vanie

B2 Travel Visa - inquiry

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, I'm inquiring about getting a possibility of getting approved for tourist visa.

My cousin invited me to her wedding and she mailed the documents needed.

I'm a nurse here in the Philippines and working in a clinic.

I'm single and no kids. Haven't been in other countries (No travel History)

I know that ITR (Income Tax Return) is needed for documents processing but I dont have a yearly payment for it because I earned a minimum wage.

Is there any chance of getting approved? I'm baffled about the procedures and requirements to be shown at US Embassy.

I've been reading related post so I have an insight for the processing.

Thank you. I hope you can help me.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, I'm inquiring about getting a possibility of getting approved for tourist visa.

My cousin invited me to her wedding and she mailed the documents needed.

I'm a nurse here in the Philippines and working in a clinic.

I'm single and no kids. Haven't been in other countries (No travel History)

I know that ITR (Income Tax Return) is needed for documents processing but I dont have a yearly payment for it because I earned a minimum wage.

Is there any chance of getting approved? I'm baffled about the procedures and requirements to be shown at US Embassy.

I've been reading related post so I have an insight for the processing.

Thank you. I hope you can help me.

Hello Vanie,

For the last 22 years, I have already observed so many friends and relatives applying for a Tourist visa, so I already have an idea on how an individual can be granted a Non-immigrant visa. I am sorry but based on the information that you have provided, your chance for a tourist visa approval is very low, however, if you can manage and able to risk the visa application fee, you can try, schedule and experience a visa application interview at US embassy. Just make sure to do a research on what documents to bring and learn from past interview experiences of other members posted in this forum.

AOS Timeline / Family-based

Feb 24, 2015 (day 0) - Sent Forms I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131 via USPS to Chicago Lockbox
Feb 26, 2015 (day 2) - Package delivered and received.
Mar 03, 2015 (day 7) - Text / email messages from USCIS, receiving Forms I-130, I-485,
I-131 and I-765.
USD 420 and 1,070 Checks were cashed.
Mar 08, 2015 (day 12) - Paper receipts of I-797C for I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 from mail.

Mar 13, 2015 (day 17) - Mail notice received for Biometrics appointment on March 25, 2015.

Mar 25, 2015 (day 29) - Completed Biometrics, as scheduled.

May 12, 2015 (day 75) - AP/EAD approved and Card has been ordered.

May 27, 2015 (day 90) - AP/EAD Card received in the mailbox.

June 3, 2015 (day 97) - Received NPIW letter in the mailbox.

Sept 24, 2015 (day 212) - I-130/I-485 approved. No Interview.

Sept 28, 2015 (day 216) - GC mailed.

Sept 30, 2015 (day 218) - GC received.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

If in case you want to go for it: At the interview, the IO will ask you why are you applying for a B1/B2 visa (reasons}?; What is your current job and how long you have been working; If your single or have a family: If you have any business; so on and so forth. The bottom line is, they will assess you if you have a very strong ties in the Philippines or reasons that you will go back home. If you can satisfy this, you have a chance but other than this, it will just be pure luck and depending on the mood of the IO that will "interrogate" you. Goodluck on your decision.

N-400 process

03/03/16 Submitted N-400 application and docs
03/09/16 USCIS ackn rcpt (txt, email, and NOA1) and chk cashed
03/29/16 Biometrics (walked in - orig date 04/05/16)
04/04/16 In Line for an Interview (txt, email, and checked case status)

05/16/16 Scheduled for an Interview (Case Status Online)

05/20/16 Received I/L
06/24/16 Interview date (PASSED)
07/20/16 Oath-taking at LACC ( I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They might be wondering how someone on minimum wage in PI which I guess is not very much, can afford a trip to the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Hey all, I have a question....I work on Carnival Cruise lines and am now on vacation, I am going to cruise for 1 month before i sign on. :. I am entering USA with my B1/B2 VISA, but will then need to switch over to my C1/D to sign onto the ship within USA. Is it possible????

Timeline

Sure leave and re enter.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Visa is an entry document.

Timeline

I do not remember the details of what you can and can not do on a C/D, but if that is the one you need to have status on then that is the one you need to seek entry on.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.