Cappedoff

CRBA processing times

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Just out of curiousity and so we can plan our travels -- how long does it take for the CRBA to be processed and judgement granted for it? Thanks very much

::: Timeline for N-600 & CR-1/ IR-1 :::

Note: This is for USC living abroad

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Found each other May 2003

Engaged June 2005

Married Sept 2006

Child 1 born Sept 2008

Child 2 born Nov 2009

Child 3 born Mar 2012

• Service Center : Embassy & Chicago Lockbox
  • Consulate : Algiers, Algeria

CRBA

• N-600 Sent :

I-130

• I-130 Sent :
  • I-130 NOA1 :
  • I-130 Approved :
  • ..... to be continued

Timeline

30 minutes to 1 hour.

oh? That's it? LOL I thought it would take months. Great! Thank you!

Edited by Cappedoff

Engaged June 2005

Married Sept 2006

Child 1 born Sept 2008

Child 2 born Nov 2009

Child 3 born Mar 2012

CRBA

• N-600 Sent :

I-130

• I-130 Sent :
  • I-130 NOA1 :
  • I-130 Approved :
  • ..... to be continued

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I think the previous reply was a joke; the appointment may take an hour, but you likely will be waiting for said appointment for several weeks, even months. It depends greatly on the embassy you are going through; for example in Dublin, Ireland, they only do CRBA's one afternoon a month, so we waited close to two months for our appointment. It was kind of nice though, having all CRBA parents there, like a little party in the waiting room :)

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

I think the previous reply was a joke; the appointment may take an hour, but you likely will be waiting for said appointment for several weeks, even months. It depends greatly on the embassy you are going through; for example in Dublin, Ireland, they only do CRBA's one afternoon a month, so we waited close to two months for our appointment. It was kind of nice though, having all CRBA parents there, like a little party in the waiting room :)

So waiting for the appointment could take a while but what about once we have the appointment. About how long before they can make a decision if we got it or not? Is the decision done at the embassy or send to the States? We'd like to have estimated time to plan our travels. Thanks!

EDIT: Looking at my embassy's site it seems they have appointment 4 days each week in the month.

Edited by Cappedoff

Engaged June 2005

Married Sept 2006

Child 1 born Sept 2008

Child 2 born Nov 2009

Child 3 born Mar 2012

CRBA

• N-600 Sent :

I-130

• I-130 Sent :
  • I-130 NOA1 :
  • I-130 Approved :
  • ..... to be continued

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

They made our decision right there, and gave us the CBRA certs for the twins.

The passports came in the mail a couple of weeks after.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Alright. Thank you so much.

Engaged June 2005

Married Sept 2006

Child 1 born Sept 2008

Child 2 born Nov 2009

Child 3 born Mar 2012

CRBA

• N-600 Sent :

I-130

• I-130 Sent :
  • I-130 NOA1 :
  • I-130 Approved :
  • ..... to be continued

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Considering the OP's question was how long it takes to make the decision, my reply was definately no joke. As penguin then wrote herself, the decision was made on the spot. Waiting times vary: Dublin might do it once a month, but other consulates like Munich do CRBA's multiple times a week.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

The appointment took about 30 minutes when I did it for my daughter.They made the decision there.How it's done is that they approve/deny first.Once it's approved they go ahead and accept the passport application for processing.At the end of it we were given a receipt to pick up the CRBA and Passport 3 weeks later.

About 8 days later after the appointment I get an email from the embassy saying we could pick the CRBA up and the passport any time. I guess the 3-4 weeks is the average processing time but it can get done by them before that.In our case it took 8 days. This was the embassy in Trinidad & Tobago.

Oct 1st 2012 - Mailed I-130 package to Phoenix
Oct 3rd 2012 - Package delivered
Oct 9th 2012 - NOA 1
Dec 12th 2012 -Case finally visible on USCIS website as initial review
Jan 31st 2013 -Emailed ncsc-customerconnect@uscis.dhs.gov
Feb 6th 2013 - Response that my case was tranferred to the local Jacksonville field office on Nov 19th 2012
Apr 2nd 2013 - Infopass. Found out that there was an RFE dated Dec 19th that I never received.USCIS website never reflected that either.Got a copy of the RFE .Time to make another infopass to drop documents off at local Jacksonville office.

Apr 29th 2013- Dropped off RFE documents at local office

May 7th 2013- Got text that petition was approved.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.