starlisle

upset about co-sponsor

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

So his parents said his dad doesnt pay taxes (when I know he does, he told me before).

I guess they just dont want to help us be together.

And we dont know anyone else that would help us.

He earns like at least $2400 a month which should be enough for supporting himself, me and my child right?

But the problem is he has only had the job for five months. And he is just about now to sort his taxes out and pay them.

Could he still be allowed to be our sponsor or do we really need a co-sponsor?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

For a family of 3, he needs a minimum of $25,112. And if he earns $2400/month then that would mean he makes a yearly income of $28,800 which puts him over the minimum required.

They look at his current income i.e. income he will be earning in the coming year so I think it should be fine. Just be sure to provide evidence of this ongoing income with employment letter (stating his salary) and recent pay stubs.

Has he had an income in the last 3 years and filed taxes? He'll need to report that on the form. If he didn't file taxes in the previous years, he'll need to write a letter with an explanation as to why he wasn't required to file (too little income, student etc.)

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

Timeline

For a family of 3, he needs a minimum of $25,112. And if he earns $2400/month then that would mean he makes a yearly income of $28,800 which puts him over the minimum required.

They look at his current income i.e. income he will be earning in the coming year so I think it should be fine. Just be sure to provide evidence of this ongoing income with employment letter (stating his salary) and recent pay stubs.

Has he had an income in the last 3 years and filed taxes? He'll need to report that on the form. If he didn't file taxes in the previous years, he'll need to write a letter with an explanation as to why he wasn't required to file (too little income, student etc.)

He is a subcontractor and doesnt get pay stubs he said, what does this mean? Does this make it impossible for us? Can he take copies of his checks for like two months and submit that? Also do we have to submit this with the I129F or when I am going to the interview at the embassy?

He is just about to call IRS and ask them how he does with his tax and pay it, as he only had his job for like 5 months.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

You should read the above guide. The affidavit of support is for after the I-129F is approved. You will be submitting it to the embassy.

If he's a subcontractor -- does that mean he is self-employed?

If he has any assets/bank balance then he can use that as well.

It's really up to the CO if they will approve your visa based on your husband's income or they may ask you to bring a co-sponsor. It may be best to line one up so you don't delay your case.

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Needs to talk to his CPA, should be able to produce records substantiating his come and deductions.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

You should read the above guide. The affidavit of support is for after the I-129F is approved. You will be submitting it to the embassy.

If he's a subcontractor -- does that mean he is self-employed?

If he has any assets/bank balance then he can use that as well.

It's really up to the CO if they will approve your visa based on your husband's income or they may ask you to bring a co-sponsor. It may be best to line one up so you don't delay your case.

He gets paid by the hour, and gets a check every week, he doesnt have his own business. Dont know why they call it subcontractor.

He doesnt even have an employment letter, but i think he might be able to get one, do you know what it has to say?

Timeline

Needs to talk to his CPA, should be able to produce records substantiating his come and deductions.

He doesnt have a CPA, he manages his own economy and he doesnt have a business, but he gets paid weekly and he doesnt have like insurance by his job, in fact he hasnt got an insurance at all.

How does he start paying taxes, is it just to call IRS?

This sounds like it'll be very complicated over all.

As for paystubs, paystubs aren't always like the paper attached to the check. Most companys can just print out the payroll history for the person.

An employer letter will say his position, when he started working at the business, if he's a temporary or permanent employer and his annual pay per year from the employer and/or how much he gets paid on a monthly basis from the employer. Usually you'd want it on company letter head as well.

Remember, if you plan to use this guy to co-sponsor for your AOS then all of his tax stuff and even proof of employment and paystubs are going to need to be even more on the spot.

Honestly it sounds like he's working under the table.

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He doesnt have a CPA, he manages his own economy and he doesnt have a business, but he gets paid weekly and he doesnt have like insurance by his job, in fact he hasnt got an insurance at all.

How does he start paying taxes, is it just to call IRS?

He sounds like an employee, or he is in business for himself, it is one or the other.

The fact that you are here asking suggests that he does need a CPA, most Americans needs help filing taxes.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Honestly it sounds like he's working under the table.

It sounds like it to me too. I don't know how he can proceed any further without getting a legitimate job. It explains why he can't ask his company for a payroll summary and why he hasn't filed taxes.

2015-03-07: Got engaged (L)

2015-03-30: Sent I-129F to Dallas lockbox

2015-04-14: NOA1 Packet received, sent to CSC

2015-05-07: NOA2 Approved!

2015-06-15: Received Packet 3 by mail

2015-06-17: Sent Packet 3 to Consulate

2015-07-14: Received Packet 4

2015-08-10: Medical in Toronto

2015-08-16: Received medical envelope

2015-08-24: Montreal interview- APPROVED!

2015-08-27: Visa arrives at Loomis location

2015-08-28: Visa in hand!

2015-09-17: Entered USA

2015-10-23: Married!

2016-01-11: Sent AOS Package I-485, I-765, I-131

2016-01-21: NOA1 Package received

2016-02-19: Biometrics

2016-04-01: AOS interview- APPROVED!

2016-04-07: 2 yr cond green card in hand

2018-03-12: sent ROC

2018-03-19: NOA date, 2018-03-24 letter rec'd

2018-05-18: Biometrics appt waived

2019-06-04 New biometrics letter received

2019-06-10 Biometrics

2019-06-18 ROC Approved
2019-06-25 10 year Green Card in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.