Dantrolene

Help filling the forms...Please!

12 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, I am a B1/B2 visa holder changing status inside the US to GC through a US spouse marriage.

While I am filling my application forms, I got hesitated at these points, hope I can get right answers asap please:

Regarding from I-130,

1- what is Alien registration number ? I don't know how to get this and how to answer ? I am here in US as a tourist.

2- In this part of application ( list spouse and all children of you relative ( info about relative), what does children of your relative mean here ? The US spouse's children ( petitioner ) OR the Alien relative's children (beneficiary) ?

3- In this part of application ( if your relative’s native alphabet is other than roman letters....etc), my native alphabet is Arabic, so I have to fill this space, But I don't have Arabic keyboard, what should I do then ?
4- In this part of application ( if your relative in USA and will apply to adjust status at LOCAL OFFICE in ,.…City,..…State. What does it mean by local office here ? I live in Seattle, WA. Is that correct ?

Regarding form I-485,

1- In part 2 of the application ( I am applying for an adjustment of status to permanent resident because.....?) I am a B1B2 Visa holder and changing status inside the US, I don't see any right choice to pick to my case, other than OTHER. But what to fill correctly ?

Regarding form I-131,

1- The question asking for class of admission, I am a B1/B2 visa holder, but I realized that on my I-94, it says my admission class is as B1.
So what to pick B1/B2 or only B1 ?

2- Date of intended departure and expected length of trip ? I don't have any intention to depart soon, no plans, so how to fill this part ?

3- Proposed travel information. The same I have no plans, so how to fill this part ? Or do you think not submitting this form basically ?

Regarding form I-864,

1- In the part of ( sponsor's household size: Persons Not sponsored in the affidavit: 1- Yourself, 2- If you're currently married; enter 1, dependent children ). Now the question is, does my sponsor count herself ? And my sponsor is married to me, so she enters 1, correct ? My sponsor has 18 year old son, is he considered dependent or not ?

Regarding form G-1145,

1- Should I clip completed E-notification to the first page of EACH application form or ONLY ONE for all ?

Regarding form G-325A,

1- What is meant by maiden name ? Is that like middle name ? What if I don't have one for my mother's name ?
2- Employment last five years. I've never worked before, I was only a STUDENT. Being a full-time student is considered an employment or not ?

Regarding supporting bona fide documents,
1- We have prenuptial agreement, do you think it is a strong supporting document we should attach or Not ?
2- Can I attach my Bachelor Certificate and training program qualifications I've received here in US as a supporting document or Not ?

3- How many wedding pics/ general pics should we send ?

Thank you so much in advance. All responses are appreciated.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

1. Just put N/A since you don't have one.

2. It's the alien relative's spouse/children.

3. You'll have to print out the form to sign anyways so you can just hand write it in Arabic in black ink.

4. Yes. Seattle, Washington.

1. Box A since your marriage to a USC gives you an immediately available visa number. You'll be submitting it with the I-130 so no need for an approval notice.

1. B1 is for a visitor for business and B2 is for a tourist. Go with whatever is on your I-94.

2. Put any date in the future and you for the reason you can choose something like leisure. It's best to submit the form since you could have your petition pending for a long time and a circumstance might arise where you'll need to travel outside the country.

1. The part that says 1-Yourself is the sponsor (your spouse). Put 0 for "if married" since you don't want to be counted twice as the intending immigrant and as a spouse. If he is included on her tax returns as a dependent then yes, include him as well.

1. You'll be submitting it all as one package so one should be sufficient.

1. Maiden name is the wife's last name before she got married and took on her husband's name. You can just put N/A if she doesn't have one.

2. It says "If none, so state" so just write "None"

You should submit as much evidence as you can: joint bank accounts, lease, utility bills, credit card bills, car/health/life insurance policy, pictures documenting your relationship.

Appreciate ALL your responses. All now have become clear.

But...regarding the supporting documents, we do not have things like "what you mentioned" in common. We just met and got married only 3 months ago, and she has her stable life already. I just came to her life as a "roommate".

The only thing that we have together is the phone bill; I am on her family plan. We have also prenuptial agreement, wedding ceremony, sightseeing and family pics together. Beside my qualifications in terms of education..etc. Do you think is that enough as bona fide support ? Or do you think we are going to be notified for more Proof of Evidence response ?

what else should we do to provide something support our case, in your opinion ?

Thanks again

Hello everybody, I am a B1/B2 visa holder changing status inside the US to GC through a US spouse marriage.

While I am filling my application forms, I got hesitated at these points, hope I can get right answers asap please:

Regarding from I-130,

1- what is Alien registration number ? I don't know how to get this and how to answer ? I am here in US as a tourist.

2- In this part of application ( list spouse and all children of you relative ( info about relative), what does children of your relative mean here ? The US spouse's children ( petitioner ) OR the Alien relative's children (beneficiary) ?

3- In this part of application ( if your relative’s native alphabet is other than roman letters....etc), my native alphabet is Arabic, so I have to fill this space, But I don't have Arabic keyboard, what should I do then ?

4- In this part of application ( if your relative in USA and will apply to adjust status at LOCAL OFFICE in ,.…City,..…State. What does it mean by local office here ? I live in Seattle, WA. Is that correct ?

Regarding form I-485,

1- In part 2 of the application ( I am applying for an adjustment of status to permanent resident because.....?) I am a B1B2 Visa holder and changing status inside the US, I don't see any right choice to pick to my case, other than OTHER. But what to fill correctly ?

Regarding form I-131,

1- The question asking for class of admission, I am a B1/B2 visa holder, but I realized that on my I-94, it says my admission class is as B1.

So what to pick B1/B2 or only B1 ?

2- Date of intended departure and expected length of trip ? I don't have any intention to depart soon, no plans, so how to fill this part ?

3- Proposed travel information. The same I have no plans, so how to fill this part ? Or do you think not submitting this form basically ?

Regarding form I-864,

1- In the part of ( sponsor's household size: Persons Not sponsored in the affidavit: 1- Yourself, 2- If you're currently married; enter 1, dependent children ). Now the question is, does my sponsor count herself ? And my sponsor is married to me, so she enters 1, correct ? My sponsor has 18 year old son, is he considered dependent or not ?

Regarding form G-1145,

1- Should I clip completed E-notification to the first page of EACH application form or ONLY ONE for all ?

Regarding form G-325A,

1- What is meant by maiden name ? Is that like middle name ? What if I don't have one for my mother's name ?

2- Employment last five years. I've never worked before, I was only a STUDENT. Being a full-time student is considered an employment or not ?

Regarding supporting bona fide documents,

1- We have prenuptial agreement, do you think it is a strong supporting document we should attach or Not ?

2- Can I attach my Bachelor Certificate and training program qualifications I've received here in US as a supporting document or Not ?

3- How many wedding pics/ general pics should we send ?

Thank you so much in advance. All responses are appreciated.

I-130

1. If you have a visitor visa you do not have an A-number, write none.

2. I-130 is supposed to be filled out by the petitioner. You are the petitioner's relative. It's talking about your children.

3. Complete as much as you can on your computer, print, and then manually complete the form with a black or blue ink pen.

4. Seattle has a USCIS field office so you it will process your application.

I-485

1. a. An immigrant petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number that has been approved.(Attach a copy of the approval notice, or a relative, special immigrant juvenile, or special immigrant military visa petition filed with this application that will give you an immediately available visa number, if approved)

I-131

1. Visitor visa

2. Unknow or TBD (to be determined). You'll have to write it in with a pen after printing.

3. Unknown or TBD

I-864

1. This form is supposed to be filled out by your sponsor. So, enter "1" for "yourself" do not enter anything in "spouse" because you are already being counted in box #1. In regard to your spouse's son, it all depends if he is a dependent of on the income tax return.

G-1145

One

G-325A

1. Maiden name means last name before it was changed through marriage.

2. "Student" is not employment. Enter "none"

Bona fide documents

1. NO, come on now. A prenup is a document that list how property will be distributed after the marriage is dissolved.

2. USCIS doesn't care about academic accomplishments in this instance, no.

3. Around 6, not as important as other docs that should be included.

Timeline

Appreciate ALL your responses. All now have become clear.

But...regarding the supporting documents, we do not have things like "what you mentioned" in common. We just met and got married only 3 months ago, and she has her stable life already. I just came to her life as a "roommate".

The only thing that we have together is the phone bill; I am on her family plan. We have also prenuptial agreement, wedding ceremony, sightseeing and family pics together. Beside my qualifications in terms of education..etc. Do you think is that enough as bona fide support ? Or do you think we are going to be notified for more Proof of Evidence response ?

what else should we do to provide something support our case, in your opinion ?

Thanks again

Well, your education accomplishments don't matter in proving a real marriage and the prenup agreement is for when the marriage is dissolved. USCIS wants proof that your marriage is real and not for immigration benefits. That's why I mentioned those things since they prove that two people are physically and emotionally together.

You will most likely receive an RFE since all you have right now are pictures, basically. I suggest you try to do/get some of the things I mentioned in order to strengthen your application.

Well, your education accomplishments don't matter in proving a real marriage and the prenup agreement is for when the marriage is dissolved. USCIS wants proof that your marriage is real and not for immigration benefits. That's why I mentioned those things since they prove that two people are physically and emotionally together.

You will most likely receive an RFE since all you have right now are pictures, basically. I suggest you try to do/get some of the things I mentioned in order to strengthen your application.

If we don't have more to provide, so how we should respond to an RFE ? What is their expectations to provide them ? What if we respond by nothing ?

Seriously I don't know any solution for this now. Any inputs please ?

Timeline

If we don't have more to provide, so how we should respond to an RFE ? What is their expectations to provide them ? What if we respond by nothing ?

Seriously I don't know any solution for this now. Any inputs please ?

You can take a shot at it by submitting the evidence you have. Do you have a log of chats/texts between the two of you? Affidavits from friends and family? Travel receipts from trips taken together? You can include that as evidence as well or try and obtain some of the things I mentioned.

Also, I'm assuming you mean you got married three months ago and not that you only met three months ago. If you've only met each other 3 months ago, then that will be a red flag for USCIS.

If you can't respond to the RFE then, your petition will be denied if the immigration officer thinks the evidence you provided isn't sufficient.

We don't have a lot of evidence, simply because we first time know each other was only 3 months ago when my spouse rented me a room in her own house. We both lived together and still living in the house and eventually we decided to get married and it was fast because of religion background and legitimate reasons. It's the contrast and diversity that made things beautiful. However, we are at two different level of religion, age, family, finances. But again the contrast make things are going and working so well.

All evidence we have together so far is a family mobile bill, wedding ceremony and family gathering pics, and Bank of America document that states the same house address.

It seems like these aforementioned things are not enough evidences. But we are thinking of creating a joint bank account if we received a RFE notification, as kind of a respond back. Also affidavit from third party is an option we are thinking about when we receive a RFE.

Any inputs or advises are most appreciated ?!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A stand-alone thread that duplicates the post just above has been removed. It's better to keep related issues in one thread.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

You can take a shot at it by submitting the evidence you have. Do you have a log of chats/texts between the two of you? Affidavits from friends and family? Travel receipts from trips taken together? You can include that as evidence as well or try and obtain some of the things I mentioned.

Also, I'm assuming you mean you got married three months ago and not that you only met three months ago. If you've only met each other 3 months ago, then that will be a red flag for USCIS.

If you can't respond to the RFE then, your petition will be denied if the immigration officer thinks the evidence you provided isn't sufficient.

We don't have a lot of evidence, simply because we first time know each other was only 3 months ago when my spouse rented me a room in her own house. We both lived together and still living in the house and eventually we decided to get married and it was fast because of religion background and legitimate reasons. It's the contrast and diversity that made things beautiful. However, we are at two different level of religion, age, family, finances. But again the contrast make things are going and working so well.

All evidence we have together so far is a family mobile bill, wedding ceremony and family gathering pics, and Bank of America document that states the same house address.

It seems like these aforementioned things are not enough evidences. But we are thinking of creating a joint bank account if we received a RFE notification, as kind of a respond back. Also affidavit from third party is an option we are thinking about when we receive a RFE.

Any inputs or advises are most appreciated ?!

What if the case is denied ? To be departed/ removed from the country or file another case and so on ?

Timeline

It's best to submit these things before you get an RFE because it may be that after you submit those as a response to the RFE, it's still not enough for the immigration officer. You should try and avoid receiving the RFE as much as possible. So submit those things with the initial package.

If the case is denied, I think you can file a motion to appeal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.