Bosco

New Princess

12 posts in this topic

capt.jpg

link

Rabat - Moroccans were Thursday preparing for several days of festivities to mark the birth of Princess Lalla Khadija, the second child of King Mohammed VI.

The baby was born at a clinic at the royal palace on Wednesday. The 4.16-kilo girl and her mother, Princess Lalla Salma, were reported to be "in perfect health".

Celebrations to mark the arrival of the new royal are expected to match those marking the birth of her brother three years ago, in a signal of growing respect for female children.

Dozens of people gathered in front of the palace, where the 43-year-old monarch made an appearance to greet citizens.

Cannons fired 21 shots and national television showed images of the monarch holding the newborn.

Special books were also to be laid out at regional government offices for people to congratulate the royal house.

According to Muslim tradition, the main celebrations were set to begin seven days after the birth - next Wednesday - and last several days.

Lalla Khadija's birth follows that of Crown Prince Moulay Hassan, named after King Mohammed's father Hassan II, in May 2003.

The warm reception for the new princess is seen as being in line with the "feminist" views of King Mohammed.

His regime is known as one of the foremost champions of the rights of women in the Arab world, according to analysts in Rabat.

The government has, for instance, reformed family law, raising the age of marriage for women, making polygamy almost impossible and improving the rights of women in situations of divorce.

For weeks already, Morocco had been preparing for the birth of the royal baby. Streets were decorated with flags, lanterns, and flowers, and pavements were repaired in the capital Rabat.

Celebrations, starting Wednesday, are to include the slaughter of sheep, prayers, banquets and music over several days throughout the Alawite kingdom.

In the coming days, Moroccans also expect to see images of the newborn with her mother.

The nation never saw Mohammed's mother, but the king has modernized protocol, giving a discreet public role to his wife Lalla Salma, an attractive red-head engineer whom he married in 2002.

The palace has also sought to reduce the aura of secrecy surrounding royal life, immediately announcing the birth of Lalla Khadija to counter rumours that she had been born days earlier.

Despite the huge gap separating the elite from the poor masses in the kingdom hungry for change, King Mohammed has retained a certain popularity, and the birth of the new princess has been welcomed as a joyful event.

The palace was skilled at protecting the king from criticism by "blaming anything negative on the government," one observer quipped.

I have mixed feelings about the King of Morocco, but a new baby is always good news.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I want a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:crying:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I want a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:crying:

if you have a dodge vehicle, you can always trade it for a baby in denver :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm happy for them. After studying King Mohammad's dad's reign in the kingdom and talking to my husband this king is much MUCH more progressive. Even if changes aren't rapidly occuring there have been improvements. And it's a slow process, as least he's trying. BTW I want to be a princess!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

I agree, Mohammed VI is a million times better than his father Hassan II, who arrested and killed people who were opposed to him, or just kept them in prison for years and tortured them. With Mohammed VI we're seeing a more modern sort of monarchy. He even set up a commission to investigate the human rights violations perpetrated by his father.

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm happy for them. After studying King Mohammad's dad's reign in the kingdom and talking to my husband this king is much MUCH more progressive. Even if changes aren't rapidly occuring there have been improvements. And it's a slow process, as least he's trying. BTW I want to be a princess!

My husband can't stand the monarchy and wish it would be done away with. I don't know anything about Moroccan politics/goverment... :(

Some Moroccans I've talked to believe that Moroccans will only respond to a monarchy, that they have too many disparate interests to be effectively ruled democratically. Doesn't really make sense to me, but I was born and raised in the US... :wacko:

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband was showing me the pics of the King and the new princess the other night. He was shocked to hear the baby was born as this was the first he had heard about it (he reads and watches a lot of Arabic / Moroccan news).

Did you see what the new princess was wearing? I told him it is funny how a baby hours old can wear more expensive clothes than most people.

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.