klang78

Waiting on oath letter after 4 weeks in NYC

27 posts in this topic

Do any of you know how much time USCIS is allowed to take for scheduling the oath ceremony? My wife passed the interview nearly 3 months ago. I called USCIS and was just told that they apparently have 120 days to do this, and after 90 days you can request that they look into it. I'm trying to figure out the same thing here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/568253-no-oath-letter-after-2-months/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Grenada
Timeline

So if that's what they told you then that's what it is. I had my interview Aug 20th and I called and they told me to wait 90 days and if nothing call back. I'm hoping to hear something soon.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Any updates from the others on the oath ceremony? I had my interview on 11/3 and requested a name change. Online status changed to in line on 11/16 but haven't heard anything since. Almost at the one month mark and want to manage my expectations because the waiting game is torture. Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi,I got an update after a looong 90 days. My oath ceremony is this Wednesday, Dec 2nd. Good luck!

Wow that seems crazy long. So happy to hear that you're finally swearing in, congratulations! I guess I'll just wait patiently.... it looks like most people in NYC get oath ceremony within 45 days of interview but with my name change it could definitely take longer, will start to panic after 90 days. Thanks!

Timeline

Thanks! You should start to worry after 90-120 days. That's what the representative told me every time I called to find out the status of my case lol. Maybe IO forgot my file on her desk *shrugs*

I heard name change takes a while,but you were placed in line so you will get another update soon I hope.Good luck and I hope you get an update soon :)

Thanks! You should start to worry after 90-120 days. That's what the representative told me every time I called to find out the status of my case lol. Maybe IO forgot my file on her desk *shrugs*

I heard name change takes a while,but you were placed in line so you will get another update soon I hope.Good luck and I hope you get an update soon :)

congratulations ??????

Timeline

Guys I had my oath ceremony yesterday. I am a US citizen now. It lasted 4 hours and it was a wonderful experience. Good luck to all who are waiting on oath letter :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.