maryp1926

IR-2 221(g) in Dominican Republic [edited title]

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

IR-2 ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING UNDER SECCION 221(g)

I have a complicated situation.

I became a conditional united states resident based in my marriage in June 11 2013. After that I begun the procces for my kids without understanding why they didn't immigrate at the same time I got my green card when I had include them in my own application.

Their Process was taking too long and my mom the person who takes care of them is not longer able to do it due to her age and multiple sickness and me and my husband decided to request expedite their cases to Santo Domingo.

We received the acceptation for the expedite almost inmediatly and by January 12 they had the interview I went to as their mother. My husband could not go for reasons that he explained in a letter from his social worker witch letter the officer never look during the interview.

I came out the interview very sad and confused with a refusal worksheet in hands. The officer told me to make an appoitment with me and my husband at my return to USA. But now the situation is that I call NVC. USCIS. United States embassy in Dominican Republic and nobody can give me an answer of what to do next.

And adding to all that this year i have to remove the conditions on my green card which I did in April 2015 and already made my biometrics by June 6.

My questions are:

1-Why nobody can give me information to make the interview appoitment as the officer instructed me and keep sending me to a different department. Im talking about NVC -USCIS and UNITED STATES EMBASSY santo domingo?

2-Where is my kids file in USA or DOMINICAN REPUBLIC?

3-My kids cases taking so long because of my conditional status?

4-Is possible to validate my interview with my husband to remove the conditions in my green card in benefit for my kids too?

5-if yes. Who I have to contact for it USCIS or NVC? Or

6-Do we have to wait until I be approved to continue with my kids process?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Let me get some stuff cleared....

1. Your children had their embassy interview last January 12 of what year? 2014? 2015?

2. The embassy interview resulted in a temporary refusal hence the 221g. On what reason was it refused?

Timeline

Their interview was January 2015

Says: there is insufficient information to authorize a visa. We request further evidence of the relationship which may include appearance in person at the consular Section.

Timeline

Okay.

Your husband filed the petition as step-parent?

What kind of relationship proofs did you present at the interview?

DR is known for wanting the petitioner to be present at the interview together with the beneficiary.

Can't he come to DR? Your case is still with the embassy so you can make another interview appointment thru them. You are no longer dealing with USCIS or NVC.

Timeline

Yes he filed a step-parent

His cable bill

My bank statement

His child support letters

A few pictures with me

Our marriage certificate

And the rest was my kids documentation.

I tried to explain to the officer his condition with the letter that shows the complications of him been around a lot of people that he don't know but the officer never pay mind to it.

I was expecting to be able to make the interview in here New York where he feels more comfortable. We been together for more than 3 years and we can't even go to a restaurant. Imagine flying to a place where he don't know nobody but me.

Plus I want to know also if is necessary to wait until I remove the conditions on my residence or no

Timeline

I was really ready with all my kids documentation but it was more like an interview for me and my husband. why they focus on us when it was my kids interview

Timeline

If he doesn't come to DR, I'm not sure how you can convince the embassy to issue your children's visa.

You don't have to wait until after ROC to do the embassy interview. Keep in mind that the visa fee is only good for one year. After that, you'll have to pay again. Same with the medical.

Good luck!

Timeline

Wow. Ok I been trying to make the appoitment in the united states but the system don't let me and I don't see Dominican republic in the option list at USTRAVEL in the map. How can we make the appoitment.

Which website or phone number

Timeline

Oh sorry, as far as I know the medical exam is only valid for 6 months so you may have to re-do it again prior to the interview.

Let's ask the moderators to move this to the country forums.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from Introducing Our Members forum to the Caribbean regional subforum; thread title edited to add detail. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

No. Your case is completely independent from your kids' case. They have nothing to do with each other.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.