TaniaG

Past 30 days...better to wait or ask for supervisor review?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi all. My scan date (August 25th) is past 30 days and when I called NVC today they said they can send it for Supervisor Review (which they say will be completed in 45 days or less). (The woman at NVC told me they are behind on the 30 days (although I see people on this getting CC in much less!) and that they are very behind on reviewing DS-260s.)

Does anyone have advice on whether to just wait for the normal review process or tell them to send for Supervisor Review? Thanks!

Hi all. My scan date (August 25th) is past 30 days and when I called NVC today they said they can send it for Supervisor Review (which they say will be completed in 45 days or less). (The woman at NVC told me they are behind on the 30 days (although I see people on this getting CC in much less!) and that they are very behind on reviewing DS-260s.)

Does anyone have advice on whether to just wait for the normal review process or tell them to send for Supervisor Review? Thanks!

Supervisor review is really touchy... I was put on supervisor review on September 16th and my case was completed on the 25th. So, I guess it worked out for me.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

If I were you I would never go for the Supervisor review there are people like me got stuck in that supervisor review and at the same time some people who went for the supervisor review were completed with in a week and its all based on your luck that if you get a good supervisor your case might be reviewed soon or it might take 42 days :(

Did you fallow the NVC procedure what it is mentioned in their website as if you miss any one the step the whole NVC process will be in a big jeopardy as their system is designed in such a way that the whole NVC process is based on the Queue that is when you send any document the clock will reset again and likewise when the CR send it supervisor review then it automatically reset to zero so think twice before you ask for a supervisor review.

Completed agree , supervisor review is a nightmare my case is stock in NVC since July 7 first scan date, checklist recived July 28 documents sending again on 8/2 scan date 8/4 since that date nothing happen with my case , I call may be twice every week to get update but on 9/11 the representative send my case under supervisor review . Well I call last week still the supervisor not even touch my case yet, I summit an expedite request due to my doctor schedule my spinal surgery for 10/19 and I get an email indicatingThey recived my request and is under review They notify when the case is complete, I call this morning again and the representatice told me the supervisor is review my case and my DS-260 but take 42 days to cc.

Hi -

I've already fallen for the "lets pass it along to a supervisor" suggestion from the "helpful" phone agents at the NVC. The first 42 days will soon be up, and so far, no resutls. Does anyone know whether we have the option to take it back out of supervisor review status and just have it put back into the normal processing queque? I'm beginning to dread that it's going to be stuck in limbo now for who knows how long. We are approaching the end of the year, and if they don't do it and get my family interviewed & approved to come to the U.S. by Dec. 31, I won't be able to claim the kids on our tax forms and since I've been scrambling to show enough earnings to be viable as a sponsor, without claiming the kids on our tax forms, I will end up needing to take the money I've been setting aside to get them here and use it instead to cover income taxes I'll no doubt owe if I'm unable to claim them on my tax forms. Can we go back to the standard review process after having been placed in the supervisor review status?

Additionally, I'm wondering whether there might be any way for them to get a standard tourist visa & come to the U.S. ahead of time, so that at least they would be in the country by Dec. 31st. That way, I'd be able to claim them as dependents on my tax forms.

For a bit more background, there's my wife, and two kids - a boy 14 yrs. old, & a daughter who is 16 yrs. old. They've reviewed the paperwork (& apparently approved it) for my wife and the son, but the paperwork for the daughter has been pending now for like a month & a half past the 30 day review period. Everything was done identically on the paperwork for all three, and they were all sent in together in the same packet (though divided into their separate cases in the package). No request for additional information has been received on any of them, and the mother & brother have been reviewed, and I'm told they are on hold for issuance of an appointment at the consulate, until the daughter's paperwork is reviewed. We've been living geographically separated for 2 1/2 years so far, and it appears we're in danger of that becoming 3. It's really wearing on us to have living expenses in two places, and to have to live geographically separated for that long, so I'm looking for possible remedies to break things loose from the current stalled status (nothing lacking so far as we can tell, and no indication of anything out of place... again, the mom's papers & the brothers papers, which I prepared indentically to how I did the daughter's papers, have both been reviewed & apparently approved to proceed to issuance of a consular appointment as soon as the daughter's papers are completed).

Ok, any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

("you're screwed' is not considered a helpful suggestion).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I guess it depends... I was worried too when I called to say that it had been more than 30 days. She right away put my case under supervisor review telling me it could take 42 days. I told her that Iwas confused and did not understand the 42 days. She said do nt worry I do not think it will take that long for your case. One or two days after the website shows "n/a" where it used to say "paid" for the affidavit of support. My husband called and they confirmed that it was case complete. (Still Waiting for an email...)

I guess sometimes they just forget some cases, or they have so many cases to be reviewed that as the lady said by putting it on supervisor review, you "give it a little kick".

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thank you all for the responses. It seems like some people get very lucky and others don't :(

I was put on supervisor review as of September 29. I called my senator's office today to get a request in to them so that they're set to make a request to NVC as soon as the 42 days are up...I'm trying to stay positive but it's hard. It felt like the end was in sight seeing people get their CC at NVC in under 30 days but now it just feels like a black hole.

I hope you all get your CCs soon!!

I guess it depends... I was worried too when I called to say that it had been more than 30 days. She right away put my case under supervisor review telling me it could take 42 days. I told her that Iwas confused and did not understand the 42 days. She said do nt worry I do not think it will take that long for your case. One or two days after the website shows "n/a" where it used to say "paid" for the affidavit of support. My husband called and they confirmed that it was case complete. (Still Waiting for an email...)

I guess sometimes they just forget some cases, or they have so many cases to be reviewed that as the lady said by putting it on supervisor review, you "give it a little kick".

Good luck!

Tania and Syhem- a lot of the people commenting were referring to a supervisor review after getting a checklist, but both of you were/are just waiting for the initial review, correct?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've observed (on these threads) is that the case on supervisor review for initial CC goes significantly faster than when there is a checklist involved. That would explain how Syhem got it done so quickly!

American girl and Swiss/Italian boy who met in San Francisco in 2009, moved to Amsterdam in 2014 and married in Switzerland in 2015. Both living and filed for CR-1 from abroad. (L)

USCIS: California Service Center

07/04/2015: I-130 Sent

07/08/2015: NOA 1

07/30/2015: NOA 2

NVC

08/15/2015: NVC Scan

08/24/2015: NVC Case and IIN Received

08/24/2015: DS-261 Completed

08/24/2015: AOS Fee Received

08/26/2015: AOS Fee Marked as Paid

08/28/2015: IV Fee Received

08/31/2015: AOS Package Scanned

09/02/2015: IV Package Scanned

09/02/2015: IV Fee Marked as Paid

09/02/2015: DS-260 Completed

10/07/2015: NVC flagged for Supervisor Review

10/08/2015: Case Complete!!!

10/09/2015: Interview Date Scheduled

10/13/2015: P4 Interview Letter Received

Consulate

11/10/2015: Medical Appointment

11/17/2015: Interview

EKSwp2.png

@theskeets In my case, if by initial review, you are referring to the the review of the completed materials for the case at the NVC (affidavit of support, financial documents, etc.), then the answer is yes for me as well. There are 3 family members being sponsored, 2 have been reviewed and apparently approved, just waiting for an interview to be scheduled at the consulate, but the 3rd, a 16 yr. old girl, is stuck in limbo, and even the cases for the other 2 family members can't proceed until the 3rd one has also been reviewed. We're at least 45 days or more beyond the initial 30 day period specified, & the case has been passed to 2 different supervisors over a period of time, as I would call to inquire, & each time when asked for a time-frame, they cite the 42 days, and so far nothing has transpired, except it keeps getting bumped out another 42 days each time I try to check on it. So, since we're facing a problem if it doesn't get finished in time for them to be here by year's end, I got a senator involved to try to give them a jolt. We'll see if anything positive comes of it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.