8 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Five more months , i will be over 21 , so i want to ask if i have opportunity to get the visa through F2a .
My country visa bulletin now is November.15.2013
If you have any solution please tell me
I'm sorry because of my English

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi,

What is your Priority Date?

When was the I-130 approved?

Hi

PD is 5.26.2015

I ask to know about the average time from PD to Approval day . I knew about the CSPA, but i want to ask to ensure if i have any chance to get visa through F2a .

Because the waiting time is different for every person. If you know the average time , please tell me ..........

Thank you for your help

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi

PD is 5.26.2015

I ask to know about the average time from PD to Approval day . I knew about the CSPA, but i want to ask to ensure if i have any chance to get visa through F2a .

Because the waiting time is different for every person. If you know the average time , please tell me ..........

Thank you for your help

When was the I-130 approved?

If you don't answer all the questions, then I can't give you a proper answer.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi

PD is 5.26.2015

Thank you for your help

Average approval time for the i130 is more or less 5 months. The longer you wait for the approval, the higher the chance you will be protected by CSPA.

Correct me if I'm wrong aaron2020.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Average approval time for the i130 is more or less 5 months. The longer you wait for the approval, the higher the chance you will be protected by CSPA.

Correct me if I'm wrong aaron2020.

Yes, the longer it takes to approve the I-130, the greater the chance of getting CSPA protection.

While the average time for an I-130 approval for Immediate Relative cases can be 5 months, it's not the average for the family preference categories. Some are approved quickly while others can languish for years. It depends on the category too. Someone recently reported 3 weeks for an approved I-130 in an F2a case. One never know what the average may be in any of the family preference categories.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi I'm also F2A my priority date is Sept 4,2014. I saw someone posted here and said She was also petitioned 20yrs6mos. old then she was 22 yrs old at the time she was approved and still got a visa. They hired a lawyer.

In my case I was also petitioned when I was 20 and 7 months old. Then my I-130 just got approved on 2015 May 22. (8months) Then I called NVC for my CASE# and Invoice# on 2015 July 29 they gave me both but they haven't said anything about me being aged out and will be move to F2B and take note they also ask my birthdate. Then when I check my case on NVC it's not yet eligible for further processing. So my concern is should we ask NVC if I am applicable for CSPA or should we hire a lawyer as soon as possible or just wait?

Hi I'm also F2A my priority date is Sept 4,2014. I saw someone posted here and said She was also petitioned 20yrs6mos. old then she was 22 yrs old at the time she was approved and still got a visa. They hired a lawyer.

In my case I was also petitioned when I was 20 and 7 months old. Then my I-130 just got approved on 2015 May 22. (8months) Then I called NVC for my CASE# and Invoice# on 2015 July 29 they gave me both but they haven't said anything about me being aged out and will be move to F2B and take note they also ask my birthdate. Then when I check my case on NVC it's not yet eligible for further processing. So my concern is should we ask NVC if I am applicable for CSPA or should we hire a lawyer as soon as possible or just wait?

I don't think a lawyer is necessary but you should definitely call NVC to have them process your case for CSPA or to ask if you are eligible at all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.