ydaoc

Is it likely we will be deported?

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Iceland
Timeline

Me and my two kids visited my american fiance and we have overstayed on VWP. And we got married on 67th day of stay.

Now trying to AOS. Will this work or are we likely to get deported back to Iceland?

Me and my two kids visited my american fiance and we have overstayed on VWP. And we got married on 67th day of stay.

Now trying to AOS. Will this work or are we likely to get deported back to Iceland?

We also worry because the marriage cert we used to get married we had filed like a year before, can USCIS see this and think we planned this? Which we obviously didnt. My kids just adjusted so well here and it would break our lives and hearts to go back.

Filed: Timeline

Apologize to the American people for breaking the rules of your visa and move on. Since rules and laws don't apply to most people who overstay any how. Apply the appropriate paperwork with the correct fees and hope for the best.

There may need to be some type of paperwork from the children's father that he is consenting to allowing his children to migrate.

Good luck on your journey.

Timeline

I have single custody, so I dont think I need a consent? And even if I did, their dad is gone, like he totally vanished, I'm not joking, authorities are looking for him but they think he went abroad.

Timeline

We have a very legit relationship, he came here first this year for three months, then we came there and stayed.

But we need a joint sponsor which I guess doesnt look good? Will they take my children into consideration when making a decision and are we likely to get denied?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

then get a document from the police saying they are looking for him as just saying this won't fly

you can have a copy of warrant

were you married to him?

is he on birth certificate?

get ready for quesitons and RFE on this issue

We have a very legit relationship, he came here first this year for three months, then we came there and stayed.

But we need a joint sponsor which I guess doesnt look good? Will they take my children into consideration when making a decision and are we likely to get denied?

No father consent, no go.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Why? I have single custody. In any country I know that means I can move whereever I want. I know that is the laws in my country. I should be able to get a draft from the government saying I am free to move whereever I want due to having single custody.
He is on the birth certificate but it says single custody.

And how would this consent look like? I cant get a consent from someone missing. And it isnt the police looking for him, they want child support from him and hes has totally disappeared. He isnt even registered in this country anymore.

And no we were never married. He has never even had a relationship with his youngest. And the left when the oldest was 1½. So he has never even been their dad part from registered as such on the paper. And I have always had single custody and never been married.

Timeline

I have read online that it is my responsibility not to remove the kids from the country, that USCIS isnt responsible for that, so I dont see why I would need a consent, especially not seeing he has never been in their lives and i have single custody.

Timeline

The same government that granted your sole custody must have documented the rights of the father.

They didnt grant sole custody. I decided to have sole custody. Here it is a mother's given right to chose that if unmarried. And what do you mean by documented rights of the father?

As I stated earlier, if you have been granted sole custody of the children, also in that order it will state the fathers rights. The courts would have spelled out your rights and his rights in that order. Produce the court order, than you will have no need to contact the father of the children. It's as simple as that.......

Regarding everything else just file the orrect paperwork along with the correct fees, please rember it is a seperate fee and paperwork for each applicant.

Regarding what others have stated, you are beyond trying to prove non fraudulent behavior unless USCIS request something different.

Edited by Hardfacts123

Timeline

My total apologies, my laptop freaked and I posted in wrong topic!

I am an idiot and I'm sorry, hope all goes well

lol i was like ####### hahahhaha im sorry i ranted, im not having the best of days so sorry i had a strong reaction there

As I stated earlier, if you have been granted sole custody of the children, also in that order it will state the fathers rights. The courts would have spelled out your rights and his rights in that order. Produce the court order, than you will have no need to contact the father of the children. It's as simple as that.......

Regarding everything else just file the orrect paperwork along with the correct fees, please rember it is a seperate fee and paperwork for each applicant.

Regarding what others have stated, you are beyond trying to prove non fraudulent behavior unless USCIS request something different.

Not here, we didnt go to court for custody so it only says "sole custody" on the papers i can get from the government. He never cared about his children so we never had to argue about custody.

Timeline

lol i was like ####### hahahhaha im sorry i ranted, im not having the best of days so sorry i had a strong reaction there

Not here, we didnt go to court for custody so it only says "sole custody" on the papers i can get from the government. He never cared about his children so we never had to argue about custody.

When a woman here is unmarried she gets sole custody automatically at the child's birth. We have to write papers to give the father joint custody which I never did. So the papers only say sole custody.

Than produce the law from your country that states that along with your papers and continue on.

Your in a situation that you must prove to the US that what you are saying is correct. Once an apple is stolen off of a tree you can never put it back to continue in its normal pattern of growth to ripen.

Edited by Hardfacts123

Timeline

I dont know if i can get any other paper than the sole custody paper. i mean i cant get a signature from a man that might be dead, he has vanished into thin air

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.