Jkn19

Refused admission to the US

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Does denying a visiting visa at the US embassy count ? I applied for a visiting visa and because my husband is US Citizen the CO gave me that blue letter"visa denial 214b" and had my fingerprint taken . does that mean I was refused admission to the US , or not ?

Hi,

You were refused a visa at the US Embassy.

You were not refused admission into the US.

Read things literally.

Best of luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Wait, I thought he was also refused admission. So it would be yes for both.

The OP was refused admission. The person I responded to were denied a visa at the embassy. Two different people :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

The OP was refused admission. The person I responded to were denied a visa at the embassy. Two different people :)

Oops! Confusing, my mistake. :)

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Answering questions from different people does cause confusion. This is why hijacking a thread is discouraged.

It's not thread hijacking if you stay within the same subject. Then it's a matter of not posting the same question twice which is annoying. The two questions were very similar. One thought he/she had the same issue as the OP and wanted to verify.

Let's go back to the topic at hand or we are being responsible for off topic discussions.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks everyone for answering,

About my fisrt post, I posted it before i could finish writing.

About the answer, many people told me to answer No, including some Travel Agencys offering the service of Visa process. But after reading your explanations, I'm pretty sure I should answer Yes.

I was hopeful about renewing my Visa without interview, but one of the requirements its :

1. The Applicant has never been arrested or convicted of a crime, deported from the United States, denied entry to the United States, or had any other problems or difficulties with U.S. Customs and Border Patrol when attempting to enter the United States

So thanks again to everyone, really appreciate it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.