IronClaw

My father is blackmailing me

23 posts in this topic

I'll have to send a I-751 6 months from now, and I may or may not have an interview and I just don't want this issue I have with him to become a topic for discussion. The guy has been doing those kind of things all his life, he even sued his boss for firing him just so that he wouldn't have to work. Which is why he is so bent on selling the apartment, they worth around 2 million shekels over there, that's around 500,000 dollars. That's quite the motivation for him to send the immigration letters that are attacking my character. I have blocked him, and saved his letter to me. Still wondering if I should contact the authorities or just move on and wait for the best.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'll have to send a I-751 6 months from now, and I may or may not have an interview and I just don't want this issue I have with him to become a topic for discussion. The guy has been doing those kind of things all his life, he even sued his boss for firing him just so that he wouldn't have to work. Which is why he is so bent on selling the apartment, they worth around 2 million shekels over there, that's around 500,000 dollars. That's quite the motivation for him to send the immigration letters that are attacking my character. I have blocked him, and saved his letter to me. Still wondering if I should contact the authorities or just move on and wait for the best.

Like someone said- USCIS hears that a lot. I can't tell you how many time I've heard that in my lifetime.

As long as everything for you is 100% legit you have nothing to worry about. Advise him you are not coming and you do not intend on making any decisions on the apartment until you have had time to think about it. Let him know that if he continues to harass you, you will print his emails and send it to the Israeli government to show that he is harassing ,blackmailing you and trying to defraud you of your inheritance from your mother.

There seems to be more to the story and you may want to take the time to figure out exactly what he's trying to accomplish. Is it possible that the apartment was only in your moms name and she left it to just you?

09/27/14 Married :content:

12/03/14 Became a US citizen :star:

. .

02/25/15 130 Petition sent

02/27/15 NOA1 date :clock:

07/23/15 NOA2 date

08/03/15 Mailed to NVC

08/07/15 NVC Received

08/19/15 Case number assigned, submitted DS-261

08/20/15 Paid AOS bill

08/25/15 Received welcome letter

08/25/15 Sent AOS & IV package

08/31/15 DS-261 reviewed

08/31/15 AOS & IV scan date confirmed by Sup.

09/02/15 Received IV bill by email

09/03/15 Paid IV bill

09/09/15 Submitted DS-260

09/17/15 Case Completed @ NVC

10/06/15 Expedite Request sent to NVC

11/12/15 Contacted Sen. Marco Rubio for assistance with expedite by email

11/19/15 Expedite Approved

12/9/15 Medical

12/11/15 Interview (Approved)

12/14/15 CEAC Status changed to AP

12/15/15 CEAC Status Changed to Issued

12/18/15 Picked up Passport & booked hubby's ticket.

12/31/15 Ring in the New Years together after 4 years!!!! :dancing:

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You have the assets, why not appoint a local lawyer to deal with it?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

It depends on what type of lies he makes up and who he reports to. I have a family member who informed me that marrying a Muslim was "out of God's will" and he filed a FALSE report to the FBI in hopes that somehow he can prevent us from being together. We're undergoing an FBI investigation now.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2014-09-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-08 I-130

I-130 Appr5oved : 2015-02-22

NVC Received : 2015-03-09

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-03-20

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-03-28

Send AOS Package : 2015-04-28

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-25

Receive IV Bill : 2015-04-14

Pay IV Bill : 2015-04-22

Send IV Package : 2015-04-28

Scanned date: 2015-04-28

Check list : 2015-06-07

Check list scanned: 2015-06-10

Sent to Supervisor 49 days after scanned: 2015-07-28

Case Complete 7 days after it went to Supervisor: 2015-08-05

Interview Appointment Letter from NVC: 2015-13-10

Case shows as READY 2015-10-19

Medical done: 2015-16-11

Interview Date: 2015-11-18

APPROVED....GOD IS GREAT!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY! :goofy:

Case changed from "Ready" to "AP" on 19th, then to "Issued" on 22nd

Visa was ready for pick up November 3rd in the afternoon

VISA IN HAND! THANK YOU GOD!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I'd ask how much are you selling it for? Oh and by the way I wasn't planning or knowing I had a stake in the APT., but since you blackmailed me I now want 50%! And I need the money put in an escrow account a bank letter stating the proceeds will be put into that acct. before I sign anything.

Oh and by the way thanks a lot.

Edited by Shenzhen

Filed: Timeline

My dad lives in Israel, he contacted me a few days ago and demanded me to go to the israeli consulate and sign a bunch of papers that will give him the power to sell an apartment that both of our names are on. My moms name was on it too but she passed away just a few days before he emailed me. I refused to do his bidding, so he emailed me again and said that he'll write to immigration and tell them all kinds of lies about me if I won't go to the israeli embassy and fax him my signature so he could sell the apartment. My question is this, will the immigration people even read/care about his bullshit? I am worried because I have a new life here and he is trying to screw it for me, I changed my last name but he doesn't know that. Will the immigration people even know who hes talking about cuz hell give them my old last name probably. I haven't dont anything, but he said he'll tell them "who i really am" usign caps lock to make it sound dramatic. He will probably tell them a bunch of lies, I want to know if anyone will read it/and/or care? And if they do can this cause a hardship for me? I got here on a K1 visa by the way, currently I am holding a green card, and am waiting for a removal of conditions. Thanks a lot in advance I really dunno what to do I need some answers.

BS! Don't sign a thing if you don't want to, heep the blackmail email evidence (that can counteract any reports he thinks is worthwhile)

If you legally changed your last name theres nothing to worry about (Oh! we see why). The US don't care about his gripe, mayb you

should fax his blackmail to the consulate there, and put a wrench in his plans...what a father

It depends on what type of lies he makes up and who he reports to. I have a family member who informed me that marrying a Muslim was "out of God's will" and he filed a FALSE report to the FBI in hopes that somehow he can prevent us from being together. We're undergoing an FBI investigation now.

The only way I can see you being " under investigation" is if whoever filed this report said you or your spouse were terrorists and the FBI doesn't spend much time on time unless if it's really concrete. I'm sure they initially went after who ever filed the report and then check on you and if nothing makes sense they worry about something else.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.