Natepartlan

K1 Easier Documentation Checklist?

15 posts in this topic

First let me say a huge thank you to Hank's and Greenbaum's sites. They are a wealth of information for this confusing process.

However, as great as they are, they try to cram a huge amount of information into as efficient a presentation as possible. What I am going to post and question below was born out of an attempt to get my arms around what documents needed to be original and which could be copies. It evolved slightly into trying to become a simplified checklist of all the documents from initial 129F to POE (blame the engineer in me). I tend to think of it as a supplement to be used IN ADDITION TO (not in place of) Hank's and Greenbaum's sites.

I'd like everyone to first off correct any mistakes, and secondly offer up any improvements that could then possibly make this into a stickie or added to the aforementioned gentlemen's websites.

129F package

A. 129F form (original)

B. 129F cover letter (original)

C. G-1145 form (original)

D. Petitioner’s birth certificate (front and back copy)

E. Petitioner’s LOI (original)

F. Petitioner’s G-325a (original)

G. Petitioner’s passport/visa photos x1 (original)

H. Beneficiary’s LOI (original)

I. Beneficiary’s G-325a (original)

J. Beneficiary’s passport/visa photos x1 (original)

K. I and J for any K2 derivatives

L. Proof of marriage termination (copy)

M. Evidence of having met in person within the past 2 years (copy)

N. Evidence of name change or alias *

O. Proof of ongoing relationship (copy)

P. Petitioner’s Affidavit of Support (original)

St Luke’s Medical

Day 1

A. DS-160 confirmation page with barcode (copy print from website)

B. USEM appointment confirmation (copy print from website)

C. Passport (original)

D. Beneficiary’s and derivative’s visa photos x3 (original)

E. Previous chest x-rays if available (copy)

F. Official medical records of beneficiary’s vaccinations and history if available (copy)

G. Official medical records of derivative’s vaccinations and history if available (copy)

H. Knowledge of start/stop of last menstruation cycle

Day 2

I. Passport (original)

J. Appointment confirmation letter (original AND copy OR 2 copies printed from email/website)

K. SLEC official payment receipt (original)

L. DS-160 confirmation page with barcode (copy print from website)

CFO

With OR without Visa

A. CFO website appointment confirmation page with barcode (copy print from website)

B. 2 valid photo IDs (original AND copy)

C. Completed guidance and counseling form (original filled on-site)

D. Marriage contract or Report of Marriage (original AND copy) *

E. Other documents as asked for by counselors (wow, could you BE more vague?!)

WITH Visa

F. Passport (original AND copy)

G. Visa (original AND copy)

H. Immigrant Data Summary for US bound (original AND copy) *

I. Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada bound (original AND copy) *

J. Certificate of Eligibility for Japan bound (original AND copy) *

K. Certificate of CFO Guidance and Counseling completion (original)

L. Completed immigrant registration form (original filled beforehand or on-site)

USEM Interview

A. DS-160 confirmation page with barcode (copy print from website)

B. Visa fee paid receipt (copy print from website; marked by BPI)

C. Passport (original, duh)

D. Birth Certificate (original from NSO on security paper)

E. NBI Clearance (original)

a. Other police certificates from living abroad 6 mos or more (original)*

b. Court and/or prison records (original) *

c. Military and/or police service records (original) *

F. Evidence of engagement (varies)

G. Proof of marriage termination (copy)

H. CENOMAR (original from NSO on security paper)

I. Evidence of support (copy)

J. Beneficiary’s and derivative’s visa photos x3 (original)

K. DHS documents as required (original) *

L. St Luke’s SEALED Medical Exam report (original)

NAIA aiport

A. Passport with CFO sticker

B. Tickets

POE

A. SEALED packet from USEM

B. Passport with visa

Note: Items marked with * appear to be optional depending on your own personal situation; without * appear to be mandatory for all people.

Questions:

1. Does the petitioner need copy of back of birth certificate if it is absolutely blank? (I guess this is a dumb question; just copy the blank back and send it in so there’s no potential issue)

2. Seems like USEM Interview Item F (evidence of engagement) is same as 129F Items E, H, & O (LOI and proof of relationship). Correct?

3. Seems like USEM Interview Item G (proof of marriage termination) is same as 129F Item L (proof of marriage termination). Correct?

4. Seems like USEM Interview Item I (evidence of support) is same as 129F Item P (affidavit of support). Correct?

5. CFO does not specify number of copies. Is it just 1?

6. I have seen conflicting quantities of pictures required so I plan 2 for 129F, 2 for Medical, and 2 for USEM; any issue with that?

7. I guess USEM Interview Item J will be included in the USEM Interview Item L sealed report that was received at the end of the Medical Exam? Correct?

8. Please list reported examples of CFO Item E.

9. How detailed to get on 129F, “How you met” question? I have, “Met online Aug 2014; communicated online nearly daily; visited her Nov 2014; visited again Apr 2015.” I guess based on the new reports of RFEs, I should add met online on Match.com? Does USCIS know Match is not a marriage broker?

10. For the 129F Items B, E, & H (cover letter and LOI), does everyone use the same canned letter or try to jazz it up into something different or more personal?

Thanks so much for everyone's indulgence!

Edited by Natepartlan

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

need letters of intent to marry in US within 90 days of arrival.

Both need to write one up

Best to get a notarized signature but some have not and gotten thru

CFO item E / emails/ cards/ phone call records/ SMS messages/ a few chats from varied dates/ anything that shows constant correspondence

I 129---- KISS

Keep it simple stupid (not an insult just a saying i use)

don't jazz anything up

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For CFO if the applicant is under age of 25 but over age of 21, you need a Affidavit of Advice letter filled out by beneficiary and family, notarized. If they are 18 to 21, they need Affidavit of Support from the family, again notarized. A lot of people don't see that in guides and often causes a roadblock.

For CFO if the applicant is under age of 25 but over age of 21, you need a Affidavit of Advice letter filled out by beneficiary and family, notarized. If they are 18 to 21, they need Affidavit of Support from the family, again notarized. A lot of people don't see that in guides and often causes a roadblock.

Ah yes! I did read that and forgot. Why CFO doesn't add it to their list of required docs is just another example of philippines beauracracy run amok.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I made my own list also because it's hard to find one. I post it when people ask what they need. Sometimes because just want a list, not really how to get the items.

I'd get behind a stickie.

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i like comprehensive lists.

Could you make a wiki entry with yer list ? we have a wiki here, easily editable anytime.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did not include I, J, P on my I -129F packet. Haven't read to include those anywhere My K2 are listed on my I 129f form.

AOS/ AED/ AP:

(California Service Center, Chula Vista, San Diego, CA)

Filed: Aug 29

Receipt Date: Sept 2

NOA 1 Date: Sept 12 (received text/email)

NOA 1 copy rcvd: Sept 16

Biometrics Notice Date: Sept 17, received Sept 24

Biometrics Sched: Oct 5

Successful walk-in: Sept 26

Oct 13- Case ready to be scheduled for interview

EAD/AP approved - Nov. 1/2 / Received EAD/ AP Combo Card- Nov. 15

50days from NOA1/ 64 days from receipt date.

January 30-  USCIS Ap update, Interview sched on March 3, 2017

Jan 31 - received USCIS letter/ Notice for interview 

March 3- Interview, approved on the Spot

March 8 - received GC

Dec 2018 - To file ROC

My Blogs:

I-129F Petition Process

Medical Requirements

Medical Exam Experience

US Embassy Manila K1/K2 Interview Preparation Requirements and Instructions

Interview (K1 with 2 K2s)

CFO Guidance and Counseling (applicable to applicant from Philippines only)

My K1 Visa Journey

8 August 2015 - Sent I-129F Packet thru USPS

17 August 2015 - I -797C Notice date

20 August 2015 - Received printed copy of NOA1 dated Aug 17.

2 September 2015 - APPROVED! (14 working days from receipt date)

Dec. 21-22 - Medical DONE!

Jan 11, 2016 - Interview- APPROVED!

Jan 15 - Visa ISSUED!

Jan 21 - VISA ON HAND! (8 working days from interview)

March 21 - CFO / PDOS for K2s

June 1, 2016 - POE

July 18, 2016 - Married

I am his and he is mine from this day until the end of my days..

Timeline

129F package - P. Petitioners Affidavit of Support (original)

is dead wrong to include the I-134 in the I-129F submittal.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I did not include I, J, P on my I -129F packet. Haven't read to include those anywhere My K2 are listed on my I 129f form.

The list he is compiling includes other Embassy's so don't be confused if he states for example Japan. If you are not dealing with the Embassy in Japan you can ignore. I am more incline to see a list for the Philippines Embassy process. But there are some good points to his list.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

eh - i would break it down, instead, to

1. petition

2. visa application

3. cool yet goofy stuff anciliary to visa application whilst chasing visa application

4. interview day checklist

5. post-interview day calendar of fun stuff to do.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the clarification greenbaum. I am confident with what we submitted and my fiance was telling me it was too much. Well, we just have to go thru the process and learn more as we go along.

Good morning everyone.. And it's goodnight for me. :)

AOS/ AED/ AP:

(California Service Center, Chula Vista, San Diego, CA)

Filed: Aug 29

Receipt Date: Sept 2

NOA 1 Date: Sept 12 (received text/email)

NOA 1 copy rcvd: Sept 16

Biometrics Notice Date: Sept 17, received Sept 24

Biometrics Sched: Oct 5

Successful walk-in: Sept 26

Oct 13- Case ready to be scheduled for interview

EAD/AP approved - Nov. 1/2 / Received EAD/ AP Combo Card- Nov. 15

50days from NOA1/ 64 days from receipt date.

January 30-  USCIS Ap update, Interview sched on March 3, 2017

Jan 31 - received USCIS letter/ Notice for interview 

March 3- Interview, approved on the Spot

March 8 - received GC

Dec 2018 - To file ROC

My Blogs:

I-129F Petition Process

Medical Requirements

Medical Exam Experience

US Embassy Manila K1/K2 Interview Preparation Requirements and Instructions

Interview (K1 with 2 K2s)

CFO Guidance and Counseling (applicable to applicant from Philippines only)

My K1 Visa Journey

8 August 2015 - Sent I-129F Packet thru USPS

17 August 2015 - I -797C Notice date

20 August 2015 - Received printed copy of NOA1 dated Aug 17.

2 September 2015 - APPROVED! (14 working days from receipt date)

Dec. 21-22 - Medical DONE!

Jan 11, 2016 - Interview- APPROVED!

Jan 15 - Visa ISSUED!

Jan 21 - VISA ON HAND! (8 working days from interview)

March 21 - CFO / PDOS for K2s

June 1, 2016 - POE

July 18, 2016 - Married

I am his and he is mine from this day until the end of my days..

The list he is compiling includes other Embassy's so don't be confused if he states for example Japan. If you are not dealing with the Embassy in Japan you can ignore. I am more incline to see a list for the Philippines Embassy process. But there are some good points to his list.

I intended to be Philippines only but left in the CFO stuff for other countries. Guess since we're in the Philippines forum it would make sense to delete those references.

Re: 129F Item I, I took it right from the 129F instructions file 8a.

"Submit 2 completed and signed Forms G-325a, Biographic Information; one for you and one for your beneficiary."

Item J is Line 8b,

"Submit a passport-style color photograph of yourself and a passport-style color photograph of your beneficiary . . . . ."

Item P must have been a mistake in my long list gathering.

Timeline

ya, move item P to USEM Interview but make dead certain that I-134 has original signature, no scan/printed, no photocopies, no faxes - needs a 'wet signature'.

I'm not able to edit my original post, but I am including everyone's updates in my Word doc.

We'll give it a few days and I'll post it up for continued commentary.

Timeline

COOL.

you study the wiki here at VJ? I ask you to make a wiki account and a wiki entry there, when yer ready.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.