ERTexas

Kehinde

Kikibooboo

NJMB2015

Michele&Mason

LoveinUganda (please keep us posted)

Dashalcuin

Who did I miss?

Thanks for still thinking of all of us still rounding the corner. This will be our week. I can feel it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Those in our group still waiting for NOA2:

Rileybrynn25

Gc&dl

ERTexas

Kehinde

Kikibooboo

NJMB2015

Michele&Mason

Dashalcuin

Who did I miss?

Us! NOA1 date November 24th and still waiting -.-

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Great idea Jaime!!!

Is there any way (if it's not much to ask!!) you can create the same but as a Private Group? That way you can only post and see posts if you are in the group and are accepted to get in by a moderator?

Sorry I am a stickler for privacy on my Facebook ?

I was going to suggest making it a private group too... :thumbs: OMG Jaime those pictures.... :rofl::rofl:

ohhhh my GOD we got approved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! am on cloud nine :goofy::joy::joy::joy:

THANK U GUYS !!!!

Congratulations!! :joy::joy:

Daisy and I are overjoyed we received our approval last night by text message. Good luck to those still waiting. Don't worry, it will come sooner than you think.

Congratulations! :joy::joy:

Joining this group a little late. Seems like a lot of applications around our time are already passed the NOA2 hurdle - fingers crossed for speedy approval for everyone (like myself) still patiently waiting!

I appreciate all the information and encouragement I've gained from reading VJ forums. It's been great!

Welcome! This really is the best group! :yes::yes::yes:

P.S. I just tried to post this and got this hilarious error message: "You have posted a message with more emoticons than this community allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AOS Journey

*Delay in filing due to typo on visa which took many calls, an InfoPass appointment, and about two months to resolve.

AOS/EAD/AP applications sent: 11/30/2016

NOA: 12/2/2016

RFE notice rec'd online: 12/21/2016

Biometrics appt. letter rec'd: 12/27/2016

RFE letter rec'd: 12/30/2016

Biometrics appointment: 1/4/2017

RFE response sent: 1/9/2017

RFE response receipt notice: 1/11/2017

Case status update text: 1/21/2017 (but no actual update available)

EAD/AP approval notice/card ordered (email and online): 2/13/2017

EAD/AP card mailed (e-notification): 2/15/2017

EAD/AP card received: 2/17/2017

Service request submitted: 7/11/2017

Service request processed: 8/4/2017

Service request response received (with no update): 8/9/2017

Interview letter received: 10/18/17

Interview appointment: 11/15/17

Approval: 11/15/17 

K1 Journey

Sent I-129F Packet: 11/25/2015
NOA1 (official date from hard copy): 12/2/2015

NOA1 e-notification: 12/3/2015

NOA2: 1/7/2016

Interview: 4/7/2016 - Approved!

Arrival: 5/30/2016 (POE Chicago O'Hare)

Marriage: 7/9/2016

Second (big) wedding: 11/12/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I came to realization that I have made way too many calls to NVC. Why... you ask? 1) Memorizing their script as good or better than the call taker, 2) Being overly creative when trying to trick them in to actually looking at my file, and finally (this might be disturbing to some of you) 3) Memorizing the outgoing on-hold message: "All of our customer service representatives are (I swear it sounds like he is saying "is") still helping other customers. Please continue to hold, we appreciate your patience".

This evening marked the last time I will hear that message. A lady named Evette answered. This was unlike the many other calls. Instead of the usual run around and giving me the 30 to 45 day scripted line asking for my case number (that's why I am calling) she immediately asked "May I have your receipt number? May I have your name? May I have the beneficiary's name and date of birth? She then said "we received your case today and I am entering in to the system right now". Then she asked me if I was prepared to write down some information... CASE NUMBER :joy: She went on to say that they do not hold on to the cases very long at all, not more than a day or two at the most.

I'm gonna miss that message :cry: okay okay... another lie from me.

No more super long posts from me :bonk:

So Ted, NVC finally has your case! It's about time! Get with the program slow poke...LOL

What a great way to start the weekend

So you have your MNL number did she give you an ID # as well?

Party in TEXAS tonight!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Thank you! I've seen a lot of the posts here and they're great. Going back in time we probably didn't need to go through an attorney (I was swayed by my sister who recommended a colleague)...but I can see now this forum and the entire VJ site has everything you'd need .

Oh well, can't change it now! Trying to be optimistic :)

I have never read anyone say positive points for their lawyer. Perhaps you have a good one. But now you are knowledgeable and can verify what they are doing. And can ask good questions, so they understand you know what is going on. Keeps them honest. :thumbs::thumbs:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I was going to suggest making it a private group too... :thumbs: OMG Jaime those pictures.... :rofl::rofl:

Yes, I rather like that dart board :rofl::rofl:

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Timeline

So Ted, NVC finally has your case! It's about time! Get with the program slow poke...LOL

What a great way to start the weekend

So you have your MNL number did she give you an ID # as well?

Party in TEXAS tonight!

Haha! :rofl:

Seems like all the good news for me happens on Friday. Maybe I will try my Saturday luck and play the Powerball. Win that and there will be a Huge party!!

Yep, MNL and ID numbers in hand

2015-11-12 I-129F sent to Dallas lock-box

2015-11-16 Packet received by USCIS Dallas

2015-11-19 NOA1 email notification. Routed to CSC

2015-11-23 NOA1 hard copy: notice date 11/18

2015-12-18 NOA2 Email/Text/USCIS app notification

2015-12-24 NOA2 hard copy

2016-01-08 NVC case number

2016-01-12 Case sent to consulate

2016-01-14 Consulate received case

2016-06-29 Medical part one

2016-07-01 Medical part two (passed)

2016-07-11 Interview at USEM- APPROVED

2016-07-16 Received Visa and Passport

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Timeline

Us! NOA1 date November 24th and still waiting -.-

Added... sorry about that.

Those in our group still waiting for NOA2:

Rileybrynn25

Gc&dl

ERTexas

Kehinde

Kikibooboo

NJMB2015

Michele&Mason

Dashalcuin

Ninetails

I think there are 2 more names that I missed waiting on their NOA2

2015-07-18 CFO denied sticker. Reason for denial: She does not believe the reason for divorce listed in my divorce decree. What the hell???

Timeline

Thanks for still thinking of all of us still rounding the corner. This will be our week. I can feel it!

Yes, now that the holidays are behind us... USCISS and NVC should be back to full speed.

Directing all of our Super Hero energies for you and everybody on the list... this will be the week!

Timeline

RFE UPDATE FOR GREEN, TYLER, AND JAMIE, AS WELL AS EVERYONE ELSE WHO CAN HELP ME........

MY REQUEST IS FOR MULTIPLE FILER WAIVER AND WHY IT SHOULD APPLY TO ME......CAN ANYONE HELP ME DO THIS???? I WANT TO GET THIS SENT OUT LIKE TOMORROW.

Can one of you smart guys PM ME and help me please

Hello LoveinUganda, sorry for my late reply. Playing catch up on the board here. I will PM you as I have had to file the multiple waiver with my initial I-129F as well.

We will help you get through this.

Timeline

Does this sound like a good Answer to RFE for multiple filer request?

01/08/2016

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

To Whom It May Concern:

In compliance with the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA),

I respectfully request for waiver on filing limitations in connection

with my current petition to my fiancée ***********Receipt #WAC**************

I believe a waiver is appropriate in my circumstance because I have no criminal

history with regard to the “specified crimes” under IMBRA.

I have one prior withdrawn Form I-129F petition application for my ex-fiancée, Ms.************

of Uganda Receipt number *************. Please note that I had also listed her daughter ******************* on the I-129F application that I had submitted.

Name of ex alien fiancée: ************8

Place of filing: Texas Service Center.

Date of filing: March 17, 2015.

Result: Petition withdrawn on October 13, 2015.

After filing my Form I-129F petition application for Ms. ************

irreconcilable differences have arisen between both parties and these

differences have led to an irremediable breakdown of our personal relationship.

These differences were due to lack of effort and communication on her part.

We have since stopped our personal relationship and I decided not to

pursue my K-1 Fiancée petition for Ms. *************

Attached Please find supporting evidence which include:

A copy of my original request to withdraw petition for Juliet Alepere.

A Printout of USCIS sending me withdrawal acknowledgment notice.

Witness statement from******* and *********** who are my parents regarding both the withdrawal of my previous petition for Ms. ******** as well as continued support for petition of my current fiancée Eve *******

I am hoping for your kind consideration of my request.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Looks like I am late to the party. The template above is pretty much the same that I used accept with different circumstances and my initial Petition was approved.

I assume the reason you did not submit the waiver request with your I-129F is that you read the instructions regarding IMBRA and filing limitations as written which state b.) You previously had a K-1 petition approved and less than 2 years have passed since the filing of such previously approved petition" The key word being "approved" since the person you petitioned in earlier this year was NOT yet approved you did not feel it was necessary to file the waiver.

Unfortunately different adjudicators may read this requirement differently. Well that is all in the past now. Your RFE is in hand and your response looks appropriate.

A few things you may want to do if you have not already is SIGN in ink AND date the waiver/letter that you send also add your WAC number to the letter in the event it gets disassociated once it arrives at USICS. Double check the requirements and instructions on the RFE to be sure you are following what they are asking for.

Make a photocopy for your records of the letter and ALL documents you send back. Finally I would send with USPS TRACKING that is for your piece of mind.

Not sure it they will input it at this time but you could also send in form http://www.uscis.gov/g-1145 if you didn't with your I-129F.

Good luck and let us know what happens. (I will not send the PM as you have your answers here but feel free to PM me if you have other questions.)

Tyler

Edited by tyler007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I consulted with three different attorneys due to my fears of putting the petition together. Hiring an attorney just made sense. But it seemed that with the attorney, I was still doing most of the work. Thanks to this wonderful group and all of the information here... I decided to take the plunge and did it myself.

Don't have any regrets and look ahead.

Will you have access to the text message or email alerts?

It sounds like we had very similar experiences.. And yes, luckily my fiancee read about these text alerts on another forum she visited a lot in September and we included this page in with our packet.

I like the advice - no regrets!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I have never read anyone say positive points for their lawyer. Perhaps you have a good one. But now you are knowledgeable and can verify what they are doing. And can ask good questions, so they understand you know what is going on. Keeps them honest. :thumbs::thumbs:

Unfortunately I'd say ours is similar to the rest - the majority of our 130+ pages were prepared on our end...

But you make a great point - keeping them honest! :joy:

Timeline

Okay group. Some of you know I am a recent entry into the 'facebook' work. Actually unwilling, and still have not really accepted it. Only doing it for the 'Visa' reviewers in the event they ask, covering my bases.

I saw that there are pages for groups.

So I took the liberty to start one for us. This way we can keep posted on each of us through marriage, kids, and the truly fun Journey---LIFE. Also can arrange for the get together if we decide to really do that.

https://www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

If you want join up, and start posting what you want. ----Greenbaum you need to be a part too.

Note: it is named after HappyLaton's version of of I-129F. She is given all the create for getting us started.

Hahaha...great job! Mark Zuckerberg will be happy as well.

I love the the fact that there is still no "1" just "i-29f" LOL...oh and of course the "bag" :rofl:

Timeline

It's the WORST!

Welp, hopefully next week.... :clock:

Blame it on "EL Chapo" that is what I would do...LOL

Now that he's caught all resources can be focused back on your petition.

hmmmm...what's this over in the mulberry bush just outside my hovel here in the shire?

Oh heck there it is! My crystal "VJ Ball of obscurity" - wooooo. :o ..what is that?

It seems to say an approval coming by 14th or sooner it flashed too fast but looked like I saw a bunch of chocolate covered M&M's.

Time will tell for (M)ichael&(M)ason but the ball is rarely wrong...except when it is.

Tyler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.