Saylin

NVC Filers - September 2015

932 posts in this topic

Hello vjfamily

I just got an email from NVC that they recieved my package on the 14th of September and that i should allow 30days to review, my question is, would the 14th be my scan sate. thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello vjfamily

I just got an email from NVC that they recieved my package on the 14th of September and that i should allow 30days to review, my question is, would the 14th be my scan sate. thanks

Yupp, that is your scan date :) Good luck!

Timeline

Congrats to the ones that got their CC last week :) That's some awesome news! We are on our 11th day of review now :P Hopefullly the trend of 21 days stays like this also for us! Hihi

Timeline

My scan date is 14th sept as well.

Can't wait for a cc after 3 checklists :(

I'm sorry to hear that! But be positive! The CC will come for you as well :)

May I ask what were the checklists for? I'm scared of getting one and always thinking if we sent everything, if it makes sense to them, if we filled out the form properly etc etc.

I'm sorry to hear that! But be positive! The CC will come for you as well :)

May I ask what were the checklists for? I'm scared of getting one and always thinking if we sent everything, if it makes sense to them, if we filled out the form properly etc etc.

First was for aos docs. Then we got a checklist for iv fee but that was none of our fault it wasnt available to pay. It took us 2,months to fill out our ds260 n to pay iv fee. And when we were near to case complete we got a checklist for marriage certificate which we already sent in iv package but I suppose they lost it so we have to sent it back in august. Unlucklily the docs were not received by nvc or may be they were lost. Then we sent another package which was received by them on 14th so hoping for a cc this time. Had been so unlucky at nvc.

So i resent the aos/civil docs by email. I just recived an email from nvc giving me my scan date on sept 3 . However, when i called them on mon they said my can is under superbisor review on sept 11. So do you think im going to hear something from them soon or its going to take longer? My old scan date was july 10?

Hi, do you get checklisted if you send the package with the aos barcode after paying aos fee and ds261 then send then get delayed for paying iv fee and filling ds260? Do you have to complete ds260 before they receive/ start reviewing your docs? Would it be ideal to send the package right after aos and ds261 review with agent? Thank you!

I-130 Sent : 2015-08-04

I-130 NOA1 : 2015-08-06

I-130 Approved : 2015-09-01

Case Sent to NVC: 2015-09-16

Received by NVC: 2015-09-24

Case # assigned: 2015-10-05

DS-261 filled: 2015-10-05

AoS fee available: 2015-10-06

AoS fee showed paid: 2015-10-07

DS-261 reviewed over the phone: 2015-10-06

Agent registration email: 2015-10-05

IV fee available: 2015-10-08

IV fee paid: 2015-10-08

IV fee showed paid: 2015-10-10

AoS and IV package Sent: 2015-10-08

AoS and IV package received: 2015-10-13

DS-260 filled out 2015-10-10

Scan date: 2015-10-13

Case Completed: 2015-11-14

Interview: had to cancel for medical 2016-01-07

Medical Exam: 2015-12-11

Sputum Test: 3 days 2015-12-(15-17)

Result: Negative on initial smear 2016-02-15

Interview USEM 2016-02-17

Visa Status: ISSUED 2016-02-19

Visa on hand 2016-02-24 :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Yesterday I called NVC to check if my packages are reviewed but the rep told me as they didn't get my police certificate and to send it as soon as possible. When I check with my wife she also told me as she forget to include it with the package. Shall I send the police certificate or I have to wait till I receive a checklist mail??

Timeline

First was for aos docs. Then we got a checklist for iv fee but that was none of our fault it wasnt available to pay. It took us 2,months to fill out our ds260 n to pay iv fee. And when we were near to case complete we got a checklist for marriage certificate which we already sent in iv package but I suppose they lost it so we have to sent it back in august. Unlucklily the docs were not received by nvc or may be they were lost. Then we sent another package which was received by them on 14th so hoping for a cc this time. Had been so unlucky at nvc.

Oh waw! That's quite a journey :/ I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, so you guys can finish with this NVC! Just stay positive! Best of luck and keep us updated!

Timeline

Hi, do you get checklisted if you send the package with the aos barcode after paying aos fee and ds261 then send then get delayed for paying iv fee and filling ds260? Do you have to complete ds260 before they receive/ start reviewing your docs? Would it be ideal to send the package right after aos and ds261 review with agent? Thank you!

Hi! There were cases here on VJ with people getting checklisted because they sent the packages to NVC before they paid the IV Fee and filled out the DS-260. You need to have the IV fee as PAID and the DS-260 as Completed before they start reviewing your docs. Otherwise, you might get a checklist. I think it all depends, but then again you never know when they start reviewing your docs and/or if they release the IV fee in due time..

We just sent off the packages after we paid the IV fee and filled out DS-260, to be on the safe side.

Hi! There were cases here on VJ with people getting checklisted because they sent the packages to NVC before they paid the IV Fee and filled out the DS-260. You need to have the IV fee as PAID and the DS-260 as Completed before they start reviewing your docs. Otherwise, you might get a checklist. I think it all depends, but then again you never know when they start reviewing your docs and/or if they release the IV fee in due time..

We just sent off the packages after we paid the IV fee and filled out DS-260, to be on the safe side.

Thanks lonelaC

Ive been reading alot and i can see post saying send Packages now. or ASAP. so i really dont know which one i would do. but anyways thanks for your honest and on safe side opinion :)

I-130 Sent : 2015-08-04

I-130 NOA1 : 2015-08-06

I-130 Approved : 2015-09-01

Case Sent to NVC: 2015-09-16

Received by NVC: 2015-09-24

Case # assigned: 2015-10-05

DS-261 filled: 2015-10-05

AoS fee available: 2015-10-06

AoS fee showed paid: 2015-10-07

DS-261 reviewed over the phone: 2015-10-06

Agent registration email: 2015-10-05

IV fee available: 2015-10-08

IV fee paid: 2015-10-08

IV fee showed paid: 2015-10-10

AoS and IV package Sent: 2015-10-08

AoS and IV package received: 2015-10-13

DS-260 filled out 2015-10-10

Scan date: 2015-10-13

Case Completed: 2015-11-14

Interview: had to cancel for medical 2016-01-07

Medical Exam: 2015-12-11

Sputum Test: 3 days 2015-12-(15-17)

Result: Negative on initial smear 2016-02-15

Interview USEM 2016-02-17

Visa Status: ISSUED 2016-02-19

Visa on hand 2016-02-24 :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks lonelaC

Ive been reading alot and i can see post saying send Packages now. or ASAP. so i really dont know which one i would do. but anyways thanks for your honest and on safe side opinion :)

I sent the documents before Iv fee was available and before Ds 260 was filled, but i called nvc and asked them if it was ok to do so and if it would delay my process, they said no it should be fine. So I hope they didn't review my case before I sent in the Ds 260. I think if the difference is less than two weeks it should be fine, but I think it is safer to pay the fee and fill Ds 260 first. That is just my opinion .I took the risk and I m hoping it is worthed it.

Edited by Hassan&Amina

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.