usernamebilly

I-751 October 2015 Filers

599 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

OK my RFE packet is ready to go! This is what I'm sending

· Joint auto insurance statements

· Mortgage statement as evidence of the petitioner purchasing of our current place of residence prior to our marriage.

· Bank statements from our joint bank account

· Copies of beneficiary information for retirement plan.

· Explanation of benefits documenting doctors’ visits by application from petitioners insurance provider from 2014.

· Pay stubs showing joint mailing address.

· Copies of utility and insurance bills showing joint address.

· Correspondence with realtor and inspection agency supporting our current plans to purchase family property

· A copy of the lease agreement for rental property for our wedding

· Copy of travel itineraries for trips taken in 2016 and 2015

· Evidence of shared google calendar and miscellaneous Gmail correspondence.

· Miscellaneous photos from our relationship

Hi,

I filed by the end of October 2015 and got a RFE now.

Originally we submitted:

- Tax returns for 2013 and 2014

- IRS tax return transcripts for 2013 and 2014

- IRS form 9352 for 2013 and 2014

- a letter from the bank saying that we both have a joint account since beginning of 2013

- 18 bank statements

- 12 joint phone bills

- two affidavits (one from building owner where we live)

- lease contracts for 2013 and 2014

What surprises me that the letter from the USCIS says that we didn't send any proof that taxes were submitted. I mean we sent original (not copies) of IRS transcripts and also the 9352 forms which is a receipt from the IRS that taxes were filed.

I'm also surprised that they say that we submitted "A bank statement" and "A phone bill". We submitted 18 bank statements and 12 phone statements and not just "A" respectively.

I don't know what else to send. How else can we prove that we submitted taxes together? Should I send the same stuff again? Another question is - should I send them documents which I sent them previously or only new/additional prove?

Edited by aistea

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

We filed our taxes seperately. Do you think that it's important to file them together?

Hi,

Originally we submitted:

- a letter from the bank saying that we both have a joint account since beginning of 2013

- 18 bank statements

- 12 joint phone bills

What surprises me that the letter from the USCIS says that we didn't send any proof that taxes were submitted. I mean we sent original (not copies) of IRS transcripts and also the 9352 forms which is a receipt from the IRS that taxes were filed.

I'm also surprised that they say that we submitted "A bank statement" and "A phone bill". We submitted 18 bank statements and 12 phone statements and not just "A" respectively.

I don't know what else to send. How else can we prove that we submitted taxes together? Should I send the same stuff again? Another question is - should I send them documents which I sent them previously or only new/additional prove?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi,

Originally we submitted:

- 18 bank statements

- 12 joint phone bills

The officer handling your case must be a lazy bum to miss the transcripts, bank statements, and phone bills. I'd resubmit all of those again plus 2016 continuations.

Secondary evidence but have you guys ever traveled together domestic/international? Photos? Health insurance enrollments? Holiday cards addressed to both of you?

Stupid thing it is Vermont and just as they are slow regular applications, they are also slow processing RFEs. From what I see from other VSC RFE folks, you will potentially wait another 2-3 months after you submit your RFE response. Therefore, if you are planning to apply for naturalization, do so immediately once you become eligible. Don't wait till they process your RFE. Good luck!

The officer handling your case must be a lazy bum to miss the transcripts, bank statements, and phone bills. I'd resubmit all of those again plus 2016 continuations.

Secondary evidence but have you guys ever traveled together domestic/international? Photos? Health insurance enrollments? Holiday cards addressed to both of you?

Stupid thing it is Vermont and just as they are slow regular applications, they are also slow processing RFEs. From what I see from other VSC RFE folks, you will potentially wait another 2-3 months after you submit your RFE response. Therefore, if you are planning to apply for naturalization, do so immediately once you become eligible. Don't wait till they process your RFE. Good luck!

Boy I hope you're right that they just have mishandled some of my evidence. They also haven't mentioned the letter from the bank. I hope that sending them the transcript and bank statements for 2 years will do the trick.

Regarding vacation - unfortunately we haven't travelled together anywhere. We both started our own businesses in the last two years and it's taking too much time away from us. So the evidence I originally submitted is all I got - which hopefully they just have mishandled and would be sufficient otherwise.

We filed our taxes seperately. Do you think that it's important to file them together?

I'm afraid I'm the wrong person to ask. We've filed together and I still got a RFE. I guess they have something like a point system that each document has a specific amount of points and if added together and it reaches a specific number then it's enough. If not -> RFE.

So, I called today and they told me that it says in the system that I was denied last month (August) I said I didnt receive any letter that I got denied and explaining why I was denied. My online status is still "We receive your case Nov 2, 2015 bla bla bla bla" No RFE, no nothing. I asked her questions about why I got denied, or what should be my next step now but she seems like she doesn't know anything. I cant count how many times she said she dont know or its not on the computer. I asked to be transferred to a higher department that would have access to my case but she said no one is available and they will probably just give me a call back tomorrow. Great! So that's my afternoon, how is everyone doing?

Any idea what should we do next? Should I get a lawyer or should I try to schedule an appointment in a Service Center?

I feel so frustrated, help me please!

Journey to citizenship now. Finally the last one!

So, I called today and they told me that it says in the system that I was denied last month (August) I said I didnt receive any letter that I got denied and explaining why I was denied. My online status is still "We receive your case Nov 2, 2015 bla bla bla bla" No RFE, no nothing. I asked her questions about why I got denied, or what should be my next step now but she seems like she doesn't know anything. I cant count how many times she said she dont know or its not on the computer. I asked to be transferred to a higher department that would have access to my case but she said no one is available and they will probably just give me a call back tomorrow. Great! So that's my afternoon, how is everyone doing?

Any idea what should we do next? Should I get a lawyer or should I try to schedule an appointment in a Service Center?

Calm down. Did you follow the info I gave you last time: call first thing in the morning and asked for Tier 2? If the call was later in the day it is possible that Tier 2 queue had gotten too long and they simply couldn't get back to you past 6pm. Call again tomorrow at 8:10am your local time. Tier 2 officer will be able to tell you more.

You need more details from Tier 2, without it, it's not possible to fomulate a workable solution. So get it.

I told you before that I-751 RFEs don't appear in online status. It is possible that an RFE was issued on your case months ago but sent to your old address. You need to find out. The information you see in USCIS online portal is not the authoritative (official) "case status" . The definitive status is based on the official approval/denial/RFE sent to the applicant's address on file.

Suppose that an RFE was issued sometime in April/May 2016 (around the time CSC was processing October 2015 cases), then naturally unless USCIS got your response by the Due Date (usually an applicant is given 60 days to respond) your case can be denied ---yes, failure to respond timely to an RFE is grounds for a denial. Though they usually will wait another couple of months(to give applicant more time) after a non-response, to finally deny a case.

Follow up with Tier 2 , get a copy of any correspondences sent from USCIS to your old address. If it turns out the denial is because of non-response to an RFE, you can try and find proof (confirmation) of your address change submission , and plead your case (get them to set aside the denial and reissue a new RFE).

It is up to you to decide if you need legal counsel to help you (likely need to file a motion to re-open).. But you better act fast because as of the date of the denial, you are "out of status" and accuing unauthorized stays in the US. Also your employment authorization in the US would have ended on that same day as well.

Yndy,

You could also schedule an infopass appointment to get more info, but depending on the availability of your local office you might not get an immediate appointment time. Calling Tier 2 will likely be faster in terms of getting more information on the denial(and the missed RFE). The sooner the better. If you decide to hire an attorney, he/she will need this info in order to assist you.

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'd call them next morning and if you're really denied then I'd get a lawyer asap. They'll handle your case totally different when a lawyer is involved.

Regarding the RFE - I decided to pretty much send them again what they have gotten wrong in the RFE letter:

They say: No transcript

I'll send them

- transcripts

- record off account

- account transcript

They say: Only one bank statement

I'll send them

- 25 full bank statements (all pages)

They say: Only one phone bill

I'll send them

- 24 phone bills (only of first page)

They say: No mentioning of bank letter

I'll send them

- letter from bank that we've had joint account for few years

On top of that I'll send them a bunch of photos.

I hope that's enough. I won't send them anything again which they got right in the RFE letter.

Please let me know folks if you think that it won't be enough.

Edited by aistea

I was thinking. You sent your papers to California. In California most applicants got approved in May. So let's assume you received a RFE in May then you'd have had time till August to reply. You said that you got denied in August and you said that you moved. I can imagine that they sent the RFE to your old address and got denied because they never received a RFE response from you.

I was thinking. You sent your papers to California. In California most applicants got approved in May. So let's assume you received a RFE in May then you'd have had time till August to reply. You said that you got denied in August and you said that you moved. I can imagine that they sent the RFE to your old address and got denied because they never received a RFE response from you.

Turned out they Sent an RFE May 26th on our new address and we never got it. It was stated "Undeliverable" so we never got it. But we called May 27th and they said no update yet and told us to call back 15 days later, so we did call back June 13th and they said that the process is really taking long for them and that they are behind with the processing times, they never mentioned to us that they sent an RFE, they even told us that "that is why we give 1 year extension because it make take that long, so the best thing to do is just wait" So when I called again this last Sept 28th. that's when they said I was denied, and they never told me any reason (they didn't mention that there was RFE sent) I just found out when the letter arrived yesterday. We already scheduled and infopass and we are going today to see if they can let us in today even though our schedule is on Oct 14th. I hope no else will go through this mess.

Journey to citizenship now. Finally the last one!

Turned out they Sent an RFE May 26th on our new address and we never got it. It was stated "Undeliverable" so we never got it. But we called May 27th and they said no update yet and told us to call back 15 days later, so we did call back June 13th and they said that the process is really taking long for them and that they are behind with the processing times, they never mentioned to us that they sent an RFE, they even told us that "that is why we give 1 year extension because it make take that long, so the best thing to do is just wait" So when I called again this last Sept 28th. that's when they said I was denied, and they never told me any reason (they didn't mention that there was RFE sent) I just found out when the letter arrived yesterday. We already scheduled and infopass and we are going today to see if they can let us in today even though our schedule is on Oct 14th. I hope no else will go through this mess.

Very annoying that it happened but it sounds to me like a fixable problem. Good luck!

So i sent off my RFE and they got it today how long will it take VSC to look at it all?

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 2015-10-08

NOA Date : 2015-10-10

Bio. Appt. : 2015-11-12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.