wenting

HELP! RFE letter is vague

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Several days I received RFE letter to require us to provide evidence. But the letter is so simple: just say it needs tickets receipts and passport stamps.

Because I entered New Zealand by eVisa and I did not have a passport stamps. My air tickets lost as well because I was not in relationship with my partner until I met her in New Zealand. I was not planing to keep it as evidence. So I am not sure what information I should sent to USCIS. I called the USCIS, and found out they are pretty useless. They do not really explain what I should do. Please help me if you have any knowledge on this.

Now My partner and I live in New Zealand. Previously we sent lots of evidence including my New Zealand bank account, my tenancy agreement to prove I am physically in New Zealand.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

See if you can get a receipt from the airline for when you purchased your travel tickets... if nothing else get a credit card statement from when you bought the tickets.

Other than that you could send a letter back to the USCIS explaining what you just told us.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

They are wanting proof you met in person. They want to see some kind of proof that you entered New Zealand. Agree with the above poster about sending in receipts from your ticket purchase. Provide a copy of your eVisa approval letter. Point out to them that you did not receive a date of entry stamp in your passport when you entered using the eVisa. Show more proof of residing in New Zealand, along with proof that your foreign fiance(e) resides there too. Highlight everything to show the dates and that you were/are together there in person.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

any bagtags?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

There is no requirement for any one type of evidence. They just want solid types of evidence that you met in person. Passport stamps are usually high on their list of things they like to see, but there are some people that do not have them, including those that cross by land to and from Canada and Mexico. When you don't have passport stamps, you just need to provide as much other proof as you possibly can. Point out to them that you did not get passport stamps, but you have 'this' and 'that' to show you entered the country and have been residing there since such and such a date. Highlight, underline, circle, draw arrows to, etc. anything you need to help them see your evidence that proves your situation. Sometimes they need a little hand-holding and guidance. Never assume they can connect the dots of what you supply. Connect the dots for them.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Timeline

There is no requirement for any one type of evidence. They just want solid types of evidence that you met in person. Passport stamps are usually high on their list of things they like to see, but there are some people that do not have them, including those that cross by land to and from Canada and Mexico. When you don't have passport stamps, you just need to provide as much other proof as you possibly can. Point out to them that you did not get passport stamps, but you have 'this' and 'that' to show you entered the country and have been residing there since such and such a date. Highlight, underline, circle, draw arrows to, etc. anything you need to help them see your evidence that proves your situation. Sometimes they need a little hand-holding and guidance. Never assume they can connect the dots of what you supply. Connect the dots for them.

Thank you so much. I think you are absolutely right. we have submitted all evidence without point out how they are connected and did not actually tell them why we did not have stamps. Thank you .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.