irina1986

CGI Reference Number (K-1 process)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi All.

Please help me on this as my Fiancee is not good in English and also she does not understand the K-1 process quiet.

1. NOA2 was approved October 6th

2. Got the Case# from NVC yesterday over the phone and gave it to her

3. I've completed the DS-160 last night through online to interview in Dhaka, Bangladesh. DS-160 submission was successful and got the confirmation number (AA005XXXXQ) through email.

4. She went to EBL (bank) where she can pay the visa fee but they require "CGI Reference Number". Without this CGI Ref# Bank (EBL bank in Dhaka, Bangladesh) will not accept visa fee . This is the one issue. I don't know where to get this CGI Ref#

5. Do I have to schedule visa interview or Embassy will contact me as they should have the DS-160 already in their database.

6. Once she pay the visa fee, then she will go for medical done in there right before visa interview. How do I know when the interview is.

7. Please walk me through this process step by step as both I and my Fiancee are confused which step should be done when and how?

I appreciate your help and contribution to this thread.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! Well I don't know if this will help. I am on the process of getting everything done before the interview. With regards to the payment of the visa fee there should be an instruction how to do it, it's included in the packet that she received from the consulate or embassy where she will be interviewed, you can call the Hotline there in the US +1 703 665 1986 or go online to https://ustraveldocs.com. she will needing to fill up some information in there and print something that she will be bringing to the bank for her to be able to pay.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Contact the embassy or go to their website. When you get to this stage of the process, the instructions are usually pretty specific. Best of luck.

Priority Mailed I-129 on 8/10/15

Tracked and Received by Texas Lockbox 8/12/15

N.O.A.1 email/text 08/17/15

N.O.A. 1 hard copy 8/21/15

R.F.E. 09/02/15 ?

N.O.A. 2 email/text 09/24/15

N.O.A. 2 hard copy 09/28/15

N.V.C. Received 10/15/15

N.V.C Case#10/19/15

N.V.C. In Transit 10/20/15

Case Received 10/22/15

Medical 11/17/

Appointment date 11/18/15

Approval 11/18/15!!!!!!!!!!

P.O.E. J.F.K.- 11/27/15 ?????

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Asia:South Regional Forum~

~At this stage of the process instructions/requirements are often embassy-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

its the Same here in Egypt i have to print the CGI page to i take it with me to the bank and pay the visa fee
so all you need to do is, go to ustraveldocs.com create a profile
it is all information about your fiance (your foreigner fiance)
and then the last stage is visa payment, she will open a page instructing her how and where she will pay the visa , this page which is the CGI need to be printed and take with her or him when she go to the bank
easy don't worry

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hi!

I have done some research we suppose to make our profile, fill in the form, schedule the interview appointment, print the CGI number out and go to the bank to pay the visa fee.

I got an E-mail from US counselor telling me about my interview date one day after I E-mail them my DS-160 confirmation page, but I did not pay for the visa fee yet.

Do I have to still go to https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ to make my profile?

Thank you so much

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.