Annie S.

Really confusing Request for Initial Evidence!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

The hubby and I filed our AOS packet at the end of June, he just had his biometrics appointment, and we just received in the mail a really confusing Request for Initial Evidence.

The letter said:

"The petitioner/sponsor submitted a Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, that was signed more than one (1) year prior to filing the Form I-485.

The petitioner/sponsor must submit a completed Form I-864 with a revision date 03/22/13, which has been signed within one year of the filing of Form I-485."

We are sure we signed everything together with a June 2015 date, so I am not sure if this means a mixed up date? Would this just mean to fill out the form exactly how it was before?

I am dreading having to call USCIS since it is the biggest hassle in the world, but unless we really had a major brain fart and somehow someway signed some weird date, could it possibly be a mistake on their part? If I call USCIS and talk to a Tier 2, would they have access to my file so I can understand our mistake in order to not do it again?

Thanks for any help! :huh2: So annoying!

NOA1: May 27th, 2014 - TSC

ARN: August 8th, 2014

NO transfer....

NOA2: November 10th, 2014!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

The hubby and I filed our AOS packet at the end of June, he just had his biometrics appointment, and we just received in the mail a really confusing Request for Initial Evidence.

The letter said:

"The petitioner/sponsor submitted a Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, that was signed more than one (1) year prior to filing the Form I-485.

The petitioner/sponsor must submit a completed Form I-864 with a revision date 03/22/13, which has been signed within one year of the filing of Form I-485."

We are sure we signed everything together with a June 2015 date, so I am not sure if this means a mixed up date? Would this just mean to fill out the form exactly how it was before?

I am dreading having to call USCIS since it is the biggest hassle in the world, but unless we really had a major brain fart and somehow someway signed some weird date, could it possibly be a mistake on their part? If I call USCIS and talk to a Tier 2, would they have access to my file so I can understand our mistake in order to not do it again?

Thanks for any help! :huh2: So annoying!

The best thing you could do now is to follow the instructions with the RFE asap & send it in with the required hard copy of the letter.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, I ECHO Ning's posit to you ..

it's easy, as you made file copies of all, so it's gonna be easy to generate a new I-864 form.

you did make file copies, right?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Yup, I have copies of everything. Only I took copies of everything as we were filing out the forms and then signed/dated everything as we were about to send it out. Thats why I can't tell if it was a mistake in dating since all my copies are after filing out on the computer but before signing in black ink...

I think I will try USCIS and see if I can get confirmation or a date mistake, and then send what they are requesting.

NOA1: May 27th, 2014 - TSC

ARN: August 8th, 2014

NO transfer....

NOA2: November 10th, 2014!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

oh oh !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I think I will try USCIS and see if I can get confirmation or a date mistake, and then send what they are requesting.

Good luck with getting that info. Sounds like a date mistake to me. They also mention a form edition, so check that you used the latest form. Re-do and send again is my vote.

Next application, make an exact clone of what you are mailing by laying it page by page on a copier just before putting in the envelope. Then you won't have to guess if a cryptic RFE comes your way.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.