my strategy. :diablo:

“The only thing that you owe the public is a good performance.” Humphrey Bogart

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.