Rael

AOS Interview results

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hey guys,

Just finished our AOS interview here in Hawaii and the IO gave us two forms to sign.

1) 1st form that says "Notice of Interview Results" and on the paper there are 3 check boxes. The IO didnt check either of those but just informed us to check our case online.

2) 2nd form says to file Form I-751 within 90 days after the 2nd anniversary of the date I am granted conditional permanent resident.

After that, she told us that they will do a background check and thats it.

So, my questions are..... did anyone of you experienced this and do you know if thats a good sign for approval?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, it is a good sign of approval. Many are not approved on the spot and need some sort of extra reviewing before the approval goes through.

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based main forum to Progress Reports sub-forum - topic is case status ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

I was given the same two papers only the first one was checked as "recommended for approval" and I was told at the interview that my green card was approved. And it was explained about how to remove conditions and when. Moreover, the officer even put the right dates there for future removal of conditions. Nothing was said about background check.

But i received the green card only 2 months after the interview and it came from KY, while I live in GA

Timeline

So, just got this on the site when we checked our status.

"On June 30, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number MSC123456789. Please follow the instructions in the notice. Your new permanent resident card should arrive by August 29, 2015, after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

First, I'm confused on the part where it says

"after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice."

Can anyone please advise?

Did we get an RFE or something? Whats ADIT?

Thank you.

Timeline

I also got an email saying this.

There has been a recent processing action taken on your case.

Receipt Number: MSC123456789

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Decision

On June 30, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice for Receipt Number MSC123456789. Please follow the instructions in the notice. Your new permanent resident card should arrive by August 29, 2015, after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move, go towww.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision. "

So, the status is still on DECISION??? I dont get it??? The last paragraph also states that we havent got approved yet but on the status on the website it say they already sent the GC?

You are good, GC is coming soon. Congratulations.

TIP: never trust online updates. My sister received her approval letter and her online status is still "RFE received" since Oct 2014.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, just what it says. They made a decision on your case, which was an approval. Your welcome letter is on its way, and your card will be mailed to you soon.

ADIT = Alien Documentation, Identification & Telecommunications System, and refers to biometrics.

It won't apply to you, since you already did your biometrics.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Yes, just what it says. They made a decision on your case, which was an approval. Your welcome letter is on its way, and your card will be mailed to you soon.

ADIT = Alien Documentation, Identification & Telecommunications System, and refers to biometrics.

It won't apply to you, since you already did your biometrics.

Ahh okay. Makes sense. Thank you!

You are good, GC is coming soon. Congratulations.

TIP: never trust online updates. My sister received her approval letter and her online status is still "RFE received" since Oct 2014.

Mhm good point on that. I'll just wait for my GC then. Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.