ashmed246

Interview notice received

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I really appreciate everyone on this forum. I got a lot of helpful information while sending in my AOS paper work last month, July 8th. To my greatest suprise, I had my biometrics done by August 5th and August 18th, my status changed directly to 'testing and interview' and my interview has been scheduled for September 23rd.

I am really so happy about this and I hope my interview goes smoothly. Thank you everyone and I will appreciate some interview tips.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Firstly,congrats on such a smooth journey and a rather speedy one.

I would bring any new evidence with you, new pics, or receipts for new items under both your names.

Any mail , cards, letters addressed to you both, anything you can think of. I rather lug new evidence with me to interview, then not have anything if they ask.

Very best wishes for a smooth interview.

AOS in the USA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you so much @adventurebegins, I will work on that. I have all the utility bills in both names, gas, electric, water, time Warner, direct TV, joint account statements from Wells fargo, bank of america, discover and credit one. We both have Sam's Club card under the same account, auto and health insurances policy and out driver licenses have same address and she uses my last name. Our landlord has been lazy and doesn't wanna update our lease by putting my name coz she got the apartment in her name before we got married. I have more than enough picturs having us and her parents. Please do you think the lease might be an issue during interview? Thanks in anticipation for your reply.

Timeline

Ohhh Sams Club memberships, we have those too, I will make copies for our AOS.

Yes on the apartment, I understand, I'm in same boat as you, I'm going to ask the

apartment manager if she can write letter saying I rented the apartment before he was

here, and why he is not on the lease, blah blah, blah. you know how that goes.

But NO, I do not think the apartment lease will be an issue. You have plenty of other

great evidence. Sounds like your well covered :)

AOS in the USA.

Timeline

We are gathering our paperwork, my husband came here legally, a visitors visa for the 2nd time in March of 2012 we met months later when he was already out of status,

We just married , and filing to adjust his status. Going to be a bumpy ride, but we are ready for it, and have the evidence of a true marriage

AOS in the USA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from "AOS from WS&T visas" main forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.