raider13255

Medical Re-examination

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Medical exams are said to be good for six months and is what the visa expiration dates are based on. But does anyone know if this is always from the initial date of the exam or the completion of the exam? My fiance's child has ADHD and she herself had to have sputnum test, but they would not do psych eval for ADHD until after results of fiance's sputnum test. So although they all went in Jan 21, 2015, their exams were not completed until May 1st (when all 3 went sent to embassy). But then when we received their visas, the embassy used Jan 21 to calculate 6 months validity for her daughters and they are soon to expire. While, wife's visa and medical expired Jul 1st (as they used 3 months from sputnum result date--April 1st). In that CFO was refusing to stamp until Jun 27th, we ran out of time to get them here (that place was a nightmare...). So now my wife's visa is expired and they say she must get visa "re-issued" and have paperwork reevaluated. Needless to say, I'm sure they are going to say she needs another medical exam (this is actually her 3rd one in past 10 months--as embassy did not send her a 221(g) form after her initial interivew for 4 weeks and with it taking 4 months to complete medical exams from start to finish, she ran out of time then too). So I am assuming they are going to say they all need new medical exams. And of course they will say she needs another "sputnum" test and her daughter another "psych eval" for harm--although they have had 2 already in past 10 months that show they are fine.

Anyone know where to find actual procedures and whether the embassy is correct in dating visas from initial date, rather than the end date and whether fiance's visa should have been dated from "sputnum result" or from date completed and sent to embassy?

Btw...CFO in Manila ended up wanting my job records/resume and my college transcripts plus full divorce paperwork, as lady said she wanted to make sure I wasn't a serial killer or something, as she suspected something wrong having seeing my 2 divorces ended in "dissolution of marrige"--another term for divorce. Her "concern" is the reason we are now going through this yet a 3rd time. I suspect she wanted a bribe--but my fiance was afraid to offer it to her.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Hi Raider13255, Yes I have read the same from others that Medical exams are good for six months and is what the visa expiration dates are based on. Some say it starts the first day of the medical, if you do sputum others say it starts on the date you get the results back.

My girl was told by Saint Lukes and the Embassy during her interview that it will expire on July 22.

The first day of her medical was Feb 9th. She also had to do a sputum and results back on April 27.

So as you can see its not 6 months.

But comparing our case to yours it looks like they only give us 3 months after sputum results even if it cuts us short of 6 months!

Only God knows what top secret procedure they go by!...lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we only got 2 months after being released, we completed the interview on 25 June and have until 27 july to get her out before the medical expires, just waiting for visas

15 Mar 2012---Started talking online
25 Mar 2012---Texting and twice a day conversations
28 Mar 2012---Exclusive with each other
26 Apr 2012---Engaged
01 Jul 2012---Married in our hearts
24 Dec 2012---Visited for Christmas and New Year's In Zamboanga City

10 Jul 2013 -- Vacationed in Davao City, K1 application transffered

16 Aug 2013 -- NOA2!!!!!!!!

WOW! Only 2 months, there goes the 3 month theory..lol

Yea something very strange is going on at Saint Lukes when it comes to sputum and dates, its just way to inconsistent.

Do to the issue of not being able to print visas for a couple weeks and then issuing them to people that had most resent interviews instead of people that had there interview first Saint Lukes/Embassy are going to make ALOT of money making people repay the fees again.. Very sad..

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Medical exams are said to be good for six months and is what the visa expiration dates are based on. But does anyone know if this is always from the initial date of the exam or the completion of the exam? My fiance's child has ADHD and she herself had to have sputnum test, but they would not do psych eval for ADHD until after results of fiance's sputnum test. So although they all went in Jan 21, 2015, their exams were not completed until May 1st (when all 3 went sent to embassy). But then when we received their visas, the embassy used Jan 21 to calculate 6 months validity for her daughters and they are soon to expire. While, wife's visa and medical expired Jul 1st (as they used 3 months from sputnum result date--April 1st). In that CFO was refusing to stamp until Jun 27th, we ran out of time to get them here (that place was a nightmare...). So now my wife's visa is expired and they say she must get visa "re-issued" and have paperwork reevaluated. Needless to say, I'm sure they are going to say she needs another medical exam (this is actually her 3rd one in past 10 months--as embassy did not send her a 221(g) form after her initial interivew for 4 weeks and with it taking 4 months to complete medical exams from start to finish, she ran out of time then too). So I am assuming they are going to say they all need new medical exams. And of course they will say she needs another "sputnum" test and her daughter another "psych eval" for harm--although they have had 2 already in past 10 months that show they are fine.

Anyone know where to find actual procedures and whether the embassy is correct in dating visas from initial date, rather than the end date and whether fiance's visa should have been dated from "sputnum result" or from date completed and sent to embassy?

Btw...CFO in Manila ended up wanting my job records/resume and my college transcripts plus full divorce paperwork, as lady said she wanted to make sure I wasn't a serial killer or something, as she suspected something wrong having seeing my 2 divorces ended in "dissolution of marrige"--another term for divorce. Her "concern" is the reason we are now going through this yet a 3rd time. I suspect she wanted a bribe--but my fiance was afraid to offer it to her.

CFO was not looking for a bribe, and you did well not to offer one. That is SOP for CFO to go over the edge requesting documents, especially if they perceive the Filipina to be timid, shy (not self-assured and confident) or such. Best approach is give them what they request.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.