mat_buky

Military Result

45 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

MEPS went well... Very busy day. Enjoyed it though.

I only failed one out of the color vision test...

Weight was 1lbs above the required weight limit but I was fine though.

Did my swearing in after the whole process...

Happy to be joining the force.

Leaving for basic training September.

Thanks guys

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks guys

Congrats bro.

Yes I did pass the colour vision exam...

cool, you'll be fine bro.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Thanks guys

Congrats!

Timeline

Hey Guys.

After swearing in. Do you guys report to your recruiter weekly for weekly drill

I don't really go in weekly, I only make sure I check in with the recruiter sometimes through phone. More so, I was told I need to do the 1-1-1 PT assessment to know where I'm at. I did that and I passed it the first time so I was told It's not mandatory to be joining them for PT. I do PT personally every week and I've done the whole 2-2-2 a couple of times with other future soldiers that are shipping out in a a couple of days. And sometimes, the soldiers at the recruiting invite me to join them for PT. So your recruiter will tell you how often you need to be checking in, whether in person or via phone and when you need to show up for PT.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I don't really go in weekly, I only make sure I check in with the recruiter sometimes through phone. More so, I was told I need to do the 1-1-1 PT assessment to know where I'm at. I did that and I passed it the first time so I was told It's not mandatory to be joining them for PT. I do PT personally every week and I've done the whole 2-2-2 a couple of times with other future soldiers that are shipping out in a a couple of days. And sometimes, the soldiers at the recruiting invite me to join them for PT. So your recruiter will tell you how often you need to be checking in, whether in person or via phone and when you need to show up for PT.

Kool. So you can run the 2 miles in 17mins or less... right?

I'm having serious issues with the 2mile run stuff.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Happy to see you still going through with it!

What branch did you go for in the end?

I am in contact with a recruiter from the Navy for a while now, just waiting for my greencard to come in and I'll be joining up. I have been informed it is possible to join the Navy on a 2 year greencard, and I am already in the computer of the recruiter.

All of us (the 2 recruiters at the office, my husband and I) are just sitting now waiting and waiting haha, it's funny. Since I speak many languages and have swimming skills (I wanna do rescue swimming so bad, and I will be able to in the navy.. next to the actual job!)

But this wait for the greencard is horrible haha, I just want to join and get it over with!

My husband is a marine btw, so I do know a lot of things that will happen. I do realise marines are tougher, but hey... if he trains me to be a marine, the navy is going to be so easy! ><

Met around 2011/2012 in a game (league of legends) super random, best friends ever since... grew closer as friends and desided in 2013 to try dating, flew over and we had a click =)

Proposed in Oktober 2014

12/2014 - File K1

12/2015 - Receive K1 (texas backlog drama, took a year!)

12/26/15 - P.O.E. Boston

01/20/16 - Marriage =)

(Day 000) 03/10/16 - Filed AOS (with EAD and AP)

(Day 001) 03/14/16 - Received EAD+AP

(Day 004) 03/18/16 - Received AOS

(Day 005) 03/19/16 - NOA1 SMS & Email x3

(Day 009) 03/23/16 - NOA1 Hardcopy x3

(Day 016) 03/30/16 - Biometrics letter received

(Day 030) 04/13/16 - Biometrics done (very quiet in Providence (RI) just one other family and me)

(Day 051) 05/04/16 - Approval EAD & AP

(Day 055) 05/08/16 - NOA2 EAD & AP in the mail and online changed to approved

(Day 063) 05/16/16 - Approval AOS

(Day 065) 05/18/16 - Called tier 2 officer to ask where my AOS is at (RFE, Waiver, Interview etc, what to expect) got as answer it's approved...

(Day 067) 05/20/16 - NOA2 AOS Hardcopy and online status change

(Day 086) 06/08/16 - EAD Mailed to me

(Day 088) 06/10/16 - GC Mailed to me

(Day 089) 06/11/16 - EAD & AP combocard received (It still came eventho it's useless since AOS approval)

(Day 091) 06/13/16 - Greencard received

Timeline

Yea man. I run 2 miles in 15.30 at least thats my best so far. Still working on improving it though. How long does it take you?

You need to just keep pushing man. The more you run the better you get...but try not to hurt yourself before your ship date though.

Edited by ashmed246

Timeline

Is it really free and appropriate to do your i1693 vaccine with a Millitary physician.I was told is free and acceptable

Are you a military dependent?..then yes only if the physician is an immigration certified physician. You can check the list of USCIS certified physicians in your area.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My fellow Naija peeps...im interested in joining the navy too and I have been in contact with a recruiter ..please can anyone give me the idea of how the whole process go through ..

I proud of my Naija dude ..we are everywhere and we are progressing ...I'm also waiting for my interview date too with uscis ..

Can someone tell me how the test go thru

My AOS Timeline (From B1/B2):

2016-4-01: AOS Package mailed to USCIS (I-485, I-130, I-765)

2016-4-11 : Package received; NOA date

​2016-4-29: Received biometric appointment letter; appointment set on May 9th

2016-5-02: Completed biometric appointment as scheduled ( early Walk-in )

2016-6-20: Called USCIS customer service and make a service Request on the 75th Day for I-765

2016-6-23: I-765 status changed to "your new card is being produced;

2016-6-28: I-765 status changed to "card was mailed"

2016-7-01: I-765 status changed to "card was delivered to me by the post office"

2016-7-20: I-485 Status Changed to Test and Interview

Timeline

@

ashmed246

You'll be able to start your naturalization process once you start the bootcamp, right?

Also if you don't mind, how many years is the contract?

For Navy boot camp I really do not know, but for Army basic training, yes you turn in your naturalization papers in basic and possibly be naturalized by the end of basic or during AIT.

Timeline

My fellow Naija peeps...im interested in joining the navy too and I have been in contact with a recruiter ..please can anyone give me the idea of how the whole process go through ..

I proud of my Naija dude ..we are everywhere and we are progressing ...I'm also waiting for my interview date too with uscis ..

Can someone tell me how the test go thru

I do not really know how long the navy enlistment process takes, but as for the Army, everyone's case is different. Without any medical or legal issue, the process takes roughly 3 to 4 weeks. The interview will go well, they will ask you questions to know how real your marriage is. As a couple, you should not have problems with these. I wish you good luck in your enlistment and your interview.

Glad to meet my naija people here,can 36 join army?

No the enlistment age is 34, you have to be able to ship to basic training before your 34th birthday.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.