amerdeutsch

Current NVC Electronic Filing directions

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

The NVC Electonic Filing directions are very short and simple. I need a couple of clarifications.

1. Is the 5MB limit per document/file or do they require the full package to be limited to 5MB?

2. Is the Electronic Filing with the NVC a quicker method than snail-mail overall? (E.g. does it take less time to get processed and sent to the Consulate?)

Just for reference, this is the full text of the current instruction on the NVC website (the "Document Scanning FAQs" is just that, there is no further elucidation.)

"Scan and email your financial forms and evidence, supporting documents, and translations to nvcelectronic@state.gov. Please place your case number in the subject line of the email and keep your attachments below five megabytes (MB). If you have more than one case, use a different email message for each case. For more information, review our Document Scanning FAQs."

Thank you -

1) do you qualify for EP? Germany currently does not.

2) per file

3)sometimes yes, sometimes no.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

The NVC Electonic Filing directions are very short and simple. I need a couple of clarifications.

1. Is the 5MB limit per document/file or do they require the full package to be limited to 5MB?

2. Is the Electronic Filing with the NVC a quicker method than snail-mail overall? (E.g. does it take less time to get processed and sent to the Consulate?)

Just for reference, this is the full text of the current instruction on the NVC website (the "Document Scanning FAQs" is just that, there is no further elucidation.)

"Scan and email your financial forms and evidence, supporting documents, and translations to nvcelectronic@state.gov. Please place your case number in the subject line of the email and keep your attachments below five megabytes (MB). If you have more than one case, use a different email message for each case. For more information, review our Document Scanning FAQs."

Thank you -

Hi!

I am confused as you are regarding file size (Is the 5MB limit per document/file or do they require the full package to be limited to 5MB?)

Did you get any confirmed answer?

Thank you

Timeline

gmanavig - i am glad to be able to report that it is (apparently) referring to a 5MB limit on the individual file size.

i posted all of our scanned documents which amounted to about 13MB total and forwarded them as instructed using two emails (i labeled them "1 of 2" and "2 of 2" in addition to the subject line directives.)

we received a couple RFIs, but they were all essentially administrative errors on my part (overlooked a short disclaimer that stated i actually DID need to send my tax return, although i sent 3 years of transcripts, w2s and 1009s, because we have been married for less than a year.) BUT everything was accepted eventually and we are awaiting consular contact.

SIDENOTE: i feel somewhat uneasy about so much of our information in unencrypted digital format, but frankly ... the turnaround was so much quicker than it would have been via conventional mail, i am willing to deal with the pii exposure.

Edited by amerdeutsch

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

gmanavig - i am glad to be able to report that it is (apparently) referring to a 5MB limit on the individual file size.

i posted all of our scanned documents which amounted to about 13MB total and forwarded them as instructed using two emails (i labeled them "1 of 2" and "2 of 2" in addition to the subject line directives.)

we received a couple RFIs, but they were all essentially administrative errors on my part (overlooked a short disclaimer that stated i actually DID need to send my tax return, although i sent 3 years of transcripts, w2s and 1009s, because we have been married for less than a year.) BUT everything was accepted eventually and we are awaiting consular contact.

SIDENOTE: i feel somewhat uneasy about so much of our information in unencrypted digital format, but frankly ... the turnaround was so much quicker than it would have been via conventional mail, i am willing to deal with the pii exposure.

Just curious are you in building construction? I don't see RFI's used elsewhere.

Sorry didn't have anything to add to your question.

Timeline

nope, just could have sworn that i have seen that used for the Requests For Information they post back to you when you are missing something... but no doubt such a generic phrase would pop up in a few other contexts :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.