irene98

K1-Visa "Ready" what does it mean?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had my interview last 09/08/2015 and the counselor told me everything looks good and I'm approved. I should just wait for the visa and I was sent home. 3 days after i checked the CEAC and status is AP then 1 day after changed to "READY" but its for interview unlike from what I see from other people "ready" (your case is open). What does this mean? I attached a photo of the status I hope you can help me. its been 8 days after my interview. Thanks

post-218319-0-50868700-1442411113_thumb.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your case is doing fine.

The status is normal.

No one can tell you exactly when it will change to "Issued" but hopefully any day now.

Here is a thread on that subject in detail.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/424943-ceac-status-readywhat-does-it-mean/

Timeline

That looks different from ours. Yours is saying "ready for interview."

Sadly we've been waiting over a month since interview for any change to occur, and we were told approved. They changed us to "ready" on September 8th and yet... still nothing.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee interviewed 9/9 and was approved.

On the ceac website I have seen the status for the visa show "ready" for interview as well as just "ready"

Personally awaiting the visa to be issued. Some people have had to wait a full month.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

I got my interview last sept 15th and a day after my interview ( sept 16 ) the status changed to ready " open case" then today ( sept 17 ) AP.

Im freaking out hope it will change to Issued anytime soon!

God bless us all!

I got my interview last sept 15th and a day after my interview ( sept 16 ) the status changed to ready " open case" then today ( sept 17 ) AP.

God bless us all!

God bless us all!

God bless us all!

The visa processing steps after visa interview are as follows:

The first AP is the immigration unit doing the paperwork for approving the visa
The first READY is a notice that they are finished and the paperwork is being sent for visa issuance
The second AP is the visa issuance people doing their own paperwork
The second READY is that the visa has been issued and is currently being processed for delivery

Next it will be ISSUED which it is being released for delivery and has left the building with 2go.

No one can tell anyone when they will get there visa. There has been some who received in two days and others more than three months. Normal delivery is around 3 weeks if the sun, moon and mars are lined up so don’t run out and buy any airline tickets till your visa is in your hands.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

if that is the process how come my status went to ready for interview then READY OPEN CASE then AP?

mine got ready for ready open case followed by ap

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The visa processing steps after visa interview are as follows:

The first AP is the immigration unit doing the paperwork for approving the visa

The first READY is a notice that they are finished and the paperwork is being sent for visa issuance

The second AP is the visa issuance people doing their own paperwork

The second READY is that the visa has been issued and is currently being processed for delivery

Next it will be ISSUED which it is being released for delivery and has left the building with 2go.

No one can tell anyone when they will get there visa. There has been some who received in two days and others more than three months. Normal delivery is around 3 weeks if the sun, moon and mars are lined up so dont run out and buy any airline tickets till your visa is in your hands.

Well after my husband's interview Friday it went straight to AP and Tuesday issued. I didn't see the READY as you've stated. Also Monday it updated to AP again.

if that is the process how come my status went to ready for interview then READY OPEN CASE then AP?

mine got ready for ready open case followed by ap

Well after my husband's interview Friday it went straight to AP and Tuesday issued. I didn't see the READY as you've stated. Also Monday it updated to AP again.

The different processing status will CAN appear and disappear within minutes of each other. If you are not following your process 24 hours a day, you will miss them. Relax. Let the process work. Why the need for everything to fall inline sensibly. It will not. If you can figure this out, you'll be the first.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

i was wondering only how did you get that process

i was checking my status like every hour right after my interview.

im pretty sure the first thing happened is 'ready open to case' in my case

i was wondering only how did you get that process

i was checking my status like every hour right after my interview.

im pretty sure the first thing happened is 'ready open to case' in my case

I have not allowed the possibility that they have changed the wording when issuing updates. Yours could very well have said "ready open to case" in during your case processing. But, I have not heard from others have experienced either way.

Keep us updated to the different changes. My information comes from my experience asking the CO during my wives interview, but that was 2 years ago so thing may have changed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

i read from other site that few people have the same status with mine. From ready open to case then AP. Mostly they are from 2013, 2014, 2015

good luck to us

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had my interview last 09/08/2015 and the counselor told me everything looks good and I'm approved. I should just wait for the visa and I was sent home. 3 days after i checked the CEAC and status is AP then 1 day after changed to "READY" but its for interview unlike from what I see from other people "ready" (your case is open). What does this mean? I attached a photo of the status I hope you can help me. its been 8 days after my interview. Thanks

Relax that is normal,many have had that message after their interview, nothing to get excited about. Soon it will go to ISSUED

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.