analiza123

applying for k-1

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Age doesn't really matter for the process. I've seen 30 year olds with 70 year old, 21 year olds with 65. Of course anyone logically examining the case will scrutinize extra hard given the huge difference in generations, but in the end it does not matter as long as it is a real, bona-fide relationship with full intent to marry, and not use for free trip to the US for a green card.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Me and my bf are planning on applying for k-1 . And our age diff. Is 17 yrs. I'm turning 19 does this affect the process ? Can we apply for it ?

Of course you can apply! No issue. All that is looked for is a genuine ongoing relationship with intent to marry. There is NO scrutiny because of age...doesn't happen. Your relationship is real... then it is all smooth sailing.

For the process of the I-129F petition you only need proof of having met in person within the past two years. Many meet a few weeks before they file ;)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Does a person need to be 21yrs.old to be able to apply for k1 ?

Filing for a K1 really has to do with the legal ability to marry and if you can fulfill the meeting requirement. Being 19 you should be legally able to marry in most states. Refer to your state's marriage laws to be certain.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Age difference between myself and fiancee (now my wife) is 33 years. We encountered no issues with our age difference in our K-1 process. Had no problems getting married (applying for marriage license, etc) and had no difficulties in wife's Adjustment of Status application regarding our age difference in the U.S.

Please be aware that when your fiancee goes through the CFO seminar, she will need parental consent letter since she is between the ages of 18 and 21. Persons between the age of 22 and 25 require a parental letter of advice.

Not exactly sure if this consent letter will be needed at her K-1 interview at the Embassy, but since she will need it at the CFO seminar anyway, I would suggest going ahead and having the parental consent letter with her when she goes for her K-1 interview just in case. If they don't ask for it, no harm-no foul.

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.