teeak

Should I Request A Supervisor Review?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I completed our DS-260 on July 8 since I wasn't able to access the form because of all the technical issues that had been happening. The financial and supporting documents had all been reviewed at that time and we didn't receive any sort of checklist.

It's been past the 30 days since submission and when I called NVC earlier this week, the lady on the phone said that it usually takes 30 days and when I told her its been past that for me, she said I can expect a case complete either this week or next since all other documents are good to go.

I have noticed that other people on this forum have had their case completed while submitting the DS-260 much later than when I have. Does anyone know in what order they review the DS-260s? I would assume its in date order but, as with everything at NVC, I'm sure it's not so straight forward.

The one reason I am worried is that we had submitted our choice of agent and AOS fee back in February and didn't receive an IV fee invoice until I called in May requesting one. During the time that passed in between, we were waiting for the passports to become ready and busy collecting all the documents and I assumed that we would receive it eventually. When I talked to the person at NVC, she said that they never received the COA even though the ceac portal said it was completed. So she just completed it over the phone with me. This is the part that worries me. If they didn't receive my COA through the portal, how can I be sure they received my DS-260?? I have the confirmation and everything but, when I called NVC earlier this week, she asked me when I submitted the DS-260. Shouldn't she be able to see that it was completed? She could see that everything else was received and reviewed.

Should I call NVC and ask for a supervisor review since it's been past the 30 days? Or should I wait until after next week to see if I really will receive the case complete as I was told over the phone? Will the supervisor review mean that I have to wait an additional 42 days as I've seen other people mention on this thread? Has anyone else that submitted the DS-260 on or around July 8 receive a case complete yet? I'd appreciate any insight. Just hoping to put my mind at ease and finish this process as quickly as possible. Thanks! :)

F2B

(Helping aunt with cousin's petition)

01/02/2011: PD (Priority Date)
01/04/2011: I-130 NOA1

02/16/2011: I-130 NOA2

08/04/2016: Received DS-261/AOS Bill

08/06/2016: Completed DS-261/Paid AOS Bill

08/16/2016: Received IV Bill

10/11/2016: Submitted AOS/IV documentation

10/11/2016: Paid IV fee bill

10/14/2016: Submitted DS-260

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I completed our DS-260 on July 8 since I wasn't able to access the form because of all the technical issues that had been happening. The financial and supporting documents had all been reviewed at that time and we didn't receive any sort of checklist.

It's been past the 30 days since submission and when I called NVC earlier this week, the lady on the phone said that it usually takes 30 days and when I told her its been past that for me, she said I can expect a case complete either this week or next since all other documents are good to go.

I have noticed that other people on this forum have had their case completed while submitting the DS-260 much later than when I have. Does anyone know in what order they review the DS-260s? I would assume its in date order but, as with everything at NVC, I'm sure it's not so straight forward.

The one reason I am worried is that we had submitted our choice of agent and AOS fee back in February and didn't receive an IV fee invoice until I called in May requesting one. During the time that passed in between, we were waiting for the passports to become ready and busy collecting all the documents and I assumed that we would receive it eventually. When I talked to the person at NVC, she said that they never received the COA even though the ceac portal said it was completed. So she just completed it over the phone with me. This is the part that worries me. If they didn't receive my COA through the portal, how can I be sure they received my DS-260?? I have the confirmation and everything but, when I called NVC earlier this week, she asked me when I submitted the DS-260. Shouldn't she be able to see that it was completed? She could see that everything else was received and reviewed.

Should I call NVC and ask for a supervisor review since it's been past the 30 days? Or should I wait until after next week to see if I really will receive the case complete as I was told over the phone? Will the supervisor review mean that I have to wait an additional 42 days as I've seen other people mention on this thread? Has anyone else that submitted the DS-260 on or around July 8 receive a case complete yet? I'd appreciate any insight. Just hoping to put my mind at ease and finish this process as quickly as possible. Thanks! :)

don't listen to the agent they don't know what they're talking about.... I have a problem log in the website...until now i still didn't be able to fill up the ds-260....everytime i called the agent said " it will take 30 days to review your ds-260 so you have to wait for it", so i ask her how could you review my ds-260? she keeps on talking saying it will takes 30 days for them to review.... so i stop her , i said how could you guys review my ds-260 if i didn't be able to fill it out? she say sorry she don't know about it...really??????????????? another thing i ask if they process my IV fee maybe thats the reason why the ds-260 didn't show up? she said we processed it last July 9... so i ask how log they processed the payment? she said it takes 30 days if it is by mail (i send it by mail) and she keep talking they process it already on July 9, so i stop her again asking how come you processed the payment on July 9 which NVC received the payment on July 9 so they processed it right away? and again she said sorry to me since she don't know???????????? really????????????????????? whewwwwww.....

Timeline

Wow. So you haven't been able to access the DS-260 for over a month? Have you spoken to a supervisor about this? I was able to access the DS-260 after I paid the IV fee online.

I should probably not believe what the person at NVC said then. I guess I'll have to call and ask for a supervisor and see what they say about this matter. But, I may give it one more week.

F2B

NVC is notorious for their 30/42 day stock answer to just about every caller.. in part to get you off the phone.

Others have referred to the NVC number as the mis-information line. I'm not making that up.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Timeline

Lol. I'm not surprised especially with how many times it takes to get through to a representative, I'm sure they'll do whatever it takes to get rid of you.

F2B

Timeline

yes just releasing my emotions a while ago.... tried to log in again and now it works.....yes i can fill out the ds-260 now....thank you......

thats great!

F2B

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

don't listen to the agent they don't know what they're talking about.... I have a problem log in the website...until now i still didn't be able to fill up the ds-260....everytime i called the agent said " it will take 30 days to review your ds-260 so you have to wait for it", so i ask her how could you review my ds-260? she keeps on talking saying it will takes 30 days for them to review.... so i stop her , i said how could you guys review my ds-260 if i didn't be able to fill it out? she say sorry she don't know about it...really??????????????? another thing i ask if they process my IV fee maybe thats the reason why the ds-260 didn't show up? she said we processed it last July 9... so i ask how log they processed the payment? she said it takes 30 days if it is by mail (i send it by mail) and she keep talking they process it already on July 9, so i stop her again asking how come you processed the payment on July 9 which NVC received the payment on July 9 so they processed it right away? and again she said sorry to me since she don't know???????????? really????????????????????? whewwwwww.....

You are right I juts finished calling the NVC the female rep asked the same to me when did you submit your Ds 260 where as she could have known through her system as I have got its confirmation email too and to more of my surprise she told me that NVC will review the DS 260 and other documents separately and both will require 30 days each she gave me a heart attack there I think the reps are as unaware of the case progress as we are they just tell us the same old lines that we need 30 days to review your documents and Bla Bla. Another thing I already received a checklist regarding tax return papers it means they already reviewed my documents at that time that's how they generated the Checklist and now again they are asking for 30 days each for every documents looks like its a never ending process they just want the applicants hanging in the air.

NVC is notorious for their 30/42 day stock answer to just about every caller.. in part to get you off the phone.

Others have referred to the NVC number as the mis-information line. I'm not making that up.

Right you are most of them don't know any thing them selves they just throw the arrows blindly and hope that it hits the target and that's us ofcoarse LOL

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-24

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-02

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-03

NVC Received : 2015-03-28

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Send AOS Package : 2015-06-04

Submit DS-261 : 2015-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2015-07-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-07-05

Send IV Package : 2015-07-24

Checklist : 2015-10-06

Case Completed : 2015-11-11

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2016.01.21

Timeline

You are right I juts finished calling the NVC the female rep asked the same to me when did you submit your Ds 260 where as she could have known through her system as I have got its confirmation email too and to more of my surprise she told me that NVC will review the DS 260 and other documents separately and both will require 30 days each she gave me a heart attack there I think the reps are as unaware of the case progress as we are they just tell us the same old lines that we need 30 days to review your documents and Bla Bla. Another thing I already received a checklist regarding tax return papers it means they already reviewed my documents at that time that's how they generated the Checklist and now again they are asking for 30 days each for every documents looks like its a never ending process they just want the applicants hanging in the air.

Right you are most of them don't know any thing them selves they just throw the arrows blindly and hope that it hits the target and that's us ofcoarse LOL

Do you know if your DS-260 has been reviewed? I see that you submitted it just a few days before me.

F2B

Timeline

I just got off the phone with NVC and asked the person if they could see that my DS-260 was submitted and she said that it was visible on their end. I also asked for a supervisor and she went to go look for one but, she came back and said there was no one available. I was also told that I would get a call back from a supervisor (don't know if this will actually happen -- highly doubt it).

I asked her why it's been more than 30 days and she said they're currently backed up. I told her that I know people have had their DS-260 reviewed in two weeks and she without a response to that comment, she said she'll put my case under supervisor review.

Anyways, now I am under supervisor review and have received the standard 42 day timeframe from today :(

Edited by teeak

F2B

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes, you should defnitely request to speak with a Supervisor. They won't let you speak to one right away, though. They'll put you on hold saying that they're going to get a supervisor for you. They'll come back and say that the supervisor was in a meeting. But still, you should definitely request to speak with one. After they tell you that one is not available, tell them to put in a request to speak with a supervisor. They are supposed to call you back, but they won't.

The reason you want to do all this is so that you can have a paper trail of how many times you've requested to speak with a supervisor.

Also, after you complete the DS-260, you should receive a confirmation email. I completed mine on 7/5/15. They sent me an email on 7/29/15 stating that they received it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.