rmcke001

Visa denial inquiry

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Checking '"yes" to drug use when it was weed over a year ago was totally unnecessary TMI. What's done is done. I wish you the best.

In Jamaica on the medical history form it specifically asks about past drug use. Being honest is always the right way to go. OP, you did the right thing.

Actually am looking up tickets but to my understanding. I am not allowed at the interview.

Jamaican embassy speaking of

It sounds to me like the embassy is changing the way they do things bit by bit. K1 Petitioners are now being allowed into the embassy for interviews. In the past they were not.

I have direct experience with Ganja charges, past ganja use, bans and denials so OP feel free to PM me.

In my opinion, from what I am seeing here and because of recent law changes both in JA and USA, procedures relating to marijuana are changing within the Kingston embassy. Good news for those in that situation, I think.

Best of luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I wonder what would happen with a marijuana using applicant who's married to a Colorado resident. Weed is legal there now, and there are stores that sell it in almost every town.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2014-09-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-08 I-130

I-130 Appr5oved : 2015-02-22

NVC Received : 2015-03-09

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-03-20

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-03-28

Send AOS Package : 2015-04-28

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-25

Receive IV Bill : 2015-04-14

Pay IV Bill : 2015-04-22

Send IV Package : 2015-04-28

Scanned date: 2015-04-28

Check list : 2015-06-07

Check list scanned: 2015-06-10

Sent to Supervisor 49 days after scanned: 2015-07-28

Case Complete 7 days after it went to Supervisor: 2015-08-05

Interview Appointment Letter from NVC: 2015-13-10

Case shows as READY 2015-10-19

Medical done: 2015-16-11

Interview Date: 2015-11-18

APPROVED....GOD IS GREAT!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY! :goofy:

Case changed from "Ready" to "AP" on 19th, then to "Issued" on 22nd

Visa was ready for pick up November 3rd in the afternoon

VISA IN HAND! THANK YOU GOD!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I wonder what would happen with a marijuana using applicant who's married to a Colorado resident. Weed is legal there now, and there are stores that sell it in almost every town.

From what lawyers tell me until its US federally accepted it won't help at all, state laws mean nothing in immigration.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

From what lawyers tell me until its US federally accepted it won't help at all, state laws mean nothing in immigration.

Ah ha...well I imagine it's going to be a very long time before marijuana is legalized by the federal government.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2014-09-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-08 I-130

I-130 Appr5oved : 2015-02-22

NVC Received : 2015-03-09

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-03-20

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-03-28

Send AOS Package : 2015-04-28

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-25

Receive IV Bill : 2015-04-14

Pay IV Bill : 2015-04-22

Send IV Package : 2015-04-28

Scanned date: 2015-04-28

Check list : 2015-06-07

Check list scanned: 2015-06-10

Sent to Supervisor 49 days after scanned: 2015-07-28

Case Complete 7 days after it went to Supervisor: 2015-08-05

Interview Appointment Letter from NVC: 2015-13-10

Case shows as READY 2015-10-19

Medical done: 2015-16-11

Interview Date: 2015-11-18

APPROVED....GOD IS GREAT!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY! :goofy:

Case changed from "Ready" to "AP" on 19th, then to "Issued" on 22nd

Visa was ready for pick up November 3rd in the afternoon

VISA IN HAND! THANK YOU GOD!

Filed: Timeline

If the beneficiary indicated on his medical that he has used illegal substance, the US immigration law allows the embassy to Denied the visa with a one year ban before the party can reapply for any type of visa for entry into the US.

There is nothing you can do to change this now. Be prepare to sit out and reapply in a years time.

Good luck going forward in your immigration journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well 2 days countdown down to my husband's interview. I will be happy to share the good news after his interview this Friday. I thank all of u for your comments.

Timeline

So my husband said he was asked about 5 questions. None of them about smoking. Unfortunately one of his questions led to him needing to provide 1 document. He said they took his passport and gave him the white sheet.upon providing that doc his visa will be granted.

By the ways thanks be to the Almighty God.

Timeline

So my husband said he was asked about 5 questions. None of them about smoking. Unfortunately one of his questions led to him needing to provide 1 document. He said they took his passport and gave him the white sheet.upon providing that doc his visa will be granted.

By the ways thanks be to the Almighty God.

Congrats!

Timeline

Does anyone have experience of rescheduling appts at Jamaica embassy? Once I provide the document requested on the 221 form I am just trying to figure if they give u the appt or u choose a date.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Actually am looking up tickets but to my understanding. I am not allowed at the interview.

Jamaican embassy speaking of

u r right. U will not be allowed to go in. You can journey to the embassy with him though, if he's faced with any difficulties during the interview he can make it known to the IO that my spouse is here . Then they will send n call u from the outside if they need u. All the best

Two souls ? with but a single thought, two ? that beat as one. M & K ?

Timeline

I've been here a year n my spouse has never visited me. He purchased a cruise for our Anniversay n I was unable to go as advise by our lawyer that it's best if I wait in Jamaica until process is complete, but we'll still b able to go though. Anyway he purchased A ticket to visit me in October but never came as he did not do proper planning n missed flight. I'm not sure if he will be able to visit before I get to interview stage. My concern is if I'll be denied visa as a result of none of us visiting each other since we got married. I can provide phone records that we communicate everyday. I'm now at Nvc stage. Any advise? Thanks in advance

Timeline

u r right. U will not be allowed to go in. You can journey to the embassy with him though, if he's faced with any difficulties during the interview he can make it known to the IO that my spouse is here . Then they will send n call u from the outside if they need u. All the best

PLEASE IGNORE. Thanks. Just realised I'm behind

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I've been here a year n my spouse has never visited me. He purchased a cruise for our Anniversay n I was unable to go as advise by our lawyer that it's best if I wait in Jamaica until process is complete, but we'll still b able to go though. Anyway he purchased A ticket to visit me in October but never came as he did not do proper planning n missed flight. I'm not sure if he will be able to visit before I get to interview stage. My concern is if I'll be denied visa as a result of none of us visiting each other since we got married. I can provide phone records that we communicate everyday. I'm now at Nvc stage. Any advise? Thanks in advance

It all depends how long it has been since you saw each other. The whole evidence and interview is about the beneficiary convincing the CO you are real and bonafide. You are months away from a interview IO hope your husband can make it then.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.