bjc0615

The next step after I-130 (merged threads)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

Me and my wife currently live in Japan. I just filed a I 130 petition for my wife to move to America. I know I have to prove my income in America after they approve the i130 petition. Since we live in Japan, we don’t have any income now in America. We don’t have in saving in America as well.

1. My brother is in the army and has 1 kid. His salary is around 35,000 and His wife is working too. Can he be our joint sponsor?
  2. If not, can we have two joint sponsors for my spouse, excluding myself?
  3. I read that if we don’t have any income in America and we have 3 times the amount saved up that’s above the poverty line, it will help with the immigrant visa. We don’t have this much, so can we use my wifes parents bank information?
  4. We have to prove that we will live in America permanently, will my bank account in America and Address in America be enough? Is there anything else we can use as proof?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

1. Yes.

2. No-ish, but the wife of your brother can combine her income with her husband by filing I-864A (ie not two seperate co-sponsors, but if they are financially tied, you can)

3. Are the wife's parents in the USA? If so yes. If they are abroad, no.

4. It is a bit weak, but may be enough, especially if your address is a home you own or rent, rather than just a friend or family member's address. Other stuff you can use is tax filings, proof of furniture in storage, bills (such as a US-based cell-phone), proof you have been looking for a home to rent and a job in the USA, current drivers license etc

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Thank you so much for this information. I Know now I can use my brother as my sponsor. I didn't know I can use use my drivers license, furniture in storage, bills, and etc as proof that we will come back to America permanently. This has been a great help and all my questions have been answered thus far.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

re: domicile proof.

I'm sorry, Penguin's answer seemed a bit weak.

You have two paths, pick one:

1. proof of domicile or

2. proof to re-establish domicile.

Most people choose option 2, showing such things as:

1. an executed lease

2. a letter from parents clearly stating you two will live with them

3. an employment offer letter

on a pc? got signatures enabled? click the link below, study the verbiage on the example letter there to prove up 1 or 2.

Go Get em, and Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thank you for the new information. This information and Penguins information will help boost our confidence in getting our visa approved. I didn't know we so many ways to prove I will return to America. Thanks again for your help.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Me and my wife had our i130 petition approved at the end of July. I am a United States citizen currently residing in Japan with my with. We have received our welcome letter last week. We are now working on gathering documents for the i864 and I have a few questions.

1. I am currently unemployed and am living off my wifes income here in Japan. Do I need to put her financial information on the i864 form even though she is the intending immigrant?

2. Do me and the joint sponsor both fill out the same i864 form, or does he need to fill out a different type of i864 form?

3. If i submit a tax transcript from the IRS as proof of my income, do I need a W-2 as well?

4. For my joint sponsor, is his tax transcripts from the last three years, pay stubs from the past 6 months, and a copy of his Birth certificate all the proof I need for him to be my joint sponsor?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

What kind of visa are you applying for? A little confusing since you are mentioning your wife, yet you file your question in the K1 Fiancee visa forum?? :oops:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Similar-same themed threads merged~

~Please refrain from multiple posting of similar-same themed threads~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Sorry, I posted that in the wrong forum, I meant to post that in the IR-1/CR-1 spouse visa forum. I filed a i 130 petition for my spouse and had it approved at the end of July. We got a welcome letter in the mail about two weeks ago. I have began gathering documents and have questions for the i 864 proof of income part on the visa.

1. For the I 864 proof of support, will I need to put my wife's income on the form, even though she is the intending immigrant? She is currently the only one working in Japan.

2. My brother will be the joint sponsor and I wanted to know if all I need is his irs tax transcript, pay stubs as proof of income, and copy of his US birth certificate? 3. And do both Me and my brother need to fill out the same I 864 form?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.