6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone,

How do I know where to send my I-134 Affidavit of Support? I'm putting together a whole package, and I need to know what to do with it once it's completed.

My fiance has his interview scheduled for August 27 in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico.

I clicked on the instructions for the I-134 but it doesn't say where to file. I can't find it anywhere. Also, do you think I'm ok for time on this? I can have it sent out as soon as I finish, but I'm not sure what the processing time needed is. Please help.

Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i thought the beneficiary handed it in on interview day at the IV Unit?

Then a clerk looks at it there,

then a Vice-Consul looks at it there.

Did something change for Cuidad de Juarez?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

It says that filing information is available on the government website, but it's not...

Do I send this packet to my fiance for him to take to his interview? Or do we send it to Juarez before his interview for his K1 visa?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I-134 is filled out by the petitioner, sent to the beneficiary and then submitted by the beneficiary at interview.

The document must have an original signature on it and must be supplemented with supporting documents (tax returns, bank accounts, insurance policies, etc). I even went as far to provide my resume at interview to show I was quite employable.

Filed I-129F: 3 November 2014 (CSC)

NOA 1: 20 November 2014

NOA 2: 2 February 2015

Consulate Notification: 8 April 2015

Consular Interview: 19 May 2015
Medical: 20 May 2015
Administrative Processing: 20 May - ???

GLOBAL VISA SHUTDOWN: 9 June 2015
Advised approved for issuance: 24 June 2015
Requested re-validated I-129F (expired during shutdown): 24 June 2015
Advised I-129F revalidation received: 30 June 2015
Administrative Processing: 30 June 2015

Visa Issued: 13 JULY 2015
USA POE: 24 OCT 2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Follow the instructions for Juarez > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

SECOND: Compile documents that pertain to your case from the following list. DO NOT send them to this office by mail. Instead, take them with you to the interview.

1. A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions)
2. Original birth certificate
3. Original marriage certificate (if applicable)
4. Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
5. Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older.) Details on obtaining police certificates can be found at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html#police.
6. Medical examination (Vaccinations are optional.) See the attached instructions for medical exams.
7. Evidence of financial support (Form I-134). Additionally, an affidavit of support might be requested.
8. Two (2) 2x2 photographs for each applicant. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements.
9. Evidence of the relationship between the petitioner and beneficiary (a).
10. Proof of the petitioner’s U.S. citizenship. This might include a birth certificate or U.S. passport.
11. Receipt of payment for $265.00 USD for each applicant through either the online system or from any BANAMEX or SCOTIA bank branch. Note: Please validate your Banamex or Scotia bank payment at http://usvisa-info.com/en-MX/selfservice/us_fee_payment_options
12. Consular Interview appointment letter.
13. Confirmation of online submission of form DS-160 for each applicant.
14. If you have obtained non-immigrant visas to enter the United States (i.e. tourist visa, Laser visa, student visa), bring those visas with you to the interview.
15. The address where you would like us to mail your documents at the end of the visa process.

The original civil documents will not be returned to the applicant/petitioner after the interview.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I-134 is filled out by the petitioner, sent to the beneficiary and then submitted by the beneficiary at interview.

The document must have an original signature on it and must be supplemented with supporting documents (tax returns, bank accounts, insurance policies, etc). I even went as far to provide my resume at interview to show I was quite employable.

Bank accounts and insurance policies are not required for the typical I-134. If you meet the income requirement, you can just provide most recent tax return or IRS transcript, letter from employer and/or recent pay stubs.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.