KASH2011

N-400 August 2015 Filers

1,087 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

Surely enough as the officer had promised, I received another letter with the June 8th date. It came directly from the officer in the local officer. He even signed his name on the notice. He seemed like a pretty cool guy. Hopefully the third time is a charm. 18 more days of this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Surely enough as the officer had promised, I received another letter with the June 8th date. It came directly from the officer in the local officer. He even signed his name on the notice. He seemed like a pretty cool guy. Hopefully the third time is a charm. 18 more days of this.

They finally got the file unstuck downstairs!

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Haa! Your file made it up the staircase! All the best of luck to you!

Timeline

Hopefully on that day they do not tell me it slid down the stairs the night before and it got itself stuck again. This craziness is driving me nuts.

They finally got the file unstuck downstairs!

Thank you KASH2011, I think I have had the most dramatic journey of all VJers. Hopefully it all ends positively on that day.

Haa! Your file made it up the staircase! All the best of luck to you!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Thanks spmaria. Hopefully the third time is a charm. I will update once I am done

Good luck my friend...you're way overdue so I hope this is your last stop.

Timeline

Well folks. Its a wrap.

Got there at about 8am and was called in at 8.15am. The officer first started with my I-751 extreme hardship waiver. I was fretting about that but he asked very simple questions on it. Just about my prior marriage and whether I was circumventing the NTA I received by filing extreme hardship waiver. (I had been denied in 2011 and received an NTA) I told him I filed it based on the facts in the file and I was within my rights to file a hardship waiver if I have enough evidence and anytime before my NTA is filed in court. The NTA was never filed. He smiled and said that was true. He then said it looks good and we moved to the N400. The questions he asked were:

Who is the vice president of the United states

What French territory did the US acquire from France

Who is the current speaker of the house

Name one right only afforded to US citizens only

What is the rule of law

We elect senators for how long?

I was asked” What country is North of the US”…and he asked me to write” Canada is north of the united states.

I signed a few documents there and said I was recommended for approval and will get oath notice in two to three weeks.

I simply cant stop pinching myself.

Did that just happen? I thought I-751 Extereme Hardship waivers were never approved. I guess its true what they say about faith the size of a mustard.

Timeline

Well folks. Its a wrap.

Got there at about 8am and was called in at 8.15am. The officer first started with my I-751 extreme hardship waiver. I was fretting about that but he asked very simple questions on it. Just about my prior marriage and whether I was circumventing the NTA I received by filing extreme hardship waiver. (I had been denied in 2011 and received an NTA) I told him I filed it based on the facts in the file and I was within my rights to file a hardship waiver if I have enough evidence and anytime before my NTA is filed in court. The NTA was never filed. He smiled and said that was true. He then said it looks good and we moved to the N400. The questions he asked were:

What is the rule of law

I was asked” What country is North of the US”…and he asked me to write” Canada is north of the united states.

I signed a few documents there and said I was recommended for approval and will get oath notice in two to three weeks.

Did that just happen? I thought I-751 Extereme Hardship waivers were never approved. I guess its true what they say about faith the size of a mustard.

Good News indeed!...you're in the home stretch now. Congratulations!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Well folks. Its a wrap.

What is the rule of law

Congrats! A few more weeks and this will be ALL over with!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

just seen this, congratulations my friend, glad that went well after a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng wait. happy for you.

Well folks. Its a wrap.

What is the rule of law

N 400
GC-Date:------------------------- 12/09/12
Sent N400:----------------------- 10/06/15 Received 10/07/15
Cashd: -------------------------- 10/13/15
NOA: ---------------------------- 10/07/15
Biometrics appointment: -------- 11/18/15 (received snail mail 11/06)
E-update In Line: --------------- 11/06/15
E-update Interview scheduled ---- 11/27/15

Interview: --------------------- 01/04/15 (received letter on 12/07/15 with notice date as 11/30/15)

interview de-scheduled---------- 12/28/15

interview Rescheduled 03/10/16 for----------- 04/25/16 PASSED
Oath------------------------------04/29/16
Field Office: Atlanta

i-130 for my mum

noa 1 06/28/2018

noa 2 12/01/2018 Approved

nvc stage

received 12/17/2018

case number 02/05/2019

paid both fees 02/07/2019

paid fees still in process 02/13/2019 (fees withdrawn from account 02/11/19)

Timeline

Thanks dadajnm. It is like a huge weight lifted off my chest. As you can see I had both I-751 and N400. I was not so sure about the I-751 part and was pleasntly surprised. Its been a long time coming so I am savouring the moment.

just seen this, congratulations my friend, glad that went well after a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng wait. happy for you.

Timeline
my_logo.png
Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

We mailed your oath ceremony notice for Receipt Number NBC*XXXXXXXX. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by July 14, 2016, please go towww.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Step closer and closer.....

Edited by mananto

Timeline
my_logo.png
Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

We mailed your oath ceremony notice for Receipt Number NBC*XXXXXXXX. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by July 14, 2016, please go towww.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Step closer and closer.....

You're almost there!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.