g65nov

Steps after I-130 approval?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, it has been a while since my wife has become a US citizen but now my mother in law is a US resident as well and I have a question. She petitioned her step son to come to the US and filed an I-130. It was approved with a priority date of March 2014. According to the latest visa bulletin the F2 category has now reached Dec 2013. My question is what are the next steps if/when the date reaches March 2014? I know that a I-485 needs to be filed but does she do it does he need to do it and when does it need to be done? Does the embassy in Bogota (where he is) notify her son that the date is current and set him up for an interview? What else if anything is filed with the I-485? Just need some information,,,Thanks so much!!!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi,

An I-485 is for someone currently in the U.S. to adjust status for a green card.

Since he is outside the U.S., the I-485 does not apply.

Look at DS-260, application for a visa.

Hi,

An I-485 is for someone currently in the U.S. to adjust status for a green card.

Since he is outside the U.S., the I-485 does not apply.

Look at DS-260, application for a visa.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Tell mom to call NVC, ask for case number and invoice identification number, and have her email added into the system so she can receive email notifications.

Have the NOA2 on hand coz the NVC rep will ask for the USCIS receipt number.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.