ACORAZADA

SANTO DOMINGO EMBASSY I-34 OR I-864?

10 posts in this topic

Good Morning everyone :)

I am currently preparing all the needed documents for my K-1 visa interview in Sarto Domingo . I am the petitioner and I know that i must send my fiance the affidavit of support . Which form does the Dominican embassy require is it the I-34 or the I-864 ?

I have read a lot of other forums and the information varies .

I would greatly appreciate any input from those who have recently had interviews in Santo Domingo .. Thank in advance for the help

Gracias

According to the embassy website (http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/k1-k2_instructions.html) they require I-134.

EVIDENCE OF ECONOMIC SOLVENCY: You must present a Form I-134 (Affidavit of Support) from the petitioner.

You can find other useful information about the Santo Domingo embassy on the VJ forum website:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Dominican%20Republic&cty=Santo%20Domingo

My question is. Why don't you marry and go for the safest way to petition your fiancé? I mean, apply for a CR1, instead. Dominican Republic is a high fraud country on K1 category, and they probably deny it because it is easier for them, since you already do not have ties enough (according to them). Keep in mind this, just in case.

@MANUEL REYES I understand what you are saying and I appreciate your advice. I am Dominican myself and I know what goes on down there . The reason i chose the k-1 is because its easier in the sense that I can have my fiance here with me . I am a nurse and its hard for me to take time off and plus I want my family to be there and I want an opportunity for us to live here together America is not all what it is made out to be and my fiance also deserves to know if he like it out here.

Its a chance that we take regardless of what route we choose I know many people personally that have been denied even married.so it all depends on your luck and how much evidence you have honestly when a relationship is real you can see the pureness regardless of how many interviews you have to go through. We will see what happens it is in Gods hands. :)

"que viva el amor"

Edited by ACORAZADA

Great! You are conscious about the high level of K1 denials in Santo Domingo, but you can be the exception. I wish you the best of luck, and hope you can update us with details about your case so other people can take your experience into account and learn something new.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Caribbean regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Maybe you are new in this forum, i have here 2 years and i have seen many k1 approvals .

If you are a real couole you can do k1 and you will be approved.

On my 2 years here i have seen a lots of approvals and only 3 deny k1 .

Great! You are conscious about the high level of K1 denials in Santo Domingo, but you can be the exception. I wish you the best of luck, and hope you can update us with details about your case so other people can take your experience into account and learn something new.

• 2 weeks later...

We did both, and they didn't look at either one. However, it was good for peace of mind and I needed the info for AOS, so I would say to do them both.

I brought my now husband with visa K-1,and was very easy for us. If the relationship is true is no reason to fear. Now we are with his AOS.

• 3 weeks later...

I got approved on 7/30 and had my I134 and 864 filled out and ready. The case worker told me it wasn't needed at this time. I was like okay.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.