Honey&Bunny

How to get a supervisor on the at nvc!

41 posts in this topic

Hello VJ friends, it has been a while since I've been on this site. Anyways, after 7 checklists, yes, 7 checklists, from NVC in regards the Affidavit of Support, and going 3 times to my local congressman's office (which by the way, didn't help anything) I took it upon on myself to put on the boxing gloves and deal with NVC. I spent 4 hours and finally got through, and talk to one of the many LAZY BUMS that work at NVC. I have called several times before and tried to talk to a supervisor, but there was never "one available at this time" for my luck. Anyways, this particular time I called, and I said that I was recording them for legal purposes (I WAS BLUFFING, LOL) and that I just needed them to know. I proceeded, and I explained the girl on the phone the reason why I was calling for, and since she couldn't help me, I demanded to talk to a supervisor. She put a SUPERVISOR ON!!! I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT, BUT THERE I WAS, talking to a supervisor about my problem. That same day in the afternoon, I got a message that says, "ALL DOCUMENTATION NESSESARY TO COMPLETE THE NATIONAL VISA CENTER'S PROCESSING OF YOUR CASE HAS BEEN RECEIVED" I SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS 8 MONTHS AGO! So people, now you know The national visa center, doesn't want the media to know how nasty they are to people, so the minute they know that they are being recorded, they want to help you. BTW, that was last week.... Good luck to you all..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hahaha! yes speaking to a supervisor really helps... i hounded one down all week and guess what FINALLY my case has been complete!!!!

if anyone wants to know the name, go to Sylvia!! she knows what she is doing !

Hello VJ friends, it has been a while since I've been on this site. Anyways, after 7 checklists, yes, 7 checklists, from NVC in regards the Affidavit of Support, and going 3 times to my local congressman's office (which by the way, didn't help anything) I took it upon on myself to put on the boxing gloves and deal with NVC. I spent 4 hours and finally got through, and talk to one of the many LAZY BUMS that work at NVC. I have called several times before and tried to talk to a supervisor, but there was never "one available at this time" for my luck. Anyways, this particular time I called, and I said that I was recording them for legal purposes (I WAS BLUFFING, LOL) and that I just needed them to know. I proceeded, and I explained the girl on the phone the reason why I was calling for, and since she couldn't help me, I demanded to talk to a supervisor. She put a SUPERVISOR ON!!! I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT, BUT THERE I WAS, talking to a supervisor about my problem. That same day in the afternoon, I got a message that says, "ALL DOCUMENTATION NESSESARY TO COMPLETE THE NATIONAL VISA CENTER'S PROCESSING OF YOUR CASE HAS BEEN RECEIVED" I SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS 8 MONTHS AGO! So people, now you know The national visa center, doesn't want the media to know how nasty they are to people, so the minute they know that they are being recorded, they want to help you. BTW, that was last week.... Good luck to you all..

When was your case completed? You are from Dr? Have you called and ask if you can get an august interview? My case was completed on june 29 and I'm still waiting for an interview date, from Dr.

hahaha! yes speaking to a supervisor really helps... i hounded one down all week and guess what FINALLY my case has been complete!!!!

That information would have really been useful 8 months ago, lol. Talking to a supervisor at NVC seems harder than talking to a celebrity. So, this means that my case is complete right?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You should call again and confirm because that's what I did just to be safe.

It's like s very long hold 30-1hour but someone eventually answers

When was your case completed? You are from Dr? Have you called and ask if you can get an august interview? My case was completed on june 29 and I'm still waiting for an interview date, from Dr.

I am assuming that it is completed, and if it is, it was completed on Wednesday, July 1, 2015.. I got the email that I quoted above. Did you get an email like that? I am from DR, and I doubt that I am getting an interview in August. It seems to me that after a case is completed, it takes an extra few weeks to get an interview notice.

You should call again and confirm because that's what I did just to be safe.

It's like s very long hold 30-1hour but someone eventually answers

30-1hour wait!? I would have waited longer than that it was able to get through. I couldn't get to them for the world.

I am assuming that it is completed, and if it is, it was completed on Wednesday, July 1, 2015.. I got the email that I quoted above. Did you get an email like that? I am from DR, and I doubt that I am getting an interview in August. It seems to me that after a case is completed, it takes an extra few weeks to get an interview notice.

I received an email with those same words. I think we are on time for an august interview, maybe the are just delayed because of the problems they had on Monday and Tuesday, if sometime you get to call and ask them that please let me know the response. Take care

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations. I will add you to the spreadsheet.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

~~moved to NVC discussion from IR1/CR1 process and procedures. Topic is about the NVC.~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I received an email with those same words. I think we are on time for an august interview, maybe the are just delayed because of the problems they had on Monday and Tuesday, if sometime you get to call and ask them that please let me know the response. Take care

I spoke to someone that has an interview appointment on August, and she told me that she got the same message when her case was about to complete. It is just a matter of days now to be completed. Also, I doubt that we are getting our interviews for August. From what I have been checking here, I am projecting my husband's to be in the middle of September.

Filed: Timeline

Sylvia handled mine also, she did a great job, it tooks a week for her to approve it.

The key is to ask to talk to a supervisor, yes that is after 30 days is done, ask for a supervisor direct. And hound them every day.

and also pray.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I've been having issues with my case at NVC. Currently it's been 79 days since I submitted my AOS and IV packages, and nothing has been reviewed yet. The rep I spoke to this morning at 7am sharp voluntarily put me on the line with a supervisor, and I waited maybe seven to ten minutes to speak to her (Mari).

She told me that she was going to contact her management about my case, but that she couldn't promise anything and that I should call back late next week. While I was on the phone with her I heard her typing, and she said she'd sent off an email.

Our case is an EP case, and she told me that there is "no time frame" for EP cases, but that she'd try to see if someone could do her a favor to look at the case. My husband and I are likely going to try to contact our senator today, as I've been told that they deal with federal issues -- not congressmen. After almost eighty days waiting for them to just look at our files I'm so frustrated. The possibility that we could get a checklist after near three months of waiting and then get caught up in the system again makes me feel like there's little hope.

Has anyone else experienced something similar to this? I'd love to hear others stories so I can prepare myself for what's to come. Do you think an email from a supervisor to the "management" is going to help me at all?

September 29, 2012 - First met through a writing forum
January 5, 2014 - Engaged!
June 27, 2014 - Married!

USCIS:
September 23, 2014 - Sent off I-130 package
September 29, 2014 - Priority Date
September 30, 2014 - NOA1
March 26, 2015 - NOA2
April 2, 2015 - Case shipped to NVC

NVC:
April 13, 2015 - Case Number/IIN received
April 15, 2015 - DS-261 submitted
April 15, 2015 - AOS fee paid
April 21, 2015 - AOS package submitted
April 21, 2015 - IV package submitted
April 21, 2015 - Scan date

April 30, 2015 - DS-261 reviewed over the phone

May 12, 2015 - IV fee paid (late due to "EP lock")
May 13, 2015 - DS-260 submitted

May 27, 2015 - AOS/IV packages still not reviewed, flagged for supervisor review

July 10, 2015 - Supervisor review does nothing, flagged for unit manager review
August 11, 2015 - Case Complete!

Interview:

October 6, 2015 - Medical

October 13, 2015 - Interview date (AP - need to submit copy of 2014 W2)
October 21, 2015 - Visa status changed to "READY" and then a few hours later "ISSUED"

October 28, 2015 - Passport received (was available for pickup Oct. 27)
October 28, 2015 - POE fee paid
October 30, 2015 - POE!

After POE:
November 9, 2015 - Received SSN (checked off option to apply on forms)
December 1, 2015 - Received Green Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.