4 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I am here in united states in F1 visa, still legal and am looking to adjust the status. My Priority date is Feb 21, 2014. If things go smooth, my PD should be current in about 4 months. Can someone please tell me what is the first thing I should do when my PD becomes current (or when it is close to being current). In NVC website I found this info "If you are physically present in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status with USCIS, then your case will not be processed by the NVC." This really confused me. I was under the impression that you had to apply through NVC no matter the situation. Does this mean I send all the fees and documents directly to the local USCIS completely bypassing NVC. Does this mean that it doesn't matter if NVC receives my case or not and assigns me a case number or not? I am asking this question because NVC hasn't received my case yet and my i130 was approved back in july 2014. I found out that USCIS had sent my file to national record centre (NRC) to archive my case instead of sending it to NVC. I have already requested them to send my file to NVC and they have expedited the process giving me approximately a month. But my question if if NVC doesn't process "adjustment of status" cases then it wouldn't matter if they receive my case, right?

CIS Office : New York City NY Date Filed : 2015-09-02 NOA Date : 2015-09-04 RFE(s) : None Bio. Appt. : 2015-09-29

EAD Approved Date : 2015-11-04

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Local USCIS office takes your AOS filing if you are 'onshore'.

Filed I-129F: 3 November 2014 (CSC)

NOA 1: 20 November 2014

NOA 2: 2 February 2015

Consulate Notification: 8 April 2015

Consular Interview: 19 May 2015
Medical: 20 May 2015
Administrative Processing: 20 May - ???

GLOBAL VISA SHUTDOWN: 9 June 2015
Advised approved for issuance: 24 June 2015
Requested re-validated I-129F (expired during shutdown): 24 June 2015
Advised I-129F revalidation received: 30 June 2015
Administrative Processing: 30 June 2015

Visa Issued: 13 JULY 2015
USA POE: 24 OCT 2015

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Box 22 in the form i130 says "complete the information below if your relative is in the united states and will apply for adjustment of status. Your relative is in the united states and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident at the USCIS office in: ____________"

Which USCIS office should I put here? I am residing in New York city. So do I put New York's local USCIS office where I had my i130 interview or Chicago lockbox where I sent my i130 packet?

Thanks in advance.

CIS Office : New York City NY Date Filed : 2015-09-02 NOA Date : 2015-09-04 RFE(s) : None Bio. Appt. : 2015-09-29

EAD Approved Date : 2015-11-04

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from AOS from Family visa to AOS from Student Visa forum ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.