amida

MMR vaccine and civil surgeon question (split from pinned thread)

8 posts in this topic

I got my MMR vaccine on International Certificate of Vaccination (Yellow Card) because that vaccine wasn't avaiable during my K-1 interview in the Embassy. Would that be okay or do I need to visit Civil Surgeon? I thought it would be okay since it's international document

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You need to see a civil surgeon and get the vaccinations transcribed onto an I-693. As the post points out, it needs to be marked off on a properly filled out DS-3025 at the time of the K-1 medical or you need the I-693.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You need to see a civil surgeon and get the vaccinations transcribed onto an I-693. As the post points out, it needs to be marked off on a properly filled out DS-3025 at the time of the K-1 medical or you need the I-693.

I am filling my documents for AOS in few days. I have a little confusion about my 2 vaccinations ( TD and MMR ) that i have already got in UK if that will be enough or do i need more vaccination for the process.

Thanks

Well if I go to civil surgeon to put my MMR on new I-693 wouldn't that be a problem:

My RFE says no medical results found. The USCIS is supposed to have your K1 medical files, but sometimes lose them or fail to match them up with your AOS. Do not get another exam unless you get an RFE that says they do not have results of your medical. It means they lost them, but you are probably stuck with paying for a new exam. Those kinds of RFE's are not about the immunizations or the form I-693; they are because USCIS failed to match up your other medical exam results with your AOS application.

?

Because the new form won't match the form that was in the envelop taken from me at the airport.

Should I send both: old copy of DS-3025 as well as new I-693?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Split off from Pinned thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am filling my documents for AOS in few days. I have a little confusion about my 2 vaccinations ( TD and MMR ) that i have already got in UK if that will be enough or do i need more vaccination for the process.

Thanks

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/551080-immunizations-ds-3025-or-i-693/

Well if I go to civil surgeon to put my MMR on new I-693 wouldn't that be a problem:

?

Because the new form won't match the form that was in the envelop taken from me at the airport.

You get the vaccinations transcribed onto the I-693 by a civil surgeon. They will seal the I-693 in an envelope for you to include with your I-485. They already have the original of your DS-3025, along with the rest of your medical documents. I am not sure what problems that would/could cause. That is what you need to do in order to avoid an RFE asking you for one, since the MMR is not marked off on your DS-3025.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

?

If you were missing a shot and have to see a civil surgeon, he will put your entire vaccination record onto the new form I-693. He can get the ones you already had off the DS-3025 and add any new ones. The record that got turned in at POE is no longer needed because you have a new updated version of your immunizations. Think of it like getting a new full driver license to replace your learner's permit. You wouldn't use the old permit and the new license both when your drive. Only the new upgraded one.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.