Jump to content

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I filed 1-130 and 1-485 for my wife they received everything they even send me my biometric appointment after one week later they sent me a yellow page request of initial evidence I sent my affidavit support and my wife translation of birth certificate in the package me and my wife made together 47800$.they ask me 3 things

First submit all supporting tax documentation (w2 1099 2555 ect and all supporting tax schedules) submitted to the internal revenue

The sponsor must submit all supporting tax documents for the most recent tax year.

2 look for a joint sponsor

3 you have submitted an English translation of a foreign birth certificate please submit a copy of the applicants foreign birth certificate issued by the appropriate civil authority.It so confusing please I need clarification I did everything all by myself for my wife no lawyer

Edited by bibine

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


how much is your wife's income alone? unless you have been legally working, your income doesn't count

so she has to put on the i864 her individual income, attach W2s, a letter from her employer or paystubs stating how much she makes without your income,

the translation of the birth certificate they may have lost it, so send in another translation, did you state on the bottom that your wife was fully bilingual and capable of translating? that is was a correct and true translation of the original?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

They want a complete copy of your most recent tax return with all forms, schedules, W-2s and/or 1099s, OR an IRS transcript. They are asking for the supporting documentation, so I am guessing you sent only your 1040 form or something. If you did not send proof of both your incomes, then you should do that too. The immigrant would also need proof that their income would continue from the same source once they become a permanent resident. If your wife's income does not qualify, then you need to make enough income on your own, or find a joint sponsor.

You must send in the translation of the birth certificate AND a copy of the original document in the foreign language.

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to AOS from Work, Student & Tourist Visas ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.