Filippinelady82

Dual citizenship

11 posts in this topic

has anyone applied for dual citizenship here? Filipino -american citizenship? The website for filipino citizenship isn't much of informative and unclear when it comes to explaining.( most of the time inaccurate) Please share your experiences guys! Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

The United States does not recognize dual citizenship.

You can keep your Philippine passport and get your US passport but you will be required to enter and exit the U.S. on your U.S. Passport.

The renouncing of ones previous citizenship is part of the oath that new US citizens must take, and failing to honor that oath could result in the loss of citizenship in the United States.

My AOS Journey

11/11/14 - POE

12/12/14 - Married

12/15/14 - AOS/EAD Submitted

12/22/14 - NOA 1

01/13/15 - Biometrics

03/20/15 - Notice Of Potential Interview Waiver Received - 6 Month Delay

09/21/15 - NPIW Expired

10/16/15 - Service Request 1 submitted - Local office past my case

10/17/15 - Service Request Response - Currently being adjudicated, No timeline. Please wait

10/19/15 - Contacted Local Congressman. Request Submitted

11/19/15 - Response from congressman. Currently being adjudicated. Please wait. No Timeline

11/27/15 - Letter from Local Field office requesting missing I-693.

12/21/15 - Infopass Appointment regarding notice - I-693 not required for K1 Visa. Officer stated he would request local officer to contact me

12/22/15 - 1 Year since NOA 1

12/29/15 - Had original K1 I-693 medical form transcribed by US panel doctor and submitted to USCIS.

01/06/16 - Service request 2 submitted

01/19/16 - Interview Appointment Received

02/09/16 - Interview - APPROVED

02/12/16 - 2 Year Green Card In Hand

12/26/17 - ROC Submitted

01/08/18 - ROC NOA1 Recieved

10/06/18 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

01/17/19 - Removal of Conditions - Approved

01/23/19 - Received 10 year Green Card.

My Citizenship Journey

12/06/18 - N400 Submitted

12/18/18 - N400 Biometrics Appointment Received

12/26/18 - Biometrics Complete - Expected completion Feb 2020 (13 Months)

04/28/19 - So far lots of USCIS "nothing has changed" bi weekly status update e-mails.

05/07/19 - Received notification that my N400 interview had been scheduled.

05/08/19 - N400 Interview letter was available to view online.

05/13/19 - Received physical copy of N400 interview letter in mail.

06/14/19 - N400 Interview Passed. Recommended for citizenship.

06/22/19 - N400 Approved

07/24/19 - Oath ceremony scheduled

Filed: Timeline

The renouncing of ones previous citizenship is part of the oath that new US citizens must take, and failing to honor that oath could result in the loss of citizenship in the United States.

Nope. ABSOLUTELY NOT. The Oath does not mention "citizenship" or "nationality" at all. The US has NEVER expected people naturalizing to go and renounce other nationalities.

Nope. ABSOLUTELY NOT. The Oath does not mention "citizenship" or "nationality" at all. The US has NEVER expected people naturalizing to go and renounce other nationalities.

^^^ This.

Also, the Philippines recognizes dual citizenship.

My wife reacquired her Philippines citizenship. She used the information on the Philippines Consulate's (San Francisco) web site to get it done. We both thought the information was straight forward and clear.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to General Immigration-Related Discussion Forum~

~Inquiry about dual-citizenship, not K1 related~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Would u pls share her experience on how did she obtained her dual ? Thank you

She simply followed the steps on the Philippines Consulate's web site.

Since Chiook was a K-1er, she reported our marriage, and followed the steps for reacquiring Filipino citizenship and getting another passport.

She completed everything in less than an hour at the Consulate's outreach event in our area. A couple of months later, her new passport arrived on our doorstep.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

has anyone applied for dual citizenship here? Filipino -american citizenship? The website for filipino citizenship isn't much of informative and unclear when it comes to explaining.( most of the time inaccurate) Please share your experiences guys! Thank you

I know a few that have, my wife will be doing that in a few months. It is very simple to do actually and can be completed at an outreach event.

http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/consular%20services/conserv-dual.htm

http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/CONSULARFORMS.htm Near the bottom of the page.

Mods should have moved this to the Philippines forum.. that would have helped you much more.

The United States does not recognize dual citizenship.

You can keep your Philippine passport and get your US passport but you will be required to enter and exit the U.S. on your U.S. Passport.

Totally not true, except for the entering and exiting the USA part.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 4 weeks later...

Does any of you guys have any idea on how to report marriage with the hubby can't come along to the consulate in person ? What I should do on his behalf ? Does it need to be notarized the form? I mean I'm going by myself to the consulate as being said on the website both party should appear in person ..what if your hubby can't come along and I have to do by myself what should I do ? Thanks in advance have a nice day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.