Sankofa

My Case is LOST!!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My K-1 petition was approved on January 17, 2007 and was then forwarded to the NVC. I received notice from the NVC that my case was sent to the US Embassy in Ghana on January 25, 2007. From there is has simply vanished into thin air. I have been in constant communication with the embassy, but they continue to deny receipt of the case. I know DHL is sometimes slow, but I know it shouldn't take greater than one month for the case to reach Ghana from the NVC!! I have contacted my US Sentator's office and they haven't yet heard back from the embassy (as of February 23). Just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation or know of anyone else who has. I am NOT starting this process all over again!! (If I don't have to!)Should I just be patient with the hopes that it will get there or simply show up? I am at a complete loss for what I should do. Please help, I've exhausted all other resources!!

K-1

October 10, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to TSC via Express Mail guaranteed 3 day delivery (NOT!!)

October 23, 2006 - NOA1

October 27, 2006 - Check cashed - called bank to obtain case# from back of check

October 31, 2006 - Received NOA1 via snail mail

January 17, 2007 - NOA2

January 24, 2007 - NVC received petition

January 25, 2007 - Petition forwarded to Ghana

March 11, 2007 - Fiance receives letter from Embassy dated February 12 informing him to come pick up Packet 3!!! (case never lost!!!)

March 27, 2007 - Packet 3 received from Embassy

March 28, 2007 - Packet 3 returned, Packet 4 received with interview date

July 12, 2007 - Interview Date

August 10, 2007 - Picked up Visa from American Embassy in Accra

August 11, 2007 - Engagement Ceremony in Accra, Ghana

August 21, 2007 - MY BABY CAME HOME!!! POE - JFK

AOS

August 27, 2007 - Civil Marriage Ceremony

September 21, 2007 - Package sent to Chicago Lockbox

September 28, 2007 - Check cashed

October 1, 2007 - Received NOA's (1-485, I-131, I-765) in mail dated September 27, 2007

October 21, 2007 - Wedding Day!!

October 22, 2007 - Original date for Biometrics appt (missed appt because of honeymoon)

November 7, 2007 - Walked in to USCIS Jacksonville and had biometrics taken with no problems

November 13, 2007 - AP Received

November 19, 2007 - EAD Received

November 29, 2007 - Case transferred to CSC

January 22, 2007 - RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN MAIL DATED JANUARY 14, 2008!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It takes some time before the case is entered into the system. My case was forwaded from the NVC on December 13, 2006 and it did not get into the embassy system until Feb.8, 2007. I now the wait is frustrating and painful, but just wait and I believe it will be in the system soon.

:dance::dance: Hubby's interview April 23, 2007

Consulate : Nigeria

Marriage : 2006-07-27

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-16

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-08-26

I-129F Sent : 2006-10-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-10-19

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-12-01

NVC Received : 2006-12-12

NVC Left : 2006-12-13

Consulate Received : 2007-02-07

Packet 3 Received : 2007-02-08

Interview Date : 2007-04-23

I-130 Approval : 2006-10-26

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This happens with many of the consulates, several of the busier or short handed consulates tend to leave the cases in storage until they are ready for them, only then they receive them.

Example, Guangzhou China tend to "receive" the cases 3-4 months after NVC send them.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

SOURCES INDICATE THAT THERE ARE BACKLOG OF HUNDREDS OF CASES QUEUEING TO BE SHEDULED INTERVIEW IN GHANA. YOUR CASE MIGHT BE A DELIBERATE ATTEMPT TO TEMPORARY TO DELAY IT TO CLEAR OFF ALL THOSE CASES PENDING IN THEIR SYSTEM BEFORE YOURS IS ADDED. THERE IS A LOT OF CONCERN WHY GHANA EMBASSY IS SO SLOW AS COMPARED TO OTHERS. KEEP FINGERS CROSSED AND HOPEFULY YOU HEAR FROM THEM SOON. GOOD LUCK!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear this. I had something similar involving the NVC but luckily not the US Embassy in Kenya. The only advice I can give is something that you've already done--get your congressmen involved. I recently moved from Michigan to Indiana, so I actually contacted a local representative and a senator from each state. I found that some of the congressmen work faster than others. One of them called me the following day, the next one within a week, and a third one a few weeks later. It appears that the second of the three congressmen who replied (I haven't heard anything from the fourth) did an excellent job getting things moving, but the third one just called me today with information a couple weeks old. So they're trying, but not doing as successfully. You might try recruiting a local reprentative to see if s/he can help you out (don't mention your senator unless they ask).

Your case should have been sent by DHL from NVC to the consulate in Accra. The NVC should be able to check whether the package was received and there should be a signature of who signed for it. So perhaps call the NVC.

Don't don't give up hope, there will be a way of tracing your case! It just might take longer than you want before you get your packet 3/4 information.

APR 25, 2006 ARRIVE IN KENYA FOR PH.D. DISSERTATION RESEARCH

JUL 07, 2006 MEET AT CHECK-INN CLUB IN BUSIA, KENYA

SEPT 25, 2006 RETURN TO US

OCT 18, 2006 I129F SUBMITTED

OCT 24, 2006 NOA1 I129F

OCT 24, 2006 BACK TO KENYA

NOV 18, 2006 PROPOSED IN MOMBASA, KENYA (SHE SAID "YES"!)

DEC 26, 2006 NOA2 I129F

DEC 27, 2006 RETURN FROM KENYA

JANUARY, 2006 NVC CAN'T LOCATE PETITION

FEB 14, 2007 LETTERS SENT TO CONGRESSMEN

FEB 15, 2007 CIS CUSTOMER SERVICE SENDS EMAIL TO CSC REQUESTING TRACE ON MY PETITION (SHOULD HEAR BACK W/IN 45 DAYS)

FEB 19, 2007 APPROVED PETITION TOUCHED

FEB 21, 2007 EMAIL FROM CONGRESSMAN'S OFFICE SAYING PETITION HAS JUST BEEN RECEIVED BY NVC

FEB 23, 2007 PETITION SENT TO US EMBASSY IN NAIROBI, KENYA

MAR 5, 2007 PICKED UP PACKET 3/4 FROM EMBASSY

MAR 26, 2007 RETURNED PACKET 3 TO EMBASSY

APR 12, 2007 RETURNED MEDICAL EXAM RESULTS TO EMBASSY, HAD INTERVIEW, AND WAS APPROVED!

APR 26, 2007 PICKED-UP VISA FROM EMBASSY

APR 28-29, 2007 NAIROBI-ZURICH-CHICAGO-DETROIT-ANN ARBOR

JUL 3, 2007 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

JUL 30, 2007 MAIL AOS, EAD, AP APPLICATIONS

SEPT 8, 2007 CHECK CASHED

OCT 24, 2007 AP APPROVED

NOV 5, 2007 EAD APPROVED

NOV 6, 2007 EAD IN MAIL

JAN 22, 2008 INTERVIEW -- APPROVED!

Jacinta is a conditional permanent resident alien!

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
My K-1 petition was approved on January 17, 2007 and was then forwarded to the NVC. I received notice from the NVC that my case was sent to the US Embassy in Ghana on January 25, 2007. From there is has simply vanished into thin air. I have been in constant communication with the embassy, but they continue to deny receipt of the case. I know DHL is sometimes slow, but I know it shouldn't take greater than one month for the case to reach Ghana from the NVC!! I have contacted my US Sentator's office and they haven't yet heard back from the embassy (as of February 23). Just wondering if anyone else has been in this situation or know of anyone else who has. I am NOT starting this process all over again!! (If I don't have to!)Should I just be patient with the hopes that it will get there or simply show up? I am at a complete loss for what I should do. Please help, I've exhausted all other resources!!

Your case has a number and they should be able to track its movements. I think your senator's office should be have received a reply long before now. In my experience they reply to a senator within 24 to 48 hours. Stay on them I contact them every month thats what we elect them for. good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Your case has a number and they should be able to track its movements. I think your senator's office should be have received a reply long before now. In my experience they reply to a senator within 24 to 48 hours. Stay on them I contact them every month thats what we elect them for. good luck

I agree - it's absurd for you to wait this long for a response from your senator. Call them WEEKLY and push them hard. If they are not helpful, contact another office of the same senator or your other senator's office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.