Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Filing late...moving bases

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all! I have not been here in about....2 years :)

It is currently 1:14 am in Arizona as I type this. Out of the blue I decided to research about removing the condition on my wife's green card. That is when I saw the rule on fling 90 days before her card expires. I have completely forgot about the time frame!! Her card expires 9 Aug 2015. I'm getting stationed in another base, in which I leave for on July 15. I am going to try and send the I-751 today. We have the evidence of the bona fide marriage and all that and even had a beautiful baby girl on May 1st this year.

My question is, what else should I send, since my package is cutting it VERY close to the expiration date? We literally have no excuse on the issue, other than "we forgot". Also, if it comes down to her card expiring before we can get a notice of receipt, what exactly are the consequences after she leaves the country? Will it mean us having to go through the entire immigration process? Will she be barred from coming back for a while? Permanently? Has the notice of receipt been a letter or email....or both?

The reason I mentioned the fact that I'm being stationed in another base is also to ask about a forwarding address. We have not been able to find a place to live over there yet, can I use our friends address for now ?(they are at the new base already). I know where to go to change it online.

I just want to thank everyone in advance, every single package I assembled to get my wife here was modeled after the guides on here.

Thank you,


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You are not filing late :)

You CAN file up to 90 days before the card expires, but as long as it is post marked by the day the card expires, you are fine.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for the reply. A quick question. On part 4 of the I-751, Children. Do I need to put our daughter's information? She was born here in the States. Or is that just for kids that were born in another country? If I do have to put my daughter's info, will I have to add another $85 biometric fee?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Include all children but you will mark that she is not removing conditions.

Both fees together on one money order or check.

$590 total.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.